Emerson College Top Questions

Rebecca

A person who thrives in creativity and is willing to expand on their talents in an academic setting. The Emerson community is somewhat cut-throat in terms of who is the most creative and compelling. A person who succeeds in this area of study will prosper here.

Julia

The majority of Emerson students are best described as hard working, unique, and somewhat crazy. Since it is an art school, you must be completely devoted to what you want to do, because nothing comes easy at this school. An Emerson student has to be involved in several extracurricular programs to learn as much as they can, because a simple classroom education will not suffice. To go to this school, one must be utterly in love with what the path they choose to pursue.

You need a certain attitude to attend Emerson. It is a lot of work, and if you don't have the motivation or energy to do it, and do it with a smile, you won't enjoy it here. Its very fast paced and intense, but if you love what you're doing, like I do, it's so worth it. At Emerson, you need to be a real go-getter, and kind of a fireball. There are a lot of big personalities here, if you're not confident, you might get left behind.

Janelle

adsf

Shakala

If you're future ambitions include broadcasting, acting, writing, etc. Emerson College is the place to be. It will put your foot in the right door.

Holly

I would recommend this school to driven students who need more than the quintessential college experience. Having a small campus in nBoston allows students to integrate into the real world and experiment with living outside the bounds of a dorm. It takes a lot of responsibility but it allos more freedom.

Andrew

Creative people looking to get a job in the communications industry, whether it is filmmaking, journalism, broadcasting, radio/television, writing, or publishing.

allison

Someone very comfortable with themselves and feels a strong need to express themselves, in some artistic way and is not too shy to do that. People with more outgoing, stronger personalities thrive better at this school.

Maria

Upbeat artsy type

Ilana

Someone who has an idea of what they want to do with their life, that is career focused and enjoys a smaller school enviornment in an amazing city

Samuel

Emerson is a good environment for people that have a strong idea of what field they want to go into, especially for the visual/media arts and performing arts. If you want a very well rounded education, it is not the best learning environment. That is not to say that there aren't classes for all subjects, just that if you have a certain major you will focus on that subject almost exclusively after your freshman year.

Someone who knows what they want to do for the restof their lives before entering college. They need to be able to navigate red tape and they also need to be extremely organized because this school lacks a significant amount of structure. Emerson students are self-motivated and driven beyond compare. Even though we may not be big on school spirit - we have a lot of pride in extra cirriculars as most students are involved in at least three or more clubs.

James

Artistic, someone with multiple talents who likes to experiment with differnet things and believes in stretching themselves as a person.

Melissa

Someone career-minded and with the drive to make his education into what he wants it to be. The film/new media program is rewarding but you have to go into it with full force, in order to take full advantage of the resources available to you.

Claudia

A Liberal, artsy, independent thinker who knows what they want out of life, and is willing to work for it.