Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University-Daytona Beach Top Questions

How often should I phone home? Is once a day too much?

I know students who called home every single day. Even if they were out with friends they would still step out to call home. Interestingly enough, most of these people were international students whose parents "required" them to call home daily. YES, THIS IS EXCESSIVE. Unless your parents are your absolute best friends and you can't imagine going a day without hearing their voices, then fine. However, you will soon notice that you simply won't have the time to be calling ANYONE every day. You will get busy and phone calls will be the last thing on your mind. Make sure your parents understand that you are busy with schoolwork. Also, one of the reasons most people go to school is to help teach themselves how to stand on their own 2 feet. You simply won't need your parents help as much anymore, and you should get used to not having it everyday either. To be honest, I probably called home only about once every month to a month-and-a-half. Sometimes once every 2 months. Most people considered me to be on the other end of the spectrum, though. I believe most students called home probably once every 3-5 weeks.