Elon University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Elon University

Chelsea

Amazing

I love Elon. While the academics may not be as rigorous as some other highly ranked schools, the classes focus more on hands-on learning and teach skills actually applicable for working in the real world. There are many learning experiences both in and out of the classroom. There are many things to get involved in. Most people get involved with greek life, but it is not overwhelming or stigmatizing. The campus is warm and welcoming, and there is always something going on. And, the study abroad opportunities are incredible. The only complaint would be the Elon bubble, because people rarely leave campus for other experiences besides the parties on the weekend. Overall it is a great university and you get what you pay for.

Elliott

Elon University is an excellent learning institution where personal relationships between professors and students are forged. Everyone is working towards a common goal of educational success and individual excellence. The community is really something special.

Alexander

If there is a more beautiful Campus someone please direct me to it. Elon is mind boggling. I wish to address this "diversity" nonsense that pops up over and over. Should Elon be responsible for no Eskimos attending the University ? What if no Eskimos apply ? I think you get my point. If only a tiny minority of Blacks, Asians and Latinos apply to Elon, what in the hell are Elon reps supposed to do ? If you're so preoccupied with race and color you got bigger troubles than what school to attend. Go somewhere else with that baggage. Elon is fabulous.

Victoria

I believe Elon University is a wonderful school with access to a lot of interesting opportunities. That being said there is always room for improvement, and decimated students have and will continue to make changes in a positive direction. Elon is a great school for those looking for a well-rounded education.

Jordan

I personally love Elon. Even though no school is perfect Elon does try to cater to the needs of it's students, academically, professionally, and personally. I'm not a fan of the party scene, but after giving it some time I have found some friends that are willing to do other things besides party and we have a great time. Overall I think Elon is a great place that encourages its students to grow.

Mikayla

So far I'm loving Elon University! My teachers are great and my classwork is manageable. I have a good amount of free times after classes to do whatever I want, whether that be homework or parties. I've met some pretty amazing people and have found out about so many amazing opportunities this past week alone and I'm excited for the rest of the year!

Gabriela

The first thing I fell in love with about this school as a prospective student, was the campus. Certain parts of the campus still have the old and beautiful architecture from when the school was first built, but other parts of the campus are completely renovated giving the school a cool sleek look. Although the buildings look old on the outside, the inside classrooms are updated making it a nice clean area to learn in. I enjoy how Elon does have the best of both worlds. We have really good sport teams, but we also have an extremely excellent fine arts program so students can enjoy both. I wouldn't say Elon is a sport school because although we have teams and games here, there isn't a pressure that students have to go to games to have fun or to "fit in". On e of the things I love about Elon is that there are so many different clubs and people here that everyone will have something to do and a group of friends. Not in a clique way, but it is easy to find something you love and join in . Elon's academics are phenomenal. Most students here are double majors or double minors, and it makes sense because the classes offered at Elon make you fall in love with the subject and make you wish to study it further. The teachers are always available for help or even when you need someone to talk to. Office hours are great, but sometimes teachers are free outside of office hours or work with students to find a time that works for everyone best. The teachers really do want to see their students succeed here. A HUGE plus is that the teachers will know you. They will get to know you in the classroom and outside of it, which makes for a better learning environment. Elon university was definitely the best decision I made regarding schools and consider Elon home. I am proud to be a Phoenix!!!

Elon University is one of the most beautiful campuses that most people have stepped foot on. It's grass stays a bright green, even in winter. Its cobblestone paths reflect back on the brick buildings that tower above them. The tall trees remind people of how old the campus really is; there's history all around. But, behind the perfection of its exterior and the beauty that it radiates, there is another campus. This campus is the one that favors the donors' children, paints the grass green every winter, neglects the sciences, and charges $7,000 for freshman meal plans that include non-dining halls. It's an overpriced façade, but at least it's pretty.

I love it.

Manuela

Elon University was a dream. The person I have become is partly due to my amazing four years at a magnificent university. The way I think and look at the world around me is mainly because of the education I received at Elon. Additionally, the relationships that I have with other alums are impactful. I can testify that even though I have I graduated, I am still being positively challenged by my peers.

