Elizabethtown, KY
Elizabethtown Community and Technical College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Elizabethtown Community and Technical College

Audrey

First, I would probably tell my self that a community college is not a bad way to go. It will help you save tons of money at the start of your adult life. Living with your parents is not a bad way to go either. You will get everything paid for except your gas and your tuition and you can get help with that from various things, scholarships, loans, etc. And college life is not for everyone. If you want a small campus and more one on one time with the teachers definitely go to a community college because WKU was definitely not a good place to start off with. You will get homesick and spend too much money for a school that is not right for you. So finally just pick ECTC for now and then see where that leads you. It could alter so much about life.

The worst thing about the school would be that you don't get the full college experience. For example you can't live on campus or join athletic teams or other various activities. It is good to get a true college experience because it helps you face what you will be dealing with, once you get out of college, head on. Community colleges do not give you that perspective.

If a student loves big crowds and over sized classes ECTC would not be for them. The class sizes range from about 20 to 35 students and the average class size would probably be about 30 students. If a student also wants to party hard they probably don't want to come to ECTC either. There are a few parties but not anything like a 4-year college.

Montana

Take college seriously! Yes, you can have fun, make friends and enjoy life, but the truth of the matter is, your grades will not only effect the rest of your life, but it will accept the next years in college. Your GPA plays a major role in future grants and scholarships to pay for the rest of your education. The rest of your education plays a major role in future employment and that affects your entire way of life. Spend time studying, learning, and enjoying college, and WATCH that GPA! Also, give alot of thought to your major. Dont get an education in a field because it pays more, or is more in demand. Instead pick a major in something you truly enjoy and have passion for, because you may spend the rest of your life doing it. You can work for money, but if you work for love of the job, you will have a happier life.

The education cost is reasonable, and the teachers are very helpful.

They are very disorganized. It takes awhile to get your paperwork sorted out, and your class enrollment done.

Nimna

They are focus and ready to learn all the time

They are focus and ready to learn all the time

Since I only got the chance to go to high school for the last sememster of my senior year, I would have done things very differently if I had the chance to go to high school for the whole year. First, I would kept my GPA up at all the time, and make A's, so I will be able to get more KEES money. Second, I would have taken ACT or SAT in the begining of the year, so If I got a lower score, I could have taken the test over and over again untill I get a good score. Third, I would have taken college level classes while in high school so I would have completed most of my basic classes . Fourth, I would have applied for scholarships as many as I could, so I would atleast get one of them. Finally, I would have played more sports, involved in community and club activities which would have really helped when I applied for scholarships.

I usually talk about how much I love spending time in ECTCS. How much help the college provide us with the Student Support Services, Math Lab, Library, and the Computer Lab. Also which professors are the favorites and which aren't. I recommend the best teachers I had for the semesters.

My school offers one of the best registered nurse programs, of which I am currently enrolled in. I know that having gone through my school's nursing program, which is difficult to even get into, I will become the best nurse that I am able to be, because of the education I am receiving. ECC's nursing program is very challenging but also rewarding. The have a 100% pass rate of program graduates passing the board exam, NCLEX, for licensing. I will be proud to be a graduate of Elizabethtown Community College's registered nursing program.

First of all, I would stress that continuing your education through college is not an option. Instead, it's a necessity. It may seem as if you should be free after high school and not have to take up any additional responsibility, but actually, you will be laying the foundation for the rest of your life. College allows you to pick a career of your choice, something you want to do with the rest of your life. Without college, your career or rather job choices are severely limited and you will definitely not be completely and satisfactorily rewarded for your time and effort. You need to decide right now if you want to pick what you want to do for the rest of your life, which you can by going to college, or if you want to settle for a job you despise where you're just a number to your boss that barely pays you enough to get there everyday. Getting a degree from a college will ensure a sound financial future, a happy, successful, and abundent future. This is probably the first big decision you have had to ever make, and you decide, not mom or dad.

Any kind of person should attend this school. Those who want a 4 or 6 year degree can obtain their associates degree at ECC then either finish up at a university or take advantage of the classes some universities offer on-campus in Elizabethtown, or students only wanting their associates should go to ECC. Students right out of high school should go here, people that haven't been in school for 20 years should go here, single mothers/fathers should go here, anyone, any race, creed, and color should attend Elizabethtown Community College.

It is close to home and I can take classes as I wish

It is close to home and I can take classes as I wish

I believe that I would tell myself that it's not as easy as it looks. Its harder than high school and if anything, always be confident in yourself that you can do the assignments, even if they seem impossible to complete. Also, don't get discouraged about affording it. If it is truly what you want to do, then go for it. Don't let others talk you out of what you want to do. If you do, you may regret it in the future. Be prepared for the unthinkable. Anything can happen. What counts is how you react to it.

anyone that cannot afford to attend a university or wants to stay close to home

Savannah

I would probably tell myself to go to a 4-year school. I like the smallness of a community college, however I do not feel as if I have gained any independence. I still live at home, and I sometimes I wish I didnt.

I like the small classes. Teachers have more of an ability to help each student individually.

I wish I had known more about my teachers. There should be an online site to go to in order to see how other students rate ECTC teachers. There are a few teachers I would rather have not had, and I wish I could have done some kind of check on them before signing up for their class.

Elizabethtown Community and Technical College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.