Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University-Daytona Beach Top Questions

Mackenzie

If I can go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior knowing what I now know about college life, I would tell myself to just be myself. If you choose the correct college and you are truly studying what you love to do, then your peers will have all the same things in common with you. You will meet friends for life and you schouldn't worry about making freinds or fitting in.

Brent

Dear Me, Your first semester is gonna be rough. Since you decide to go to college 1000 miles away from anyone you know, you're gonna feel like you don't have any friends. You're gonna want to go home, you're gonna wanna quit. You're gonna feel depressed and bored on Saturday and Friday nights when youre not doing anything. Going fromm being a popular guy, with alot of friends to just another member of the crowd is gonna be hard on you.

Caitlyn

College is an amazing experience because it can be challenging, fun, crazy and demanding all at the same time. You may think that you have no time now as a high school student, but when you get to college you realize how much time you really had. Enjoy every minute of your time throughout school because you only have those experiences once. You may have a best friend in high school now, but that changes. You'll meet amazing new individuals who actually have goals similar to yours in the future and that gives you an instant connection. The most important thing to remember is to be yourself! No one cares what you wear or who your friends are in college. There will always be a place for you to fit in and those people will love you for who you really are. Stay committed and dedicated to yourself and aspire to be the best that you can be. Try everything you can (safe things, of course) because you shouldn't let anything hold you back from a new experience. College in the end is what you make of it, so study hard and most of all... enjoy it!

Andrew

I felt that I did very well preparing myself for the college life style. I enjoy being in college more than I did being in High School. I've always done a good job challenging myself in order to succeed in college. Although, if I could go back in time, I would tell myself to expect the unexpected. When a student in High School thinks of college they imagine being on there own and not having their parents around telling them what to do, which to a teenager, sounds like a good idea. High School students are "babied" throughout their whole education. In my current position, I'm being trained to fly airplanes. This training can be very exhausting and stressful. On top of your average and basic college classes, I take extra classes and hours out of my day to fly. I enjoy flying tremendously and I realize that not everyone gets this opportunity, but I also realize that this is what I've worked for. If I could go back in time and tell my High School self anything, it would be that in order to get what you want, you have to work harder than anyone else.

Max

If i could go back to seinor year, I would have took a calculus class in high school. I would have still took calculus 1, because I would have understood calculus more. I could have spent more time studing for my harder classes, such as coding. I took AP Physics, and physics 1 was my easiest class. I fcollege classes are taken in high school, it helps a bunch during college.

Heenal

When I went to college I already had more or less of an idea about how college life was going to be like because I went to the North Carolina School of Science and Math which is a residential high school where you live there for your junior and senior year. Even though I lived two years away from home, at this high school there were plenty of restrictions that we had that did not prepare me to the freedom of college life. When I moved to Embry Riddle in Florida, I had so much freedom and there was so much that I could do and wanted to do but not enough time for everything. All through my first semester, I had to learn time management so I could keep my grades up and do things that I was interested in. I struggled through my first semester because I had poor time management skills. If I could go back and talk to my high school self I would tell her to learn to get in the habit of making a schedule that prioritized what is important and what could wait. I would have saved myself from so many sleepless nights.

Aaron

If I could talk to my high school self, the first thing I would tell him is what to expect in his first semester chemistry lab, because that class was hard! I'd also tell him not to take that class at 8:15am, or any class at that time, as he is not, and never will be, a morning person. I would tell him to stay strong through the mediocre school food, and to start seriously looking for a car earlier than I did. I would also tell him to start the scholarship search earlier. I would also tell him that the people who said "no one will clean your bathroom for you in college" were wrong! Also he should be reassured that at Embry-Riddle, social awkwardness won't matter, as everyone is too busy studying for outgoing social gatherings to matter, plus the friends he's going to make from day one will help bring him out of that shell a lot. Also, he should take some of mom's mashed potatoes with him. He's going to miss those.

shannon

I would tell myself to focu more on your studdies. You are doing marvelous in college but not good enough to reach your highest potential. Keep up with all of your school work and make sure to work hard in everything you do. Give your all in everything as always but work harder to obtain your goals. Learn from your sister and don't be what everyone thinks you'll turn out to be, if bad.