Victoria

Elon University is an establishment striving for greatness. They are increasing both the number and quality of facilities every year and working towards and ivy-league type atmosphere focused on interpersonal relationships. As a communications student, I can attest to the wonderful opportunities I'm given and the state-of-the-art facilities I'm able to work in. One of my favorite things about Elon is the accessibility of professors. They truly want to be mentors and aid their students.

Alexandria

Elon University is a place where the phrase "work hard, play hard" is the students' motto. The majority of the students are very focused on their academics and how well they do, granted they are all very smart in order to have been accepted in the first place. As hard as people work on their assignments, they party even harder mainly on weekends. Elon is a fun place if you do not like to party, too! There are always plenty of events going on around campus if a party is not your scene! The professors are all very kind and supportive. They are very willing to work with you in order for you to do well in their class. The food is not the best, but there are a lot of optional eateries on campus other than the dining halls, like Chick-Fil-A, Boar's Head Deli, and Freshii.

Elise

I am a varsity student athlete at Elon University. Even with my crazy schedule, my professors are always willing to meet for coffee or even lunch outside of class to discuss topics I missed due to traveling. The professors are so accessible and friendly at Elon. It is such a safe campus and utterly beautiful in every season! Study abroad is one of Elon's main selling points for most students. The athletic teams at the university travel abroad also as a team. My first year we traveled and played in Japan and a professor went with us. The experience was just not about sports. We also got two credits for going and had work to complete while we were there. I am so thankful I chose to attend Elon. I will always be indebted to the university for the one of a kind education!

E

Elon is a beautiful campus, with ambitious students who are also looking to have a good time. Across the campus, you'll find the majority of students want to have active social lives but also take their classes and assignments very seriously. I left Elon feeling like I had truly been educated and prepared for the real world, but also have so many amazing memories and friendships that all happened outside the classroom.

Thyrah

As a campus visitor of Elon University, I would say that it really grabbed my attention. I love the fact that classes are small and if you are not able to understand something, you are always welcomed to meet the professor or a tutor for that specific area you are struggling in. Everyone seems friendly and welcoming and there are plenty of opportunities and clubs you can join to interact with people. I am from Boston, MA and I moved to North Carolina 6 years ago and its very refreshing to see that many of the kids come from the same location as me.

Jack

They only thing that will blow wetter harder and more often this weekend than hurricane florence are the ZTA girls...what complete tradegy and waste of time this diploma mill is. Epic loss and failure...bridge to nowhere..60% acceptance rate.it is simple a check clearing business. Flat out sucksi

Maddie

Elon University is a great University with extraordinary students, facilities and professors. Honestly, you really cannot beat the class size. All classes are capped at 33 students which calls for an amazing 14:1 student/professor ratio. Being a current student, the class size is something that really helps a student build a great bond with their professors on a more personal level. Academics can be as easy or as difficult as you want them to be based off the classes and professors you want to take. The facilities are beautiful and overall new, which causes students to treat them nicely and carefully. The University provides a large amount of study space and an equipped gym for students to stay in shape. The library is three stories tall and as you go up, the levels get quieter. The dining halls do not have the highest quality food, but they always have balanced meals, including, vegetarian and gluten free options. The extracurricular scene had a wide variety of options. There are a plethora of club and intramural sports that can be as competitive or as laid back as you want them to be. Overall, I suggest visiting Elon University's campus because it is absolutely beautiful, open, and very well kept.

I love being a student at Elon. Although money is a huge driving factor for the University, sometimes interfering with campus life, I am getting a great education, have met great people, and forged many great relationships. Sometimes I find that money could be allocated in a better way, as some academic buildings need improvement. The reputation of Elon is constantly growing and improving and I can't wait to find the connections I can make through Elon in the future.

Olivia

Elon University is great for students who desire a small campus community with many different opportunities for academic and personal growth. While Greek life is extremely popular on campus, there are many other ways to meet a close-knit group of people who share similar interests as you. Professors are very active in their fields of study and encourage students to do the same. They are always available outside of class to discuss course material and to get to know their students. There are learning opportunities beyond the classroom through study abroad and study USA, internships, and volunteer work. At Elon, students do not see learning as something to be done: it is who they are.

