Elmhurst, IL
Elmhurst College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Elmhurst College

Noell

My classmates are unique: To describe all in just one sentence would be an injustice to how unique they all are to their own situation.

In high school, I recall constant moments of absolute trepidation. Unfortunately, my personal responses to these moments were tears, mental abuse, and once self-injury. Why? Anxiety. “Well, do we experience anxiety in college?” “Yes.” “Is it worst?” “Yes.” “How do we cope?” “We learn.” Stress never changes, only the form it comes in. So, when stress unleashes all its anxiety, I must find a positive outlet. Go biking, hiking, try pilates, or yoga. Never underestimate what you can handle in any situation. Never assume that situations only have bad outcomes. Therefore, it is best to find the positives in every circumstance and realize that a moment of fear ir anxiety is just another fleeting moment. Take this moment as a way to grow. Use it as an experience to help someone else who might one day go through the same situation. In other words, make the stress empower that younger me. When you make a mistake, buy a bigger eraser! And most importantly, be a friend to myself! No amount of comfort in the world will ease the anxiety of stress if I do not know how to comfort me.

I wish I knew how to deal with stress better. To know that just because I make a mistake does not mean I am a failure. I wish I would have started to teach myself steps in order to handle stress. Stress is a constant. But the way I deal with it does not have to be. Moreover, I wish I knew that I was not going to be able to figure myself out in one day. A concept I am still trying to master.

If i could go back in time and prepare myself for college, I would tell myself that morning classes are some of the most difficult. I would tell myself that friends are an important part of life and college to grow as an indevidual, but to keep up in school and to keep up on my priorities. Balancing the two is key information and may take a few weeks to grasp this concept. If you get behind, tutors are an option. They are there to help you. They won't judge you just because you don't understand something, so don't be afraid to ask for help. The meal plan is there so you can save money, so eat at the school as often as possible! And last, I would tell my self to fill out for as many scholarships as possible because it's always nice to know that you don't have to worry about coming up with money later in life.

Katherine

Elmhurst College, though a small school, is noted by many for its programs in both Education and Speech-Language Pathology. The liberal arts curriculum instills in its students a well-rounded foundation - they are interested in all facets of learning, from science to music to creative writing.

In life, there is no rewind button – I have learned this lesson well. Reflecting on my college experience thus far, it is safe to say that, given the opportunity, I would turn back the clock. Decisions would have been made much differently. Adjustments would have taken place. In a world where I could go back and talk myself through the confusion and apprehension before choosing an institution, I know immediately what I would say: don’t be afraid. Don’t limit your choices because of your friends, your family, or a boy. Don’t be scared to go somewhere huge; get yourself out there, and gain independence. Don’t automatically choose the university that gives you the most financial aid, because even though scholarships and grants may seem enticing, they do not always equal an education that is right for you. Don’t be anxious about change, as it is, and always will be, inevitable. You can’t stop life and put it in reverse, so take careful consideration to all that I’ve told you. Embrace this change, and don’t look back.

The greatest feature of Elmhurst College is its faculty. Both highly educated and respected, the professors who work at the college are engaging in class and compassionate towards their students. They are always responsive when questions are asked, and strive to help students reach their full potential.

I began my freshman year in college at Illinois State University in the Fall of 2008. All I wanted was to get away from my family, and I wanted my own freedom...or at least I thought that's what I wanted. I had a terrible experience at Illinois State, with professors that didn't care if I was passing or failing. I didn't know who I was, and I didn't care to find out. If I could go back in time, I would tell myself to take better care of myself, and to really consider what was best for me. I would remind myself that my family is the foundation of my life, and that I need them to get by. I would tell myself that it's okay to make mistakes, but only if you learn from them. I would tell myself that Elmhurst College is truly where I belong, and that I will make HUGE steps toward my future. Although I learned from the choices I made, as a high school senior, I wish I would have known what I know now.

The professors at Elmhurst College are truly invested in their students. They care not only about your academic success, but they care about your development in LIFE. Teachers at Elmhurst College are almost always available for extra help outside of class, and they want nothing more than for their students to reach their full potential and succeed.

My friends that go to big schools never get the chance to develop personal relationships with their professors. I, on the other hand, have professors that remember my name, and they talk to me outside of class. The teacher-base at Elmhurst College is by far something that I've never experienced before.

