Elmhurst, IL
Elmhurst College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Elmhurst College

Anna

Smaller, professors easy to understand

Smaller, professors easy to understand

I will have gotten a degree, and a lot of debt. Its a very nice school, wish that they would be more practical though sometimes. And I wish they striveded to be more than just a local college, looking for more opurtunitites furthur away for student not just ones in our own backyard.

Location, other students

Melanie

As I have just completed the first semester of my freshman year at Elmhurst College, I found that I have obtained much valuable information and have experienced the responsibility and hard work of a successful college student. While still a high school student, I had always included education as a value and moral that I hold. However, as I attended my first semester of college, I have realized first hand the importance of a degree. As Elmhurst College is a Liberal Arts college, I have already taken classes outside of my political science major such as foreign language and am currently enrolled in an art and poetry class. I feel this well-rounded study has enhanced my college experience. I believe that these experiences that I have had, and will have, in my classes are worthwhile and valuable because my range of education will extend outside of just my major and reach into other areas of interest. My experience so far as a college student has been positive and has sparked my interest in other areas of education. The knowledge that I will continue to obtain at college is a value that I consider useful and necessary for my future.

At Elmhurst College, I enjoy everything this school has to offer. When I tell others about my school, I tend to tell them much about how helpful and nice the professors are. In the short amount of time I have attended Elmhurst College, my professors have helped me whenever I had a problem or question and they get to know each student individually. At Elmhurst College, I tend to tell people about how clean the campus is and how much I, as well as the friends I have made here, enjoy being at school.

Elton

I feel that I have studied a lot I lived at home and I did not experience much on campus because I was not a member of Fraternities and at this college in order to have friends or social experience you had to play sports or other campus organizations. However I have spend my time studing and it has been a great exerience for me becasue i was able to take this valuable time and put it to work out side campus such as in my social life or at work.

The best thing I consider about my school is small campus great location. Becasue I I had to leave with my family and I prefered to go to shcool locally.

The worst thing about this school is diversity considering that I am a foreign and it is kind of hard to fit in with the rest of the sdudents overll a very dissatisfied around this area.

Alison

Teaching, Nursing and Music programs.

Teaching, Nursing and Music programs.

College was an extremely lonely experience. My freshman year I saw a lot of people transfer; my best friend transferred four times. I, on the other hand, am the type of person who never allowed myself the option. So to fill my endless college hours I spent endless hours in the library (sometimes even Friday nights.) Wrote essay upon essay. Went to bed at 10 p.m. every night to get up for 6:30 practice. Ran four seasons of cross-country and track. I feel like I’ve just finished a marathon. Physically and emotion exhausted, I’m now standing on the finish line with all these images circling through my mind— the hush of the crowd right before the gun goes off in a cross-country race, late night talks between roommates, falling asleep mid-sentence, my first love, the silence of a first snowfall during finals, the utter and complete agony of heart ache. I am the same person as when I entered college. Sure I have changed from my experiences; I am a much stronger person today. But I learned I never had to redefine myself for others, rather I needed to define myself for me.

A person who does not like one-on-one attention in the classroom. It is a small school and very few students live on campus. Everyone knows everyone's business.

I have gotten a lot from my college experience, dealing with different ways of learning and studying. Since i've been in college for two years i've learned what helps me best to get the best grade for the classes. It's been greatly valuable to attend becuase it's really helped me realize what i really what to do for my career and helped me focus on certain classes that i need.

Kelsie

It may be small, but this school offers a wide range of activities, groups, and organizations to potentially become involved ...

It may be small, but this school offers a wide range of activities, groups, and organizations to potentially become involved in.

Since I have been at Elmhurst College, I have participated in many extra-curricular events that I have never thought about involving myself in prior to this college experience. Attending this college convinced me to join a sorority. I was fasinated by the passion and work ethic that the girls in my chapter presented. This then influenced me to take on a leadership position within the chapter. Being exposed to students like myself that show such academic drive and participation in various organizations has made me want to become involved in as much as I can, and also strive to succeed in all of my courses. The courses that I have taken, as well as the people I have surrounded myself with have made me figure out more about myself concerning my beliefs, future goals and who I want to become. This overall college experience thus far has been valuable to me by exposing me to characteristics within people that I strive to personally obtain.

