Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University-Prescott Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University-Prescott

James

The school is great for the aviation network, but be prepared to spend a lot of money, as the cost of flying is very expensive. Remember that every scholarship and financial aid opportunity can help further you towards graduation and your major. Be prepared to expect delays in instructors for flight students.

Octavia

It's the best University I have visited. Beautiful campus and views. Good Professors there to help you with questions or work.

Daniel

Overall its a good school. Social life is hard to find and not much activities off campus. This town is more quiet than where I come from so just don't expect too much when it comes to things to do off campus. If you are into the outdoors than your good to go. There are things to do out here, you just got to look for them.

Richard

I love this school. The quality of education is incredible, and the close knit community is very conducive to learning and growing. The fact that the school has very close ties to large businesses and corporations, such as Boeing and Honeywell, helps a lot in getting internships and starting the students careers while they are still in school. The price tag for the school is a little high, but for the quality of education, it is worth every penny.

Haley

I love Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University. I chose this school for the academics, community atmosphere, close teacher relationships, close to family, and a sports program I enjoyed and that understands that academics come first. Our career advisors are top notch and are always here to help. Teachers are extremely personable and easily accessible.

Drew

The school offers many advanced classes that challenge students and prepare them for a career in the industry. Facilities are sometimes outdated but new buildings are being built. Professors are kind and extremely knowledgeable about the subject matter and its application to the industry. The campus is located in a nice location and offers lots of recreation.

Devin

Riddle is a great choice if you are financially capable and have high aspirations in the STEM fields. It's very important to do a cost benefit analysis with any major you choose, but especially if you aren't interested in flying, engineering, or intelligence studies, because the benefits are more tailored for those students. Prescott is a beautiful, quiet town; perfect if you're trying to get out of the city or are accustomed to the outdoors. Living on campus has plenty of downsides (food, housing, location), but you'll have that anywhere you go, so I wouldn't let it influence your decision too much. If you can stomach the cost, or apply to a million scholarships, you'll be able to feel confident in your future. The opportunities you get at Riddle are hard to overlook.

Dillon

I am an Aeronautical Science Major on campus. Professional Pilot track fixed wing. I believe Embry-Riddle is the best place in the world to learn to fly if you want to make it a career. Making friends is easy. Everyone here is extremely driven for success and support one another. Campus is very small and you feel like your in a supportive community. I strongly encouraging attending if your into any and all things aviation. We are your people!

Cassandra

I love going to Embry Riddle in Prescott, AZ. I am from a town that is a little smaller than Prescott, and I love that my school is located in a small community. I love small community schools because the campus is more like a family, rather than being surrounded by a bunch of random people. There is always someone on campus that I recognize and go to for help if I need it. The teachers are also invested into knowing their students, and are always there for us whenever we need help. Although I do love going to Embry Riddle there are a few things that I believe need to be improved. The Wi-Fi on campus, especially in the dorms, is not always reliable, and the food in the dining hall could use some improvement. But, overall I enjoy going to Embry Riddle and am excited to finish my last two years here!

william

Its nice quiet and from what I can tell most students are goal oriented. There are a few and far between overbearing liberals that haven't yet experienced the world. The social science classes seem to be geared more towards social engineering than critical analysis. Facilities are kept in great condition always. No matter what problem I have ever had the faculty has always been able to assist me if not immediately, within twenty four hours. Helicopter flight training is pretty intense when you take full time classes with it, but its doable. Overall it is a good learning environment where the professors have time to learn the names of every student they have.

David

I love ERAU Prescott location even more then the Daytona beach location so that has to say a lot. The campus is just breath taking and I love that it is so isolated and surrounded by the beautiful canyons and mountains of Arizona. There is so many outdoor activities to do and participate in. You will never be bored here. And it is the perfect place to train to be the next best pilot.

It is a fairly small school with a pretty small campus, but the education that you will get from here is incredible- if you can survive the courses. The engineering college here is well known in industry for a reason. It is both rigorous and time consuming, but if engineering is what you want to do, this is the school for you. Located in a small town in northern Arizona, the weather is much more mild than one would expect. Prescott is a very cozy town, and many people are used to going down to Phoenix as a day trip. It is very easy to enjoy life here, despite the stress from the coursework.