Zachary

If I could go back and talk to myself I would most likely yell at myself to do more scholarships. It is imperative to to as many scholarships as you can in high school as you can as so many scholarships out there are geared toward high school students. No matter how insignificant a scholarship seems or how little of a chance of winning you have it is worth an hour of your time to go from never winning to possibly have a significant portion of your college semester paid for. My other piece of advice is always make time to study. No matter how much you work and relax and whatever else you do there is always time to study because that is the whole reason you are there, to learn and get an education to succeed. Work around your study schedule because that is the most important part of college ever and the key to your future.

Robert

take more advanced technical classes and don't goof off as much.

Miranda

Don't freak out. Things happen for a reason and will work themselves out if your just doing what you're suppose to do. Go to a social event at least once a month. It's hard being in a new place and not knowing anyone, but making the effort to just show up will go a long way. Go see professors durring their office hours at least once a week, even if you have to make up a question or pull something from later chapters. This will not only help you learn but help you get to know the professors and more importantly for them to get to know you. When you get to your last couple years you'll need refferences from faculty members for internships or jobs, and they can't help you if they don't know you, so make the effort to at least say hello. Remember to breathe. Things get stressfull and hectic, but that's no reason not to pick up a book once in a while just because you want to, just remember not to binge read, especially if you have class the next morning.

Katja

If I could go back and give myself advice about college, it would be do not give up. Classes are not like high school classes. They're difficult. You're not going to be the smartest in all your classes. I would also tell myself to get help from professors. Most of them love seeing students interested in their class. They want you to come to office hours and ask questions. I wish I would have taken advantage of that while I could.

Charles

In all honesty, I would go back to my former self and make sure I know about scholarships. I would hound and stress the necessity of scholarships. Undoubtedly, I am more than stressed now with college and I wish I could change this. I would advise my past self to start trying to get as much money and scholarships as possible in order to not only fund books and tuition but housing and food as well. I would never change out of this university as I wish to pursue my degree here, so I’d make sure my past self understands the amount of stress I’ve been under and make sure he knows the importance of tuition scholarships. I would also stress the importance of a job. It’s good to have a job to continually get ahead on payments, I didn’t think it was manageable but I found out later, that it very much is. It helps for out-of-pocket expenses and occasional luxury to help relax and recover from the day-to-day stress of a college environment. In essence, I would continue to remind my past self the importance of finding and saving money.

Mark

Take the harder classes like physics and calculus because they were never going to end like advisors had told you. In addition to, be more open to people. Even though you are the high school jock, most athletic, and involved with many clubs, I feel like you could have known your peers on a more personal level and maintained better ties. Lastly, dont tie yourself down so long to a girl that is going to tell you not to communicate and interact with other people because she didn't like them and had a weak image of herself and constantly worried she would lose you. People have a lot to offer if you give them a chance and one day you will benefit from showing somebody kindness even if it was only skin deep.

Oluwaseun

Time is an important asset that should not be wasted. Apply to scholarships, learn a language, go out into the city more and keep a photo diary. Do not waste your life away with a boring commute between home and school preventing yourself from achieving the bigger things in life.

Devin

If could talk to myself as a senior I would try and motivate myself to work harder and try enjoy my time as a high school senior a little more. As a senior, I found that most of my thoughts revolved around getting out of high school and getting to college. However, as I left home and entered college I realized how much I didn’t do in high school. Even though I held A’s in most of my classes I still found myself unprepared for college level material. I realized academically I did not push myself hard enough to really understand the concepts, instead a just flowed through the material. Furthermore, I realized when you focus on the future, you can’t enjoy what’s going on now. The largest advice I wish I could give myself is have fun now with friends and family as they aren’t always going to be there. I went from living in New York to college in Florida. As nice as Florida is I still wish I spent more time with friends and family. These words of advice now act as a reminder to myself of what to focus on now.

