Elmhurst, IL
Elmhurst College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Elmhurst College

Bianca

The year is 2010, and I would tell my younger self to get a job. Getting a job would allow me to save up money since I will still be living with my mother. The money that my older self needs now, and saving money isn’t easy. I would also tell my younger self to attend James Sprunt Community College first instead of attending Mt. Olive College. This is because I wouldn’t have loans to pay back and it will be a whole lot cheaper to attend a community college versus a private college. I would tell my younger self to get more involved in extracurricular activities, and volunteer during High school because it will make your application look much better. I would tell my younger self to look into scholarships throughout the school year, the more money you have during college the better off you’ll be. I would also tell my younger self to pay more attention to my grades rather than being satisfied with just “passing the class.” Finally, I would tell my younger self to enjoy looking into different colleges, but think smart and to enjoy meeting new people that I could call friends'.

maresha

I would tell myself to pay attention in school and take my education seriouse. I am a good student now but it is more difficult for me in college now because when i was in high school i didn't care about education, i only cared about having fun and looking cool. I would tell myself this is the real world and you have to work hard for what you want in life. Education is very important, if you are not educated you do not have knowledge. Knowledge is needed in everyday life activites and most importantly a good future! I would tell myself to work hard and prove everyone wrong about yourself, that you can make it in life. That now in the future i feel left out when people talk about history or geography. Its not a good feeling whe everyone know's about a particular subject but i don't have any idea of what they are talking about. I would tell myself that i know what i want to be in life and i know what i have to do to get there and doing what i was doing then certainly did not help me now.

Caitlyn

Focus on your schoolwork and do not procrastinate. Procrastination in college will cause you much stress. Do you work when it is assigned and you will not have a problem with completion. If you have to write a 15 page research paper, do not wait until 2 nights before it is due to start working on it. If this paper was assigned 3 weeks earlier start working on it as soon as you can, then you can use the last few days to revise or edit your work.

The system by which the school determines who can register for classes is annoying and does not do as they say it does. The upperclassmen are supposed to register first and a few students I know that are above my class have registered after me before. Classes fill up quickly because each class is limited to 22 students.

Someone who enjoys small class size and close relationships with their professors. The professors will know you by name and if you like this then you should go here. Also, if you enjoy a school where there is not much pressure to be in a sport or attend sporting events you should go here. The biggest sport on campus is football and even in that sport not very many people attend the games. If you enjoyattending lectures given by well know professions in in their feilds.

Galina

Senior year my main goal was to "just get through high school". I was compleatly exhausted from all of my AP courses, my debate seaon and mainly my college hunt. If there is one thing I could tell myself as a high school senior it would be that when you find the right college you just know it. There is no need to spend countless sleepless nights wondering what college you are going to choose. If you are stuck between two colleges then you have not taken advantage of everything both colleges have to offer potential students. It is extremly important to visit potential colleges many times inorder to understand what exactly you are getting yourself into. It is also important to distance yourself from the situation and think critically when you are making these visits. For example, you may be in love with the school but does the atmosphere make you feel comfortable? After all college is about feeling free to expand your horizons. Does the staff treat you the way you wish to be treated? When you take everything into consideration and relax then deciding what college to choose is easy, you will just know!

Despite being a small school it offers MANY oppertunities and does offer a lot of financial aid. They have scholarships for pretty much anything you choose to participate in.

When they say they have pre-professional programs they actually mean they simply have counselors that can meet with you and discuss your future career. They can also arrange for some job shadowing, however it is not actually a program and there are no classes to take to prepare you for your future career. They are very helpful but I thought it would be more of a program.

We have small classes. This means that students and teachers have a bond and actually know each other. You can contact the teachers about anything academic related, and they love to hear about what you are doing outside of Elmhurst and how that has impacted your time there. They are always willing to sit and talk when someone just needs a little extra attention.

Focus on classes. When the teacher assigns the minimum homework, do a little extra. Classes are going to be much harder and you need to be willing to dedicate the time and brain power to keep yourself on good academic standards. Work as hard as you can to get A's, but remember your friends. You cannot have the college experience without friends. Make time to hang out with them, even if it is for fifteen minutes during a study break or to study with them. They will leave before you know if you cut them out of your life. But always remember, keep your eye on the end goal.