I am in a sorority and I feel as though greek life on campus in general is not the same as larger schools. We only have three sororities and three fraternities. We often have functions and philanthropy events, but the turnout is not comparable to universities. Also, since Elmhurst College is a small private school, I find it hard to meet people if you do not belong to a sport, greek life, or other organizations.

Ilse

Elmhurst College may be small, but every year there are people whom you may never have seen before. I am naturally shy and introverted, however I have learned to become more outgoing. I have learned more about independence and the value of a good education. The friendly atmosphere helped improve my outlook on life and the future. The professors are helpful and have learned to appreciate that help.

If I would have known that i would be more academically challenged than the majority of students at Elmhurst College, I would have prepared more. Prepared as in studied or learned more than what was required in the classrooms. I might have possibly even have went to a different high school.

I see the Elmhurst Student as an outgoing, leader-type, energetic individual. Someone who can balance a rigorous academic life with an equally rigorous social life.

Michelle

Elmhurst College had a great Speech-Language Pathology program, which connected specifically to my major. We have a rather new clinic, and students get clients during their Junior year. We also have a Music program that worked very well for me, with a great percussion ensemble.

People always say that college changes a person, and in my experience, this is true. I have grown as a person in so many different ways. I have learned how to present myself to new friends and professors, and how to sieze new opportunities. I've found that it is extremely important to get out of my comfort zone. The most important thing I have gotten out of my experience is passion for my career choice. Before taking SLP classes, I was unsure about my choice of major. It has been completely invaluable to me to take SLP classes and figure out that I truly chose the correct path. I am so excited to take more classes and to pursue the improvement of speech for children.

I brag about how great the people are, how beautiful the campus is, and how strong our Speech Pathology program is.

My classmates are down-to-earth, intriguing people who each offer something different to this world.

"Listen Em, go out and socialize a little bit more. You kept yourself so sucked up my playing your instrument that you are having a hard time really going out and meeting people. You can't go your entire life in a practice room. You need to balance your life. Academics and music is important but you aren't going to be happy if you are going through life alone. There is something to be said for having people to fall back on when those other aspects of your life start to get tough. You really can't do it all by yourself. Learn to rely on people and have a good time occasionally."

I wish that I had known the importance of AP credit in high school. I have tested out of a few of my gen-eds due to AP credit. If I had known that if I had taken a few more courses in high school, like psychology or calculus, I would have potentially have enough credit to put myself an entire academic school year ahead. College is so expensive and it would have been worth saving myself a year's worth of tuition.

My school is a small, private, liberal arts instituition made up of a tight-knit community of students who excel in the classroom, outside of the classroom (on athletic teams), and on stage (musically and theatrically).

First, do not worry about the cost of school. Many students have loans and worrying about your loans does not make your loans disappear. College is an investment and should be thought of as so. That said, make the most of it educationally and socially. In getting a job, allow your pay and hours to suffice; think of it more as helping your employer out and allow it to make you a better person. Also, work your tail off in your studies. Go to professors for help and allow your grades to mean something, being truly a reflection of your effort. In transitioning your first year, do not take more than fourteen credit hours. Choose courses that satisfy both your planned educational endeavors and those in which you take interest, while also satisfying a requirement. Listen to people you meet for the first time in the most authentic way possible. Have at least one social and/or personal outlet that serves to bring you back to homeostasis both mentally and physically. Allow every closed door to direct you to another door and be inviting to this new idea. Go to sleep every night knowing you just gave your absolute best.

The best thing about my school is the friendly and intellectually-stimulating atmosphere. This is due to a combination of outstanding teachers and motivated students who are sincerely wonderful people.

Elmhurst College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.