Ella

If I could magically go back in time to when I was a senior in high school, I would tell myself to NEVER give up on my dream. Being in college is hard enough as it is trying to transition to a new life, living away from your family, trying to make something of yourself. Add on top of that a need for a private student loan with no one able to cosign? It can be devastating. Watching your dreams come to a standing halt all because you cannot afford to continue? Its heart wrenching. They tell you to apply for more scholarships and grants, to not give up. But after filling out your 178th application with no response back, when do you say enough is enough? When do you throw in the towel? Never. I’d tell myself to never give up. I’d tell that girl standing awkwardly at the entrance of her soon to be university to stay strong, that her dreams could be achieved, it may take a while but eventually, she’d find a way to make it happen. Even if 3 years later she’d still be trying to accomplish her dream. Thank you.

Jonathan

Chance is something that everyone goes through. Making the right choices is the easy part, the hard part is to maintain in those right choices. Having this experience of having to leave the university that I was attending to was the most regretful choice that I could have done. The transition from high school to college is a very complicated one, taken from which there are many emotions to be fulfilled and dealt with. If I could talk to my younger high school self, from the many things that I would tell myself not to do, it is to maintain the opportunity given at hand. Not realizing that it would push my goal four years back, it is the sole advice that I wished that I knew back when I was joining college for the very first time. Maintaining with school and social life is not easy to do, but I would tell myself that never let your dreams die, no matter how hard it gets, no matter how complicated it might seen, and no matter how unreachable it might look always maintain them alive for that is the future; maintain God’s will no matter the circumstances.

Coleman

Perserverance! The more you have, the stronger you will be. All of your friends will change so dont hang with the 'not so clean cut' ones. Always do the best you can; no bogus crap. Be sure to ask questions. It's better to look like an idiot and have an A in the class than it is to look cool and have a C. Stay focused. there isnt anything more detremental than lack of focus; it will kill you in you future! Learn to balance. The more work you put in, the more fun you should have later. There has to be a balance. You wont retain any information if you are tired and arent interested anymore. Dont stress, enjoy yourself!

Taylor

I have learned a lot and grown up a lot since I graduated from high school. College is definitely the time for you to figure out who you are and what you want to be. If I had to give any advice I would tell someone going into college to stick to what they believe in and don't just do things to follow other people. Be an advocate for what you think is right. I always ask myself, "Is it something my mother would approve of?" If the answer is NO or you have to think about it for a while, then it is probably something you shouldn't be doing. Don't be afraid to be different. People will respect you and if they dont, you don't have the right group of friends. On another note, I would strongly suggest you get involved on campus. It is a great way to meet people. I was fortunate enough to play a college sport so it was easy, but if you don't play a sport then go to the athletic events or get involved with something you enjoy. Most likely you will meet similar people that way.

Harish

If I could go back in time, there are many things I would tell myself. The one thing I regret the most is not trying hard enough in high school. To put it in simple terms--the better you do in high school, the less you will have to pay in college. That applies to every aspect of high school, from academics to sports. I would also tell myself to learn what it is that motives me, because self motivation is crucial. Something that is very important in college also, is people skills. Network, make as many friends as possible, or just be social. You never know who it is that you will need one day. Scholarships, scholarships, and scholarships. There are so many scholarships out there that are not being used because students do not apply for them. Apply for as many scholarships as possible, because you will get one eventually. Although scholarhips are a fraction of the cost, they add up and reduce the amount of loans you will have to take. Last, but not least, do not be afraid to dream big.

Austin

Future Austin: Hey past me, I came from the future to tell you that you’ve been out college for a year and still don’t have a job. Past Austin: Say what?! I thought it’d be easy to get a job if I got a degree in Aerospace Engineering from Cal Poly. F: Well, it probably would if you didn’t graduate just under the cut-off GPA of 3.00. P: GPA shouldn’t even matter! I should be able to learn what I want to learn in college, I thought I was done with GPA after high school. F: I still totally agree. But, companies use it as a way to sift through thousands of applications. P: I mean, it makes sense. I just thought it’d be more important to be a good well-rounded person than a workaholic. F: That still remains true. But, being a well-rounded good natured person only gets you the job if you get the interview. You need to be a workaholic now, so you can be a family man later. I’m out of time but one last request. Apply for internships all the time. They are gold.

