Elmhurst, IL
Elmhurst College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Elmhurst College

Andrew

If I could go back to my senior year and give myself advice about college I would tell myself that I should not worry about the transition. The fact that you play games will bring some friends and you will be happy with the ones you have. It will be alright in the year. You must get a job over the year and you have to find a way to keep payments going. It is important that you go to the events. Happy friends equals happy person. Remember that you can be happy if you try. There will be bad things that will occur. Do not worry about it.

The best thing about myschool is how close together it is. The size of the campus is perfect to make it to class fast and able to get back to my room and work on my homework.The campus has most of the buildings right down from each other so that the classes are nice and close.

The worst thing about my school is the courses and teachings of the school. The courses are not as helpful as they could be. The teachings are not helpful either. When in class the teachers don't help as much. When they do help they make the advice confusing to where it really does not help and makes things worse.

Ana

Elmhurst College is affiliated with the United Church of Christ and they are very accepting of everyone regardless of who they are or where they come from. In the short time I have been there, I have met many different types of people within the LGBTQ community, ethnic minorities, people belonging to different religious groups, etc.

When debating over whether to commute everyday or live on campus in the residence halls, choose to live on campus because it is a decision you won't regret. Living on campus is very convenient especially if you ever have a large gap in between your daily classes. Yes it is extra money being spent however, you will make life-long connections with friends and you will also learn more about living independently through the experience. You will receive the complete college experience. Another word of advice is to take the advanced placement classes you have been offered. Don't be afraid to take them because you think they are too challenging or you are too lazy and want to have a slack-off year. No doubt about it, the credits you will receive will benefit you. They will save you time and money due to the fact you will not have to take the courses in college. Another benefit of these classes is that they will help you receive insight about how college level courses are taught. You will be prepared and know what to expect when entering a whole new level of schooling.

It takes me about 5-7 minutes to walk to the farthest building on campus as opposed to larger campuses in which some students even take buses to their classes. I love that it's a small school because you have the opportunity to really connect with professors or other faculty because the student to professor ratio is small. This can also come in handy if you ever need a letter of recommendation.

Veronica

To whom I used to be, Being courageous is facing the unknown, with only the faith in your abilities and will to be all that your mother has wanted you to be. I plead with you, make the decision to perceiver in life, you owe it to those who have seen you this far and most of all you owe it to me. To blossom is to grow into the absolute greatness, I have learned too much with every chapter I decide to venture into fully and without prejudice. Stay humble and remember to never look back at what was lost, for those who have made you who you are WILL NEVER BE LOST, THEY REMAIN THE SUN IN YOUR SKY AND THE BREATH IN YOUR LUNGS. Leave the worries at the door, and take with you the certainty you will never know it all, but know for absolute certain you are worthy of success, you deserve the world and the world deserves your absolute best and nothing less. Remain humble; inclusion is the key to embracing the world at its best. Never stop learning; never stop believing. We are our mothers' daughter. Yours Truly Self

The academic culture the atmosphere displays the second you step on campus.

The courses offered in the afternoon or weekend hours.

Danielle

A University that provides smaller classes to encourage more student-teacher relationships as well as academic advisors that are determined to help you success in any way they can.

High School Senior Me, Life can only get better from here. Once you graduate you will finally get to follow your heart instead of just your head. Now is the time to stand up for yourself and prove that you can do more than you ever thought you could. You may be shy and a little socially awkward but you will learn to own it and love every part of what makes you unique. Always remember life is meant to build the weak and challenge the strong. Stand tall, stay driven and enjoy every moment of growing up! You will gain lasting friendships, a new self confidence and determination that will grow as you do. Just remember that your not in high school anymore, live a little bit, avoid the drama and speak your mind. No matter how long it may take the ending result will be well worth it. Sincerely, Future Me

The academic advisors! I just transferred from a community college and was concerned that I would fall behind other students in the education program due to my transfer credits. They directed me to the best advisor who helped me construct the next few semester courses as well as recommended other classes outside my major that would benefit my career and only improve my resume.