I have only been there a short while, but so far my experience has been amazing. The staff and teachers are all about the students and their academics and it has been so hepful and refreshing to have someone I can depend on to make my college experience stress free.

Collin

Embry-Riddle is an awesome place to get a degree. The small class sizes and personal relationships that you make with the professors really gives this university an edge compared to others. However, if your'e looking to party a lot during college I don't think this is the right university for you.

Andrew

Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University is a very heavily academic university. It has exceptional professors to help educate you on your field; however, there isn't much to do outside of academics. The community in Prescott is a retirement community so there isn't much to do for college students except to go on hikes and watch movies at the local movie theater (with student discounts).

I love this University. We may not have a football team or the best food on campus but it's obvious the money we spend is spent on academic instead of all the small things. I feel safe on this campus. For the most part, I have had amazing professors willing to work with me. The respect for military is absolutely out standing. Everyone is involved in either ROTC, Student Government or Greek Life as well as the vast majority of clubs on campus. At this University I met amazing friends for life who are ready to do what it takes to Excell in their dream career field.

It’s a very nice and clean campus and a great place to go to college. I visited the School and all the people were very celcoming, my flight was delayed so I missed the tour but they worked out a tour for me and I was able to still see the whole campus plus the flight line which was very nice.

Grace

ERAU Prescott is a small campus, so you really get to know all of your classmates and professors. Prescott is small, but they have a great historic downtown and all of the amenities of a city, including Costco and a mall. Prescott has an abundance of outdoor recreation areas and and a hiking trail goes right through the universities property.

David

An excellent University with opportunities that are nearly impossible to find anywhere else! Whether you are interested in Globel Security, Aeronautical Science, Unmanned Aerial Systems, or even Space Physics, Embry Riddle has it all! They even have a wind tunnel that can go up to Mach 3!

Jorden

Embry Riddle is an easy place to call home. The student body is diverse, accepting, and generally very friendly. The staff are always accessible and and extremely helpful resource on campus in just about any situation. The campus has a great balance between academics and social life, with a wide selection of campus clubs and activities and a very strong culture for academic success among the students. I highly recommend!

EMALIE

I will be attending Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University-Prescott in the fall of 2018. The professors and faculty have been amazing and easy to talk to, as well as extremely accessible. All professors are professionals in their fields. The facilities are great, and very accommodating.

Nicholas

Embry-Riddle is a wonderful school surrounded in nature, and filled with students motivated to succeed in their chosen career field. The school specializes in helping you find a job after college, and the professors are always supportive and approachable.

Drew

It's an amazing school if you want a school where small class sizes and intense way of learning subjects is there then Embry Riddle is the place for you. There always something going on at the campus. People go just to watch planes fly over the school sometimes, or they join a club to fly RC aircraft.

Ryan

Do not let Embry Riddle Aeronautical University’s name fool you, there is much, much more to learn from this well known, prestigious private university. It offers the largest aeronautical studies program, and has hundreds of qualified pilots graduate yearly. In addition, it has the only Global Security and Intelligence studies program in the country, and is well respected in many other fields such as the aero and astro engineering, and much more. The campus life is the most active and diverse group of people I’ve ever seen at a college campus, with extreme sports teams, for both men and women, and almost weekly model rocket launches from one of the several campus fields. If you can dream of a club, ERAU Prescott is sure to have it, from Archery, Blacksmithing, and UAS, to motorcycle clubs, sports clubs, and three different ROTC branches, with me being apart of the ladder. There is a very active Student Government Association on campus and a just as active Women’s and Diversity center, holding weekly events and a place to go for those who are interested in that field. ERAU Prescott is growing a massive rate, with two new housing complexes going up within the last three years this paper’s creation. The housing is new and current, and since the school is still relatively low population, with just over 2,000, the class sizes, I’ve found, are smaller or the same size as my last year’s high school classes, which made it excellent when it came to adjusting. The food however, leaves some to be desired. The campus features Earhart’s, a buffet type dining area, WOW Café, serving wings and other food, and a small convenience store type building, open for 19 hours a day. Earhart’s in particular is considered by the student population to be the worst, option, with many students claiming to be sick or ill following eating there, but it has made significant progress in this just one year that I’ve been here and I am hopeful for the continuation of the good. In short, ERAU is not only a great place to learn, but is also a great place to live and be yourself, you will never find yourself bored here, with numerous clubs, groups, and outdoor activities that only northern Arizona can offer.