Elaine

We all of have things that we've done in the past that we're not proud of, but would you change it if you could? If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would have a lot to say. I would tell my indecisive self that psychology is my real, underlying passion, and that I should work towards pursing it now, instead of my sophmore year of college. I would tell myself that if I apply myself more, I'll end up going to a university I'll actually love. I would tell myself to dump that jerk that's making younger me cry every night, he's not worth it. "High school senior self," I would say, "don't spend so much money on food, you'll regret it later on." But most importantly, I would tell my high school senior self to not listen to a word I'm saying, because all of my experiences, may they be good or bad, made me the person I am today; and even with some minor regrets, I'm happy to be that person.

Arnaldo

If I could go back in time and I where able to talk to my senior self I will tell him alot of things. First I will tell him that college will not be easy and it will requierd alot of hard work. That the college that he has picked is a awsome college for mechanical engineering, but it will requiered him to work hard. Second i will tell him that he should apply for as many scholarships as he can because the school will not be so easy to pay for if he dosen't apply. I will tell him that he should try out for AFROTC because it will show him a whole different side of college life. That the transition wont be easy, but that he will get the hang of it . I will say that he will have new friend that will help him in class and outside of class too. Finally I will tell him that it will be a great expirence for him and that when he gets to college he should make every second count toward his degree.

Mo

Work hard and study. But have fun! Get a job and save your money for college. Keep life simple and don't get overwhelmed. Be yourself. Have integrity. Search for your dream, and when you find it, don't give up until you have reached it. Don't be manipulated. Make lots of mistakes. And learn from them, you will be less likely to repeat them in the future. Laugh until you cry. Keep in touch with family and friends when you graduate and you'll never be lonely. Don't be stupid on purpose. Eat less food then you are provided with even though it's a buffet. Don't waste money, you're going to need it. Focus on studies, that's what you are paying for...and that's what will pay the way for you for the rest of your life. Love what you are doing in college or else you are not going to love it when you wake up to go to work. Enjoy life. Go to sleep at night so you wake up every day with a smile on your face. And finally, treat others the way you want to be treated.

Lynsey

My experience in college has not varried much from my expectations. I was always excited to start college, and looked forward to the opportunities it would bring - and it has. I don't think that there is any advise that I could give myself, as I haven't really encountered anything for which I wasn't already prepared. Although I would advise myself that having a roommate can be a pain, even if you think you will be good friends, and that, in this scenario, to keep your head up and try to compromise rather than letting your roommate ruin your life. Aside from that, I have not really encountered any unexpected challenges. The workload is heavy, but that was to be expected. I would also advise myself not to overload and join every club possible, as it can get overwhelming at times in this event. Overall, I would consider my transition and adjustment a definite success, and I feel as though I had been ready for college for years.

Marco

My first, and most important, piece of advice I would give to my high school "me" would be to make "me" do more scholarships every single day. The college I am going to is expensive enough as it is and the financial aid I could receive has always been available to me; so why not use it? Secondly, do better on my SAT/ACT tests. With a higher score, I could have received more state funding for college and, with a high enough score, could have gotten into the Honors college at Embry-Riddle, which would push me to strive more and would be a great resume builder. Finally, I would tell myself to study more, even if I have to find people to help. My grades were good during high school, but there were always the select few classes that would mess with me in the end. Studying is a vital tool that I am seeing as the gateway to great grades, which will lead to a better future for me.