Bianca

The year is 2010, and I would tell my younger self to get a job. Getting a job would allow me to save up money since I will still be living with my mother. The money that my older self needs now, and saving money isn’t easy. I would also tell my younger self to attend James Sprunt Community College first instead of attending Mt. Olive College. This is because I wouldn’t have loans to pay back and it will be a whole lot cheaper to attend a community college versus a private college. I would tell my younger self to get more involved in extracurricular activities, and volunteer during High school because it will make your application look much better. I would tell my younger self to look into scholarships throughout the school year, the more money you have during college the better off you’ll be. I would also tell my younger self to pay more attention to my grades rather than being satisfied with just “passing the class.” Finally, I would tell my younger self to enjoy looking into different colleges, but think smart and to enjoy meeting new people that I could call friends'.

maresha

I would tell myself to pay attention in school and take my education seriouse. I am a good student now but it is more difficult for me in college now because when i was in high school i didn't care about education, i only cared about having fun and looking cool. I would tell myself this is the real world and you have to work hard for what you want in life. Education is very important, if you are not educated you do not have knowledge. Knowledge is needed in everyday life activites and most importantly a good future! I would tell myself to work hard and prove everyone wrong about yourself, that you can make it in life. That now in the future i feel left out when people talk about history or geography. Its not a good feeling whe everyone know's about a particular subject but i don't have any idea of what they are talking about. I would tell myself that i know what i want to be in life and i know what i have to do to get there and doing what i was doing then certainly did not help me now.

Caitlyn

Focus on your schoolwork and do not procrastinate. Procrastination in college will cause you much stress. Do you work when it is assigned and you will not have a problem with completion. If you have to write a 15 page research paper, do not wait until 2 nights before it is due to start working on it. If this paper was assigned 3 weeks earlier start working on it as soon as you can, then you can use the last few days to revise or edit your work.

The system by which the school determines who can register for classes is annoying and does not do as they say it does. The upperclassmen are supposed to register first and a few students I know that are above my class have registered after me before. Classes fill up quickly because each class is limited to 22 students.

Someone who enjoys small class size and close relationships with their professors. The professors will know you by name and if you like this then you should go here. Also, if you enjoy a school where there is not much pressure to be in a sport or attend sporting events you should go here. The biggest sport on campus is football and even in that sport not very many people attend the games. If you enjoyattending lectures given by well know professions in in their feilds.

Galina

Senior year my main goal was to "just get through high school". I was compleatly exhausted from all of my AP courses, my debate seaon and mainly my college hunt. If there is one thing I could tell myself as a high school senior it would be that when you find the right college you just know it. There is no need to spend countless sleepless nights wondering what college you are going to choose. If you are stuck between two colleges then you have not taken advantage of everything both colleges have to offer potential students. It is extremly important to visit potential colleges many times inorder to understand what exactly you are getting yourself into. It is also important to distance yourself from the situation and think critically when you are making these visits. For example, you may be in love with the school but does the atmosphere make you feel comfortable? After all college is about feeling free to expand your horizons. Does the staff treat you the way you wish to be treated? When you take everything into consideration and relax then deciding what college to choose is easy, you will just know!

Despite being a small school it offers MANY oppertunities and does offer a lot of financial aid. They have scholarships for pretty much anything you choose to participate in.

When they say they have pre-professional programs they actually mean they simply have counselors that can meet with you and discuss your future career. They can also arrange for some job shadowing, however it is not actually a program and there are no classes to take to prepare you for your future career. They are very helpful but I thought it would be more of a program.

We have small classes. This means that students and teachers have a bond and actually know each other. You can contact the teachers about anything academic related, and they love to hear about what you are doing outside of Elmhurst and how that has impacted your time there. They are always willing to sit and talk when someone just needs a little extra attention.

Focus on classes. When the teacher assigns the minimum homework, do a little extra. Classes are going to be much harder and you need to be willing to dedicate the time and brain power to keep yourself on good academic standards. Work as hard as you can to get A's, but remember your friends. You cannot have the college experience without friends. Make time to hang out with them, even if it is for fifteen minutes during a study break or to study with them. They will leave before you know if you cut them out of your life. But always remember, keep your eye on the end goal.

Elmhurst College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.