Cassidy

I visited several other colleges but I decided to attend Elon University. Dance is life! and my passion is dance. As a result, I have committed most of my sixteen years to this beautiful art form, not only because I love DANCE but also because I want to pursue a future in dance. I have diligently worked towards my goal for the past 12 years and will continue to hone my skills and to make sure that I am the most well-rounded dancer I know. Dancing is magical and being able to share dance with the world makes me feel like I’m fulfilling my purpose. Being a member of Phusion’s Pre-Professional Company for the last 5 years and serving as Captain for the 2016-2017 season has not only taught me discipline, commitment, and time management but it has also provided me with opportunities to mentor younger artists and to gain leadership skills that will help me to always put my best foot forward in everything I do, especially in my academics.

Blair

I absolutely love Elon, and I definitely feel like I made the right decision in choosing this school. If you're passionate about your education and want to succeed on your own after you get your college degree, Elon University is the school for you. It perfectly blends academic and social life, and the campus is beyond beautiful!

Elon provides endless opportunities to excel and grow personally, professionally, and socially. Growth comes from academic success and passionate learning, extracurricular learning through clubs and campus groups, spiritual discovery, and building relationships with peers who then become lifelong friends. We are given the space to discover who we are and who we want to be in all aspects of our life. There are also numerous resources at our disposal that help us move forward in our professional development through networking, internships, and job opportunities before we even graduate college. The community you find when you come to Elon whether you are a brand new first year, a visitor, or a second-semester senior, you are surrounded by a community of passionate, supportive people all working to better themselves just as you are.

Haley

Elon University is an outstanding university. I had a couple other options, none of white were Elon, but when I went on a tour I fell in love. There is truly something for everybody here, and everyone has passion. While we all might find passion in different places, it is refreshing to be surrounded by people who really care.

Elon University so far has been okay. Lots of rich, white, Northerners who are completely blind to their own privledge. The classes and professors are the best part of this school. The small class sizes are great, and the professors really engaging and want to help.

Andrew

I think that Elon University is a great place for people to find themselves and discover what they want to do in life. It offers up great opportunities in an endless amount of fields, and the advisors and professors there work alongside students to ensure maximum success for everyone in their classes. The community at Elon feels like a family that has values based in the fact that everyone is family. From faculty to students to physical plant staff, everyone at Elon is connected and readily accessible. Everyone cares about each other and I could not chose a better place to attend college.

Terrell

I have visited Elon University several times and I admire the atmosphere. Everyone is welcoming and friendly. The arts program is outstanding. I have seem a couple of plays and shows. I believe Elon University is one of the most beautiful campuses in NC.

Maddie

As a freshman, I know that I have picked the right school for me, I love it here! The faculty members are nice and are always welcome to help. The food is great and I love all the opportunities that I have already found, just one semester into school.

Isaac

Overall, Elon is an excellent school, class sizes are small, taught by helpful and available professors. The main drawback of Elon that I experience is that there is a supreme lack of things happening in the surrounding towns. However, there are normally activities on campus that make up for it.

Takeo

Elon University is a tremendous school, academically among the top in my opinion. Campus life is great however, there are some bad people that can mess it up. Professors are always willing to help and make sure that you not only succeed at that moment but in life. Elon is a great school and is at the top of schools to go to in the United States.

Martin

The campus is beautiful. There are a lot of students who are serious about school. Students party hard during the weekends and study during the weekdays. It is also very preppy and is predominately white (85-90%). A lot of the students come from wealthy families and can be very pretentious. Additionally, if you are a minority, you will probably experience some or a lot of racism, whether it is students driving by yelling racial slurs or suitemates' microaggression.

Hanna

Overall, Elon is a great academic and social institution. Students are constantly engaged and busy with activities both on and off campus. The Business and Communication schools are excellent and the most popular schools on campus, but the Psychology department (my major) is excellent as well and always ensure that I am doing my best and on the path to success. Teachers are usually very accessible, and genuinely want students to succeed. The largest class size I have had has been 32, and my teacher still made the effort to get to know all of us. The one downside I would say is that Greek Life is huge on campus, and if you are not affiliated, it can be hard. I was unaffiliated my freshman year, and while there were other activities to do and groups to join, Greek life is very exclusive and I often felt that I was missing out. Now that I am affiliated, I feel more included on campus and feel more social.

Autumn

The academic opportunities at this school will blow your mind away. Class sizes are small, the professors are very down-to-earth, and you will get a lot of individualized attention. However, from a social standpoint, there is very little to do that does not involve Greek Life and the highly dramatic party culture that comes along with it.