Darryl

My advice would be: “prepare to burn the midnight oil”, “get ready to have more responsibility”, and “get ready to use your networking skills”. This advice is essential to any prospective student because you must make sacrifices, take responsibility for your work, and effectively work with others to be successful in college. College is where you meet people from all over the world. Different cultures, customs and traditions will expose you to a side of the world that Discovery Channel can only attempt to explain. College is not a cake walk. If you are not ready for all nighters or spending hours to get your work accomplished, then you’ll be in for a rude awakening. As a college student, one must be willing to sacrifice that personal time required to get the work done. Professors understand that you may have other classes but they still expect you to be responsible for ALL work assignments. College students are preparing for careers. You cannot predict opportunities that associates will provide in the future. Sometimes, that one person who you help out or were friends with could be the one who interviews and hires you.

Joseph

Although trite, the statement, "College is a chance to recreate yourself", is true. But this is not the advice I would give to the meek, disheveled and blemished-faced high school version of myself. Rather, I would tell him: "How to recreate yourself in college”. When you first arrive at college, endless opportunities lie before you. Just as a block of granite sits shapeless, waiting to be formed by the sculptor, so too does your college experience. It is your job to shape this experience into the most beautiful sculpture your ability, effort, and dedication can create. The more effort, dedication, and ability you put forth, the more you will "get out" of your college experience. The phrase "get out" is not to be misinterpreted. An engineering student who sits in on economics classes because he understands that engineering is nothing without business will "get out" of his college experience the tools of both an engineer and a practical businessman. The art student who starts a club that teaches underprivileged children the fundamentals of painting will "get out" of his college experience the skills of an innovator. To recreate yourself in college you must eagerly accept one thing: challenge.

stephen

Life is gonna be good dude. Start looking for extra scholarships and money now though otherwise you will probably be dropping out of college your junior year because you can't find any money to be able to continue. Work hard and study though and the fun will show up. Make friends and get involved but don't spread yourself to thin. Navy ROTC is gonna be physically and mentally demanding but you will make some of your best friends there. Don't take home life for granted, you will miss the home-cooked meals and not having to live in a 100 square foot room with a roommate you don't know or like. Most importantly though, have fun and be yourself. College is about learning who you are and what makes you tick. Don't let anybody change you, like I always have said, Imma be me and you can be you or him but i am me.

Eliza

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would say that it is very important to get face time with your professors. They have office hours for a reason, and if you're having trouble or just need to talk through a problem related to schoolwork, you should go to them. It is also important to open yourself up and make new friends. Two heads are better than one when studying for an exam, and outside of class you need social interaction and a release from the stess that comes with pursuing educational endeavors at the college level.

Lance

First and foremost, I would tell myself not to assume that college will be like high school. I was truly shocked at the difficulty level of the classes when I first entered and did not pay attention to the fact that my grades were slipping. Even with that being said, I would say the biggest piece of advice I would give to myself is not jump into a specific major right when you enter as a freshman in college. Now, being a junior that has changed my major several times and even transferred universities, I wish I had known to take the first semester or two getting basic requirements under my belt and sampling courses that aligned with my interests. It would also help to talk to a professional who works in the industry you're interested in to get a legitimate idea of the environment and type of job you will have. I dived right into engineering classes, which is not what I ended up doing now. Even though I have found the school and degree that suits my interest, it was a long, tough road and that advice would have saved me time, emotions, stress and money.

Steven

If I had the knowledge I had now about college I would go back and let myself know that it is a huge transition and one that needs to be taken seriously. High School is completely different compared to college, you have so much free time that you need to use wisey and not abuse it. In order to succeed in college you need to find your own way and ensure that you put school in front of everything else.

Trey

If I knew what was going to happen to me this year as a freshman in college, I would have better prepared myself for the college workload. Coming in to college, I assumed that the workload wouln't be too stressful and there would be plenty of time to complete assignments. And because of that, time management is very important. It is important to complete the assignments as soon as you can, so that if there is any question, one can have time to ask the professor for help. Also, one must study for the tests as if they were your final exam. Because one test grade can sink your overall grade, and sometimes it can be difficult to bring that grade back up. So, with that being said, study as hard as you can and you will do well.

jeffrey

If I could go back in time to talk to myself as a highschool senior again and give myself advice about the upcoming college "experience," I would tell myself know exactly what college i want to go to, what I would want to when I get there, and to try harder to look for scholarships, loans and grants to help pay for college. I spent too much time trying to go to a college where all my friends were gonna go to and not enough time focusing on what i want to do. therefore, I missed many scholarship deadlines, ended up going to two colleges i didn't truely enjoy and now that im two years from graduation, Im finally going to the college of my dreams and im going to have to spend and find even more money to pay for it. Now im probably going to be $200,000 dollars in debt after I graduate all because of poor planning.

