Elmhurst, IL
Elmhurst College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Elmhurst College

Lindsey

There is a variety of different kinds of classmates from jokers to "nerds", everyone has something new to bring to the table.

Find the college that is right for you. It's out there somewhere. When choosing a school, think about possible majors that you would be interested in, class sizes and the distance away from your home. Make sure to visit the campuses at the top of your list, because you might just get the exciting feeling that "Hey, this college is for me!" Only you know what is the right fit for you. Once you get to college, you can be anyone that you want to be. You will meet so many new people that won't know what you were like in high school, so if you want to be more outgoing or more this or that, then go for it! College is a new experiance, so get ready for a new you. Don't be afraid, the other freshmen are all in the same boat as you, so just get together and have a great time. Also remember your academics. College is the start of the rest of your life, the choices you make will affect you forever. But don't worry, it's much easier than the "real world". So have fun and don't hold back!

My school is best known for the small class sizes, family like atmosphere, and for many of the popular majors(Nursing, Teaching, Music, etc.)

The advice I would give to parents and students when looking for a college is to write down on a list the top three to five things they need a college. I would then take the next step to enter in a database, what your top 5 is and find out what schools provide those things for their students. I would then go looking at some of the collges that appear to have those quailities. When visting a collge, it is important to look at the big picture of what they offer. Such as what financial/scholarships do they offer, how is job placement after college, what is the student to teach ration, and the on-campus living situation. Basically your college should be everything that you can possibly get out of it and help you start a great career; and since you are paying so much to get a good education you want it to be at a place that will give you the best possible education and make you feel comfortable all year when attending classes.

They decided to kick my sorority off campus last semester because we weren't a national sorority and are considered a liability. After being on campus for nearly 20 years and all of sudden for them to do this out of the blue-really hurt! They are now replacing us and it makes me really sad to see how the administration has such an overruling power compared to the Student Goverment Assoc.

Glennis

Start your search early, at least in your junior year. Search for schools online by factors like location, majors, financial aid, and activities, to start a list of schools to consider. Next, narrow your list by thoroughly examining each school's website to get a better idea of what the school is like, then apply and set up overnight visits to your top priority schools. This will let you converse with students and professors, and attend classes and activities. By this time, you should have a good idea of where you want to attend. Finish your applications as soon as possible, to avoid missing deadlines. Once you know where you have been accepted, decide on your school and begin the process for becoming a student. Fill out the FAFSA and other financial aid applications as needed. To get the most from your college experience, join clubs and activities in your areas of interest, stay safe and healthy, use your campus resources, and network with as many other students as you can. Balance your schedule between studying and having fun, and make sure not to overwhelm yourself. Transitioning to college can be scary, but there are always people to help you.

With regard to the theater program, I wish I had known that even a small program can be very competitive. Females greatly outnumber males at auditions, and due to space limitations in our facilities, we are unable to stage large, elaborate productions with a large amount of roles. Hence, our productions usually consist of small casts with no more than 12 members, and it seems that the same people are continually cast in each production.

Someone who is intolerant of others' differences, with regard to race/ethnicity, physical disability, sexual orientation, economic status, gender, religion, or any other factors. Elmhurst College is commited to promoting diversity, with several intercultural and interfaith student organizations, and a major/minor in Intercultural Studies. We have had several incidences of hate crimes in the past few years, including defacing posters and writing racial slurs on students' room doors. The College is working to investigate these incidents and prevent them from happening again, and openmindedness among students is a key factor in this process.

Juliet

Very nice, smart, and friendly.

Very nice, smart, and friendly.

Look around. I physically went to 11 different colleges/universities before deciding on Elmhurst College. I looked into big school, small school, in state, out of state, schools in the city, and in the country. It's all about finding out where you fit. Inquire at every college the major you want and the activites or sports you would like to participate in. See whats out there. The hardest part for me was narrowing my list down to 4 schools and getting accepted by them all. I finally made a pro and con list and decided on Elmhurst College. Tips on making the most of your college experience??? Live on campus.!!! I live 35min from my campus and I live in a dorm. In contrast, my roommate lives on campus (obviously) but goes home every weekend. I'm involved in a sorority and yearbook on campus, she is involved in nothing. Let yourself be open enough to try new things. I didn't know if I wanted to rush a sorority, but I'm so glad I did. I've made friends that will last forever and met the sisters I never knew I had.

Someone who isn't willing to do the work or study for the exams to get the grades. Definitely not a procrastinator, I've had 3 friends kicked out this passed year for poor grades.

Nina

Elmhurst campus brings forth a good vibe.

Elmhurst campus brings forth a good vibe.

Make sure that when you visit the school it feels just right. If you are not sure about the school it most likely is not the one for you

Daniella

My school is known for the quality of education and getting a good job after graduation. Also, the campus is beautiful.

Have a great head on your shoulders and stay focused. If you struggle financially try to do the best you can and have plan of action. Dont work full-time and also be a full-time student. Enjoy your college years they go quickly.

I wish I knew how difficult it was to minimize my workload. I also wish that I knew that the staff and faculty of Elmhurst College wasn't very interested in helping me with my financial struggles. They don't give me many options with my current situation and this has been going on for the past two and a half years.

Elmhurst College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.