Elon University is definitely a party school that attracts mostly upper class white citizens. However, the facilities are beautiful, the campus is considered a botanical garden, which means it is well kept and safe for all students. The class sizes are small for a college, usually around 15 or 20 and never exceeding 45 students. I can also say that as a first generation lower class student, I have an ample amount of resources through the Odyssey Scholars Program. With this group, of around 120 in the 6,000 student University, we are given both faculty and student mentors. The program also provides us with numerous on campus connections, a study space, lectures of study abroad programs or personal finances, and an overall feeling of family. It can often feel overwhelming at a place like Elon, where you feel as though you don’t belong. However, the Odyssey Program has proven to be an incredible resume booster as well as a much needed safety net. While I feel as the overall diversity of Elon could use some work, it is evident that the Odyssey Program helps with this issue. My teachers are consistently available through office hours and many have had one on one conversations with me over difficult material as well as my personal life and future plans. I have even had the pleasure of talking with University President Dr. Leo Lambert over coffee. All members of Elon’s community have proven to be accessible and passionate towards the betterment of the University. Overall, I am happy at Elon and hope that it will continue to work towards creating a greater diversity in the student population.

Sophia

Elon is a great university. The entire goal of our education we receive is to promote global awareness and make us better global citizens and that is instilled right from the beginning at Elon with our core curriculum. Furthermore, there are so many opportunities for students to pad their resume with the help of university from the many internship and job offices as well as extracurricular fairs that are biannual.

Madeleine

Elon University is a great place to be. There is an air here that's always positive and it's so easy to find a home here on campus. The academic opportunities and resources that are available an unmatched, and I have grown so much throughout my time here. There's a certain culture here that is definitely on par with typical college life, but there are a number of unique experiences and people on campus to allow you to spread your wings. Varsity sports are on the rise, student government association is working hard to offer fun activities for students, Greek life is present and offers a great community for those who want it and is still respectful of those who don't, there are too many clubs and club sports to count the opportunities are endless, and Elon is unmatched in its dedication to offering students experiential learning opportunities such as internships, research, and traveling abroad. I knew I made the right decision when I chose to come here the second I stepped on campus, and I have not doubted it once in my 3 years on campus so far. i have become a tour guide on campus because I feel so strongly that Elon is the place to be!

Sage

I LOVE ELON! The campus is beautiful, and the people are great. Elon really tries to give you the perfect college experience. There is always something to do, whether it is participating in extra-curricular activities, going to late night events, or attending parties. I would 100% recommend Elon to anyone looking for an artsy liberal arts college environment.

Sage

Gregory

Overall Elon University does do a good job with it's classes as well as how it structures them, Along with having a special set of classes to help you during your first year, Elon makes sure that academics is one of the first things in mind. Being an active citizen is also highly encouraged and there are plenty of ways to give back to the community. It is mainly filled with students who are out of state, however the atmosphere is still just as friendly as the rest of NC.

Unique

I think Elon University is a great school. Everybody is very welcoming and accepting, at least in my experience. The staff and faculty are always nice and helpful whenever can be. The professors are very passionate in helping us learn. I enjoy how the campus is overall supportive in the student and faculty's physical and mental health. A lot of organizations and clubs are based upon getting up and out to stay energetic and overall refreshed and relaxed. I truly enjoy this university and I am glad I chose it, and they chose me, to be a part of the campus.

Overall Elon University is a good school that gives a quality education. The professors are great, and the class sizes are small so teachers can give a more hands on approach to learning. Sports and Greek life is big but not to big that you’ll feel left out if you don’t participate. Although there is a low level of diversity on campus. There are groups such as CREDE that help students feel included. Overall a great school and beautiful campus.

Caitlin

Elon University has quickly become my home. With new amazing friends, and people here for everyone to find their group. The size, in my opinion is perfect. Class sizes are small therefore you can interact and learn more, but you still don't know everyone on campus. This campus is absolutely beautiful with matching brick buildings.

Victoria

I love being at Elon due to the groups that I have associated with being incredibly friendly and active. Whether I want to go out and have fun or if I want to stay in and watch my floormates play Warframe, I know that I am going to be welcome. I almost never feel the need to go off-campus for anything due to the campus having so many things to do!