Drake

Fortunately, liberation inevitably knocks at all doors at least once in life. It is one the more generous gifts the earth offers. Some experience this immense joy when acquiring their first car, others endure this on their eighteenth birthday, but the select few (like myself) collide with this upon entering college. When first entering college I thought, “wow this is truly wondrous” simply because it undoubtedly was. For the first time in my life I was granted the space to undergo proper introspections. In addition, a diverse array of people were practically laid before me, offering various remnants of unfamiliar cultural information. Merely, being immersed within college for the sort time I have has broaden my mind; at various moments I even feel a overwhelming joy engulf me, demanding more the world’s treasures. This college deriving joy has been a wonderful aid in my life. In correlation, initially, I entered college (in some ways) vicariously living through the stories of my brothers success in biology, but with time I escaped that and found my true passion, psychology. In short, college has presented the quintessential components of success to me: great friends, innovative skills, and happiness.

Amber

Looking back and reflecting, I realize how fortunate I was to make the decision to attend college and invest in myself and my future. College was one of the most challenging yet rewarding experiences of my life. It enabled me to continue to pursue my dreams. Although I had to take out student loans to further my education, every penny was well spent! My philosophy is that if you aren't willing to invest in yourself, why should anyone else be willing to invest in you? Every since kindergarten I have always wanted to be an Astronaut. This was always my dream and it still is! Because I stuck with it, despite all the challenges and obstacles, I was able to attend college and begin working as a Rocket Scientist right after graduation. I LOVE my job and get paid to do my hobby! Some people may think you have to be lucky, but I view luck as when skill meets opportunity. College prepares you with the skills you need to create and realize those opportunities! I participate in lots of education outreach activities and students are always shocked to find out that I'm still taking additional college classes.

Patsy

I am a 48 year old woman who has settled for adverage jobs but no more. I am started Daymar college in Owensboro Kentucky, January 11 2011. I had Orintation on the 6th of january, we toured the campus. It is a small college and I feel I will get alot out of the college because it is small. There is only about 400 students at this college and to me that leave a lot of room for alot of one on one time with the instructor. The staff was very friendly and i had only been to the college twice before enrolling and 3 people in the main office area knew my name already. Knowing that they are going to help in anyway they can, to get my associate in accounting and the one on one that is available to me at Daymar college. I am very excited to attend this college.

Megan

As a student at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, one gets the best aviation education, as it is rated number one in the world for aviation education. The University has state of the art simulators and other various equipment that helps students proceed in getting the best education. All professors are from aviation background and provide great recommendations. Also, when a student says they are from Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, the aviation world knows that they have a great amount of aviation experience and attend the best school for the aviation career field.

addison

I learned that i was not as great a singer as i thought I was. I became a better student than i ever was in high school, because my teachers made me care. It was an excellent life experience, that i needed to complete becoming a true adult.

NORMAN

The degree I needed to continue my pursuit of a comission into the Air Force as an officer and a pilot.

Christopher

Attending Embry-Riddle has allowed me to pursue my dream of serving this country as an officer in the United States Air Force. In an environment largely made up of ROTC members of every branch, I have found a place where everyone looks out for each other rather than just themselves. An atmosphere of fierce camaraderie has quickly led me to lifelong friends who I can depend on in any situation. In times of academic uncertainty, the students here have banded together to help each other out. Other times, when an individual's well being has been on the line, our community has stepped up to help. As I enter my second semester, I eagerly await the challenges that await me, on both the academic and professional levels. It is unfortunate that such a great enviornment comes with such a hefty cost in tuition, however the bonds that I've made and the career that I have set for myself will make it worthwhile in the end.