Alexandra

It’s not too shabby! Although a heads up to everyone on the actual whether and location because it’s a higher elevation desert we not only get the heat but also the cold so you gotta keep flip flops and snow boots. Our towns pretty quaint at least in this area.

Rebekah

Embry-Riddle is an amazing school. It is located in beautiful Prescott, AZ, where there are several breathtaking landmarks. The campus and it's state of the art facilities, sits on 539 acres of land, just across from Willow Lake. The dormitories are clean, well managed, and very secure. The dining hall combines the best of several cuisines at very affordable meal plans. All the staff at the university are committed to helping students in their educational pursuits. From ballroom dancing and Nerf wars to volleyball and drone flying, campus activities and clubs appeal to a broad spectrum of students. In summary, ERAU is a university for students who truly want to pursue their academic careers and make life-long connections and memories along the way.

Sidney

Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University - Prescott is a fantastic college for students who want a small and safe on-campus society with fantastic academics that have small to medium sized classrooms with caring professors, as well as plenty of non-academic opportunities.

Laura

Its a great school. The campus is beautiful, and the teachers genuinely care about the students. The class sizes are about 20-30 students per class, so the professors actually get to know the students themselves. There are many places to study, and there are plenty of computers available in case someone doesn't own their own. Its an amazing school, and I would definitely recommend it.

Kale

My experiences with Riddle have been wonderful overall. While the freshman physics classes may have been a little rough, the classes have been very intuitive and of high quality. The class size is around 2000 students, around two thirds live on campus, and ROTC makes up around 10% of the student population. With the small class sizes, the professors are more than available to help with work outside of class.

Joseph

Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University-Prescott is a fantastic place to learn far from the many distractions of urban life, but also far from many of the major aerospace companies due to its Arizona location. Even so, the academic facilities more than make up for this shortcoming, and constantly improve, even over the course of a single year.

Benjamin

Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University-Prescott is a fantastic school for those who want to study engineering, become a pilot, or even work in national defense. The school provides students with some of the best professors they can obtain who all are extremely available upon either request or set up dates by the professors themselves. The campus is rather small as of now it has roughly 3000-4000 students however this is good as it allows you the opportunity to be someone on the campus and not just someone everyone sees as a number. The clubs provided are great and of course there is always the opportunity to create your own club. In terms of sports we aren't the most fantastic and I personally wish we had Football which seems to be the only one of the big name sports we are missing, However, the school makes up for this by having the best flight team there is with back to back championships for years. It is a great school in a great area and I would highly recommend it to anyone interested int an engineering field or the other two stated previously.

Elijah

I think this is the perfect University for anyone to attend. The price might be high but the education that you get and the return on your investment are worth so much more. It really is the school for those that want to excel in their field and I can't imagine there is a better place to be especially for Aerospace engineering of any kind.

Savannah

The campus itself is no Duke, but what it lacks in gorgeous architecture, it makes up for with a breathtaking landscape in the mountains of Arizona. The students and faculty are so helpful and enthusiastic. Any time I've ever had an issue, the school's administration and staff have been incredibly helpful and efficient. I feel like a priority.

