Elmhurst, IL
Elmhurst College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Elmhurst College

Kelly

Elmhurst College has a beautiful campus, friendly students, helpful staff, and most importantly class sizes that are small enough to get attention but large enough where you aren't the only one in class.

My classmates are friendly, organized, and want to work in groups.

Dear HighSchool Me, It's senior year and this is your last year going to school everyday with the friends you have grown to see as family. I know senior year is the year that you want to blow off because you want to runaway to college and never look back; but do us all a favor and don't wish this away. Also, please learn to balance. Balance school and 'fun'. Don’t go for one weekend of doing nothing for school and give yourself a week of torture. But also don’t stay in 24/7 studying because you will feel like a balloon that is about to burst. Create a balance. Create a schedule. Create happiness. These four years are going to be the most crucial to the process of growing up. Lastly, don't try to grow up too fast. Enjoy mom's cooking, dad's jokes, your dog's kisses, and your brother's loud music because if you go away to college; sitting in a 7' by 7' room with a stranger will make you start to miss home and you will start to wonder why you wanted to grow up so fast.

Katie

What I loved about Elmhurst is that the school was small as well as the calls rooms. I also loved that my professors see me evolve from my freshman year to my senior year usually all your major classes are taught by the same professors so you are able to conncect more with them.

Some advice I would give to myself is first would be to apply for a lot of scholarships. The more money you have the more of a chance you will let your parents relax and not have to worry about tuition payments. Also you are more likely to live on campus which makes a huge diffrence. That is one thing I wish I could have done because you are able to use all of what the campus offers. Another thing is practice on how to study, it might sound weird but people do not realise that the study techiniques they used in high school will not always work while you are in college. One last thing is get involved your college expirence is way better when you are involved at school. It will also look good on your resume when employers see how involved you were.

Someone should not attend this school if they want the expirence of a big campus. When I mean big campus I am talking about having to walk long distances from one class to another. Elmhurst College is not that conservative or force anything on you that want you to explore and learn about everything around you.

Jordana

My classmates were mostly liberal and focused on community

My classmates were mostly liberal and focused on community

Elmhurst was the first school to put LGBTQ status on the application. The school is extremely LGBTQ friendly

I would remind myself that college is not the time to get "off track". Stay focused, work hard, and pick a major and stick with it!

Clarissa

I would tell myself to ask for more opportunities to build more for my college applications and extraccurlars

Elmhurst College has a wonderful beautiful campus. The staff members really want to connect to their students. i love the small class sizes. i love the community thay is there.You are able to take a month to study abroad. You can also have intership and externships once you are done out of college.

I would have to say for me, since i help out my parents because they don't work. i would say it would be having the ability to pay for the tutition.

Andrew

If I could go back to my senior year and give myself advice about college I would tell myself that I should not worry about the transition. The fact that you play games will bring some friends and you will be happy with the ones you have. It will be alright in the year. You must get a job over the year and you have to find a way to keep payments going. It is important that you go to the events. Happy friends equals happy person. Remember that you can be happy if you try. There will be bad things that will occur. Do not worry about it.

The best thing about myschool is how close together it is. The size of the campus is perfect to make it to class fast and able to get back to my room and work on my homework.The campus has most of the buildings right down from each other so that the classes are nice and close.

The worst thing about my school is the courses and teachings of the school. The courses are not as helpful as they could be. The teachings are not helpful either. When in class the teachers don't help as much. When they do help they make the advice confusing to where it really does not help and makes things worse.

Ana

Elmhurst College is affiliated with the United Church of Christ and they are very accepting of everyone regardless of who they are or where they come from. In the short time I have been there, I have met many different types of people within the LGBTQ community, ethnic minorities, people belonging to different religious groups, etc.

When debating over whether to commute everyday or live on campus in the residence halls, choose to live on campus because it is a decision you won't regret. Living on campus is very convenient especially if you ever have a large gap in between your daily classes. Yes it is extra money being spent however, you will make life-long connections with friends and you will also learn more about living independently through the experience. You will receive the complete college experience. Another word of advice is to take the advanced placement classes you have been offered. Don't be afraid to take them because you think they are too challenging or you are too lazy and want to have a slack-off year. No doubt about it, the credits you will receive will benefit you. They will save you time and money due to the fact you will not have to take the courses in college. Another benefit of these classes is that they will help you receive insight about how college level courses are taught. You will be prepared and know what to expect when entering a whole new level of schooling.

It takes me about 5-7 minutes to walk to the farthest building on campus as opposed to larger campuses in which some students even take buses to their classes. I love that it's a small school because you have the opportunity to really connect with professors or other faculty because the student to professor ratio is small. This can also come in handy if you ever need a letter of recommendation.

Veronica

To whom I used to be, Being courageous is facing the unknown, with only the faith in your abilities and will to be all that your mother has wanted you to be. I plead with you, make the decision to perceiver in life, you owe it to those who have seen you this far and most of all you owe it to me. To blossom is to grow into the absolute greatness, I have learned too much with every chapter I decide to venture into fully and without prejudice. Stay humble and remember to never look back at what was lost, for those who have made you who you are WILL NEVER BE LOST, THEY REMAIN THE SUN IN YOUR SKY AND THE BREATH IN YOUR LUNGS. Leave the worries at the door, and take with you the certainty you will never know it all, but know for absolute certain you are worthy of success, you deserve the world and the world deserves your absolute best and nothing less. Remain humble; inclusion is the key to embracing the world at its best. Never stop learning; never stop believing. We are our mothers' daughter. Yours Truly Self

The academic culture the atmosphere displays the second you step on campus.

The courses offered in the afternoon or weekend hours.

Danielle

A University that provides smaller classes to encourage more student-teacher relationships as well as academic advisors that are determined to help you success in any way they can.

High School Senior Me, Life can only get better from here. Once you graduate you will finally get to follow your heart instead of just your head. Now is the time to stand up for yourself and prove that you can do more than you ever thought you could. You may be shy and a little socially awkward but you will learn to own it and love every part of what makes you unique. Always remember life is meant to build the weak and challenge the strong. Stand tall, stay driven and enjoy every moment of growing up! You will gain lasting friendships, a new self confidence and determination that will grow as you do. Just remember that your not in high school anymore, live a little bit, avoid the drama and speak your mind. No matter how long it may take the ending result will be well worth it. Sincerely, Future Me

The academic advisors! I just transferred from a community college and was concerned that I would fall behind other students in the education program due to my transfer credits. They directed me to the best advisor who helped me construct the next few semester courses as well as recommended other classes outside my major that would benefit my career and only improve my resume.

Bianca

The year is 2010, and I would tell my younger self to get a job. Getting a job would allow me to save up money since I will still be living with my mother. The money that my older self needs now, and saving money isn’t easy. I would also tell my younger self to attend James Sprunt Community College first instead of attending Mt. Olive College. This is because I wouldn’t have loans to pay back and it will be a whole lot cheaper to attend a community college versus a private college. I would tell my younger self to get more involved in extracurricular activities, and volunteer during High school because it will make your application look much better. I would tell my younger self to look into scholarships throughout the school year, the more money you have during college the better off you’ll be. I would also tell my younger self to pay more attention to my grades rather than being satisfied with just “passing the class.” Finally, I would tell my younger self to enjoy looking into different colleges, but think smart and to enjoy meeting new people that I could call friends'.

Elmhurst College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.