Debra

I am having the time of my life. ERAU has opened my world to so many new opportunities. I have met and become friends with individuals from all over the world. My course work is very hard and challenging yet obtainable with the help of instructors and friends. I will graduate with a very desired degree from a university top in my field. I have had opportunities here that I never would have at a large state university. ERAU has has helped me grow both academically and socially. My on campus job also challanges me to grow and keeps me very involved in campus and community life. I would not trade this time in my life for anything.

Craig

This school has been very good at teaching me about the hardships of the outside world. I thought that the Navy had been difficult on the administration side but Riddle has been worse. The education here has been outstanding though. I have never had a class with more than 25 students and all of my professors have been Ph.D.s most with industry experience. Being a veteran this school has been very helpful in adjusting back into civial life as a large portion of the student body is veterans. One of the largest clubs on campus is the veteran students association.

Attending Elgin Community College has made it possible for me to afford my education. Finances have always been a major obstacle in my college plans. I could not afford a four year school so I thought I would not be able to go to college. But at ECC I was able to pay for school myself as a full-time student with a part-time job. I am so thankful that ECC is able to provide such low tuition costs for its students. I am currently working on getting my Associate's Degree and I know it would not have been possible if it were not for ECC. The professors are very knowledgable and fair, and there are so many extracurricular activities to choose from. I have always wanted to volunteer somewhere but was not sure how to go about it so I enrolled in ECC's SERVE program which got me started in volunteering. I also found a club I really enjoy called Spartan Christian Fellowship. ECC is also affiliated with the Phi Theta Kappa Honors Society which gives me opportunities to improve my leadership skills and confidence in my academic abilities. I am so grateful I came here.

Christopher

As soon as I arrived at Embry-Riddle I knew that I had made the right decision. The campus is well maintained and both students and staff are very friendly and willing to help eachother out. My main focus so far has been with participating in Air Force ROTC, where I have made close bonds with cadets from every branch of the military. There is a mentality here that I have yet to see anywhere else in which everyone else is dedicated to helping you out in a time of need. It doesn't matter if you're a freshmen and they're a senior, they are there for you. Shortly after joining the color guard I participated in a ceremony to honor those who were lose on September 11th, and have since been actively participating in training and color guard events. It has been through this team that I have made some of my closest friends as well. Last, I have joined a medical team on campus that works with campus safety, and am training to become a Certified First Responder. I have always been interested in this field, and this club has helped me to pursue it.

Dhawal

The college experiance has changed me and has made me more responsiable. taught me to live on my own and become a new man. it has given me freinds and new intrest. it has taught me well i feel much educated and alert.

Nancy

What I have gotten out of my freshman year of college here at Embry-Riddle has been a second family. The people you meet here you will know for a life time. My first year here I stayed in Doolittle a dorm on campus and the friends I had made in that hall have become a second family to me. Also to meet new people and to get your feet wet in a new environment is also an amazing experience to experience. Once you get to college you are on your own and initially you are taking a journey to find out who you want to be in this world. By going to college it is just one step in many in becoming something in this thing we call life. Relating to people is also a big thing. Here at Riddle everyone understands the aviation lingo and to have a conversation about the thing you love is just an awesome thing to experience. To see others just like you striving in the same goal in becoming an airline pilot makes it easier to keep stepping forward to achieve that goal. I know eventually I will be working for an airline.

I love my college life, and I feel as though I've grown more as a person through my experiences. This past year, I attended Forest Park CC in Saint Louis, MO. I took an online based program for my first year, and was very challenged by it. I may not have made perfect grades, but I struggled through it, and really appreciated my professors. I found that my professors were very helpful and understanding when it came to your special needs as an individual student. I felt as though I had a tudor working with me one on one at all times, and it was very comforting. I feel like going to a community college for my first year was a great way to ease into the college experience from high school. I was able to get the full feel of college, without feeling it in my pocket. I had a great time, and I would certainly do it again!

Samuel

Out of my college experience, I have learned that there are many ways to express myself. My college has been valuable to attened because it has opened up so many needed opportunities fo my future.