Lois

When I think of Embry Riddle, I think of the crisp mornings that start my day, drizzled with cheerful dew and the rising sun, bringing the campus to life. The buzzing students, eagerly engaging in a NURF gun battle or rushing to making it to class on time. I think of the engaging staff always willing to lend a hand when you are struggling or if you just want to talk. Sounds of jets flying over the school grounds keeps the students alert, hoping to catch a glimpse of one of their friends in a fixed wing plane or beating through the sky in a helicopter. It is not just the outward appearance of the school that makes it so special, the character of the students and the high standards that the faculty holds themselves to, helps make the environment of Prescott, feel like home. Everywhere you look there is a smiling face, willing to lend a hand and make your experience at the campus as amazing as possible. While the college campus is what draws you in, all of the opportunities in the area provide entertainment for every occasion. Prescott Valley is only a ten minute drive and has everything a college student could ask for: a grocery store, shopping centers, a movie theater and most importantly, Starbucks! While this school may be a little bit of a drive from the big city of Phoenix, there is always someone willing to accompany you on the journey and hang out with you for the day. With such a small population, it really does feel like family when you are eating with your friends in the cafeteria, goofing around in your dorm room, or even just passing people in the hallways. Embry Riddle has taken me in and shown me what a loving school environment looks like and I could not imagine going to college anywhere else.

Andrew

For people who are motivated to become professional pilots and get into the airline industries this school is perfect for you.

Laken

I am truly honor to be accepted into this school. I believe that it is a great way to step in the world. Embry leaves a sense of importance, with great opportunities for future and current students. I absolutely look forward to my education within the campus.

Amairani

It's Amazing; Once I stepped into the campus, I knew it was for me. The school so so welcoming and you feel so at home. Something that incuraged me to apply was their amazing internship programs which will get you connected with massive companies that ninety percent of the kids work for after they graduate.​

I have always had high opinions of my school. Although we aren’t a well known school, students here end up in rigorous, high ranking jobs that are very difficult to get into such as physics, military, government and security, and engineering. Although tuition is a little high, 96% of people who graduate from here will get a job right out of college in their desired field. This is due to the schools respect for undergraduate students, as we are allowed to work along with our professors doing paid research, and also professor availability and their desire to interact with students. Because of the small size of the school, everyone knows each other, and I always feel welcome anywhere I go.

Carlie

Embry-Riddle is a wonderful school that provides countless opportunities for their students. There is a plethora of state-of-the-art equipment, as well as knowledgeable staff members that love to see students involved and learning. The school is a perfect environment for learning, as there aren't a lot of distractions (drugs, alcohol, etc.) and there are plenty of places to be productive. There is free tutoring on campus for just about every class imaginable and there are always tutors available. Overall, the school is an amazing resource for a student who wants to learn and obtain a ridiculous amount of hands-on experience.

Ariana

I expected Embry-Riddle to be awesome, and it has exceeded my expectations. There are a wide variety of clubs which solve cool engineering problems. A few of the projects include building airplanes (RC and full-scale), satellites, and really fast vehicles. All of my professors have been awesome, and classes are about the same size as they were in high school so I know them very well. I also participate in sports, which has been very fun. Missing class for sports is not ideal, but it was not inordinately difficult to make up missed exams or lessons. The staff at the dining hall are very considerate of my dietary concerns and are happy to answer my questions. I spend a lot of my time doing homework, but that is okay because I find it fun to solve problems. Overall, I really like this school.

Eve

The campus is beautiful and the landscape and nature around it is wonderful. The chancellor and other department chairs have an open door policy which helps students feel welcome and appreciated. I am so excited to be a part of the community and get a great education.

Makenzie

Embry-Riddle is a great school- if you are going there for engineering or aeronautical science. However, as a forensic biology major, it is easy to feel underrepresented and underfunded; there are virtually no clubs to join for my major. The general education professors are subpar, and I have yet to meet a professor that has done a great job of instructing students. Transferring might be the best option for me.

Gabriella

Embry-Riddle is a beautiful campus and small which is nice because it creates smaller class sizes but not much is nearby. You need to drive everywhere and nothing is in walking distance outside the campus. The campus does have a lot of its own resources and restaurants which is nice but, going out can prove challenging. The student life is welcoming and everyone is very willing to help if in trouble.