Gabriela

Time can be your best friend or worst enemy; learn to use it wisely! Although this has always been true, the consequences of misusing time are much harsher in college. Just remember: there will always be time for friends and videogames, but homework, studying, and scholarships have deadlines which cannot always be moved or made up. What's more important? Your progress in a videogame or your progress in the class that you are paying hundreds of dollars for? And yes, it will be difficult to pass up your friends' invitations, but finishing your homework first will be much more benefitting and satisfying in the long run!

In my four months at Elmhurst College, I would say that the tuition cost of going there is the worst thing about EC. Although I love my classes, the professors, my new friends, and even the cafeteria food, it's always a pain to look at the tuition bill. Sure, the college has given me scholarships to pay off a good chunk of the cost, but, considering my family's financial situation, it's still difficult to make payments on what's left of the bill.

My professors are definitely brag-worthy. I can honestly say that I never loathed going to class because I knew that my professors were always ready to teach me new and interesting things. Aside from that, they made learning difficult subjects relatively easy. I remember feeling a sense of regret in having chosen biology as my major because so many of my new friends would only say "Good luck, you'll need it." However, my science professors were always ready to help me when I didn't understand one of the concepts. My professors were absolutely fantastic!

Angil

I would tell my high self to enjoy the company I have! Take time to be with friends that I won't go to school with and make memories with. Once I left my home, I realized I have to make all new friends and all new memories and I didn't spend my last moments with each person I felt made a difference. If I could go back, I would spend more time with them than counting down the days until I move.

The fact that it isn't bigger, so that more great people can be in a great environment.

There isn't anyone who shouldn't attend Elmhurst. This is a school for any and everyone out there, that accomodates any personality, religion, perspective, creed, and gender. To say that there is a type of person that should not attend this school implies that we don't accept or tolerate such type, which is never the case. The doors are always open and the colors are forever changing.

Tonja

I would tell myself not to get caught up in everyday life. LIfe just keeps on going on and on. Without the right skills learned you have no tools under your belt to work with to get that career you've been searching for started. College is truely the best way to learn great skills. We all want to be done with schooling after high school. But it is important not to procrastinate. Even if attending part time at a college is still a start towards learning specific skills you need to achieve a career of you own choice. A good career can be achieved without college, but it is takes longer, more errors will be made, you will be stuggling to attain your goals, and probably won't have the career of your choice.

Emma

Don't simply assume, be positive! Please, take it from me, you can waste so much time and money because of simple carelessness! Along with that, have some confidence! You have worked so hard to get through high school with good grades, you deserve a good education! You do not have to be nervous to ask questions, especially if they pertain to your future. Trust me, I know plenty of people who didn't ask questions because they were afraid of being annoying or sounding stupid; unfortunately since these people lacked the confidence to ask questions they ended up being more stressed out and often times in a "deeper hole" because of it. And even if someone gives you attitude when you're trying to ask for help, don't be discouraged! Bare with them until you are able to have you're question resolved, especially if the quesiton is about college. After all, your family is paying a great deal of money so you can get educated! The last bit of advice I can give you is don't hold off when applying for scholarships! You know that procrastination just leads to high stress. And who needs more stress?

The best thing about Elmhurst College is probably the people. The staff has been extremely helpful in helping me transfer from a community college to Elmhurst College. They are extremely friendly too. I have not had an experience where someone acted snarky towards me. I am confident that throughout my two remaining years at Elmhurst College I will continue to experience delightful interactions with the various staff at Elmhurst college.

The environment at Elmhurst College is very chill. Its located in a prime spot too! In between classes there is plenty to do around the school. The class size is supposed to bre pretty small too which means if you need extra attention from a teacher its easier to get than having to deal with a additional 50-60 students per class.

Joseph

Look Joseph, I know you can be lazy and procrastinate, but that doesn't mean you have to. You have such a good oppourtunity for yourself and I don't want you wasting that oppourtunity. Focus on your work, get enough sleep, and I guarentee that you will do great in college.

The diversity of the religions that are on campus.

Someone who is not used to being around different religions.

Elmhurst College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.