Joshua

Elmhurst College is tucked away in the western suburbs of Chicago but is a powerhouse of education and professionalism. I would recommend it to any graduating senior or transfer student.

Don't hesitate in going after what interests you. The choices that you make now can and will transform who you are and what you will become for the rest of your life. Take advantageof everything college has to offer. Make friendships and connections that will not only enhance your social life, but make create networks that will greatly increase your chance for success in the future. Hold on to old relationships and when problems in your life occur, don't assume that they'll take care of themselves. You have the power to both make a difference and to challenge the norm. Save your money wisely, and don't rely on luck to pay your way.

The school is great for music, education and nursing. If you want to go to a school with small class sizes and a beautiful campus, you should come to Elmhurst College.

Anna

Smaller, professors easy to understand

Smaller, professors easy to understand

I will have gotten a degree, and a lot of debt. Its a very nice school, wish that they would be more practical though sometimes. And I wish they striveded to be more than just a local college, looking for more opurtunitites furthur away for student not just ones in our own backyard.

Location, other students

Melanie

As I have just completed the first semester of my freshman year at Elmhurst College, I found that I have obtained much valuable information and have experienced the responsibility and hard work of a successful college student. While still a high school student, I had always included education as a value and moral that I hold. However, as I attended my first semester of college, I have realized first hand the importance of a degree. As Elmhurst College is a Liberal Arts college, I have already taken classes outside of my political science major such as foreign language and am currently enrolled in an art and poetry class. I feel this well-rounded study has enhanced my college experience. I believe that these experiences that I have had, and will have, in my classes are worthwhile and valuable because my range of education will extend outside of just my major and reach into other areas of interest. My experience so far as a college student has been positive and has sparked my interest in other areas of education. The knowledge that I will continue to obtain at college is a value that I consider useful and necessary for my future.

At Elmhurst College, I enjoy everything this school has to offer. When I tell others about my school, I tend to tell them much about how helpful and nice the professors are. In the short amount of time I have attended Elmhurst College, my professors have helped me whenever I had a problem or question and they get to know each student individually. At Elmhurst College, I tend to tell people about how clean the campus is and how much I, as well as the friends I have made here, enjoy being at school.

Elton

I feel that I have studied a lot I lived at home and I did not experience much on campus because I was not a member of Fraternities and at this college in order to have friends or social experience you had to play sports or other campus organizations. However I have spend my time studing and it has been a great exerience for me becasue i was able to take this valuable time and put it to work out side campus such as in my social life or at work.

The best thing I consider about my school is small campus great location. Becasue I I had to leave with my family and I prefered to go to shcool locally.

The worst thing about this school is diversity considering that I am a foreign and it is kind of hard to fit in with the rest of the sdudents overll a very dissatisfied around this area.

Alison

Teaching, Nursing and Music programs.

Teaching, Nursing and Music programs.

College was an extremely lonely experience. My freshman year I saw a lot of people transfer; my best friend transferred four times. I, on the other hand, am the type of person who never allowed myself the option. So to fill my endless college hours I spent endless hours in the library (sometimes even Friday nights.) Wrote essay upon essay. Went to bed at 10 p.m. every night to get up for 6:30 practice. Ran four seasons of cross-country and track. I feel like I’ve just finished a marathon. Physically and emotion exhausted, I’m now standing on the finish line with all these images circling through my mind— the hush of the crowd right before the gun goes off in a cross-country race, late night talks between roommates, falling asleep mid-sentence, my first love, the silence of a first snowfall during finals, the utter and complete agony of heart ache. I am the same person as when I entered college. Sure I have changed from my experiences; I am a much stronger person today. But I learned I never had to redefine myself for others, rather I needed to define myself for me.

A person who does not like one-on-one attention in the classroom. It is a small school and very few students live on campus. Everyone knows everyone's business.

I have gotten a lot from my college experience, dealing with different ways of learning and studying. Since i've been in college for two years i've learned what helps me best to get the best grade for the classes. It's been greatly valuable to attend becuase it's really helped me realize what i really what to do for my career and helped me focus on certain classes that i need.

Elmhurst College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.