Emerson College

« See more reviews of Emerson College

The most frustrating thing about my school is to who they five their financial aid to. A few of my friends and I are lower middle class students that receive absolutely NO money from the school all whilst other upper middle / high class students are receiving nearly full rides to the school. I find it absurd and everyone seems to constantly complain because of this. Emerson itself knows what they are doing, yet still decides not to change. The financial aid is completely unfair and very disagreed upon by MANY.

My main sources of frustration come from sometimes feeling overwhelmed with work and financial issues. As far as work goes, I sometimes feel overwhelmed with the balancing act of being a full-time student, part-time employee, and managing homework and production projects. This oftentimes leads to a feeling down about not having time for an internship or more projects related to my degree. Additionally, I frequently worry about student loan repayments. I dislike having to worry about student loans.

Emerson is dominated by Artist individuals which is extremly interesting but can also be extremely taxing. In the sense that actions can be over dramtized. But beyond this the size could be larger, however the city setting makes up for this. Additionally sometimes it can be easy to not have many friends from the school because the city can offer my common individuals than the group of 4,000 at the school--Again a blessing and a curse.

What is most frustrating about my school is the food. I know that Emerson is a privately funded school but students pay enough money as it is to not have bad food. The college really needs to just up the anti with the quality of food at our dining halls and pack more variety in the rotation.

The financial aid department is regularly rated as one of the worst in the country--and it's all too deserved. They lack flexibility, judgement, compassion, communication, resources, and (sometimes) basic office skills.

The most frustrating thing about this school is the bureaucrasy. You would think in a school so small they'd have their shit together, but sometimes things slip through the cracks to the disadvantage of the students.

The most frustrating thing about my school is the lack of diversity. I recently transfered from a community college that was extremely diverse. I wish that there was more of that at Emerson.

The financial aid. My father was recently laid off and my financial aid award barely went up. This school is incredibly over priced and is notorious for being terrible with financial aid.

very slow in accomodating student needs, hardly ANY financial aid given out to anyone, not many sports, everyone tries to be different but ends up all being the same

The most frustrating thing about Emerson is deciding which extra cirricula activity you are going to join.