Boston, MA
Emmanuel College-Boston

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Emmanuel College-Boston

Janelle

It was my first choice!!!!

It was my first choice!!!!

Emmanuel College had a very friendly and welcoming atmosphere that the other schools I considered didn't have. I felt very at home and at ease as opposed to the other larger schools I looked at.

If I could go back in time and talk to my senior year self, I would tell her that everything she had worried about college was unfounded. Before entering college, I was petrified of the changes that would await me. I was scared; I thought classes would be incredibly hard, that professors were strict, that I wouldn't make friends easily, and that living away from the comfort of home would be difficult. However, after attending college for three years, I know that being able to go is a blessing. Classes, while providing a challenge, weren't unmanagable as peers and professors were always willing to help. I made more friends at college than I ever had in high school, and I consider them to be my family. While, I could be homesick at times, I was happy having freedom and independence as it gave me the chance to explore the world around me. Even though, the change was nervewracking at first, I adjusted with the support of peers, professors, family and friends. College has been a great opportunity to learn and grow, so there is no need to worry because you'll have the time of your life.

I wish I had known which departments were the best in terms of professors.

James

I would go back and tell myself to visit all the city schools I wanted to and done more there than just take a tour. To really get the feel and understanding of a school talk to the students sitting around doing homework who can give you a full unbiased review of the experience. I would tell myself I should get better at wheeling and dealing because that is how I recieved all of my big internships and opportunities because the career office here will kind of give you a handout of an internship that will not really lead to anything. I would tell myself to keep talking to professors the way I do/did though. My experience here academically has been sufficient due to the knowledgable and humile professors I have had. It is the professors here that keep/kept me from leaving this school.

I wish I talked to more students on campus rather than just taking the tour. Since thecampus is trying to expand it has been accepting more students but it has dropped its overall gpa every year since I have been here. The school website says Boston is our second home but thats only true if you are willing to wheel and deal on your own. The school is great at putting people at mid-level manager jobs when you graduate. If you are looking for the bigger jobs you have to do the leg work on your own.

Although I do love the idea of a small school in a big city. I get the run around at this school. The administration is slow and I always seemed to be directed to talk to someone else. There's a lot of students with high aspirations but no motivation to attain those goals. Also, the stuent government here is attrocious, they have the worst system of giving money to clubs. Although my club that I belonged to was lucky to get money they would cut back on groups that would be the most eco and humanity driven groups.

Siobhan

My school its comforting and accepting; with the total amount of students under 3,000 and being a small campus as a student I still have a sense of comfort and security; it provides a great atmophere in the city of Boston.

Something I wish I knew before college is that costs of books and living here in Boston add up quickly. I wish I knew to save more of my money so I didn't have to struggle to pay for basic needs.

Terese

Emmanuel College is a challenging place for academics but you really learn your stuff there.

Don't allow people to walk all over you, you are important too. If people aren't going to realize that then realize you don't need them. College is hard, the transition is hard. You will cry a lot and thats okay. Just remember everything will be okay. Classes will be much harder than you realize. Study, stay on track and don't beat yourself up over a bad grade. What is done is done, you can only learn from the mistakes and make yourself better. Clean out your closest, moving all that stuff is a lot of work and half of the things in there you never wear. And don't forget to smile and enjoy life because the time is flying by.

The amount of finical aid they give to struggling families. They never give enough and the people in charge of finical aid are not helpful. It is a goose chase to get them to reply to you. The amount of finical aid that is given is never enough and they don't offer and support. They also charge late fees very often. I don't see why, if a family doesn't have the money to pay, increasing the bill will only make it worse.

Danielle

My classmates are people who seek to learn who they are as individuals and strive to reach their best selves.

Danielle: please do not worry about what life will be like in college - you will do just fine. You'll come to learn that you are surrounded by people who want you to succeed and are willing to help you achieve your dreams. You will make wonderful friends who support you and you will find mentors who recognize your abilities. The workload is manageable, but make sure you stay focused; that will give you the most out of your experience. Be sure to get involved in communities and events that interest you because the time at school will fly by. Take advantage of all there is around you! Stay in touch with your close high school friends, but realize that you will find numerous people who share your interests in college - far more than you could ever imagine. Above all: be yourself and learn all that you can, both academically and personally. This is a time for huge growth.

Individuals who are interested in forming strong personal connections with peers and staff, are comfortable being in a city environment, and are focused on achieving their academic goals.

Adam

If you go to Emmanuel, you really need to take advantage of Boston moreso than the school. Fact is, it's not a degree that's going to get you a job on its own merit. Intern, find work in your field, and be wise about what you choose to study. The right student can excel and succeed here, but they need to dig deep and use the resources the city, rather than the school, offers.

My classmates were generally good people, but they had a tendency to be limo-liberal Catholics with a lot of money and not much in the way of critical thinking skills.

Adam, though it is noble of you to see yourself as a rising artist, it would be wise to have a backup plan that will allow you to pursue those broad goals while still supporting yourself and, some day, a family. Think about the types of jobs you'd enjoy doing - teaching, perhaps, or maybe graphic design - and pursue a career in one of those fields while allowing your creative side to remain active on the side. Intern as frequently as possible and build that resume up. While it's important to maintain strong grades at the college level, the more professional experience you acquire now, even if it comes at the cost of your creative time, the happier you'll be as you seek a vocation down the road. Also, be careful when you play Ultimate Frisbee your sophomore year; try not to break your toe!

Mary

I loved being so tight knit with my professors and building relationships with my peers. I had a very small group of friends, but we were all in the same program and very loyal to each other. Also, the food was great!!!

I know you are overwhelmed with the changes that are about to ensue, and you're excited to get away from home. Remember, college is a growing experience. You're going to meet a world of new people with different backgrounds, cultures, and religions. Choose positive people to surround yourself with, and take as many different courses as you can. Don't worry about figuring out what the rest of your life is going to look like. Be friendly, open, and most importantly, be yourself. Make the most of your education, challenging teachers and students to think about broader concepts that what the textbook says. Join clubs! Start an intramural team! Try new things! Network! And don't forget to write home...your family still loves you even though you're hundreds of miles away.

This school provides a small community feel, while still being central to the great city of Boston. If you are a person who enjoys large scale comradary, huge crowds of people, fraternity and soroity life this is not the school for you. Emmanuel is small, personable, and quiet.

Alexandra

Emmanuel College allows you to be a big fish in a small school, but may also be isolating.

My first semester in college has been unbelievably rewarding. In high school I was very unmotivated in my academics, and I put my extra curricular programs first. Studying was very difficult for me, and I usually studied the night before for tests. However, I taught myself new skills for studying in college and luckily excelled to my fullest ability in academics. With my studying techniques and time management, I no longer study for the grade, but also the learning experience. I have learned more in my first semester than I ever have in my entire life.

Although I knew that Emmanuel was a small school when I applied, I wish I had known how this would effect me as a student. In some ways a small school is satisying in the classroom because there are more opportunities for one on one time with professors, but there are also disadvantages. Due to the small student population, there is less diversity among students. This presents a problem because groups of people are easily segregated and become hesitant to interact with seperate groups.

kimberly

At the ripe old age of 44 I realize not only what I want to do with my artistic career, but i need a little more education and I am totally focused, not like attending college as a teenager. The LA Film School offers exactly what I need from the computer animation course, not alot of what I don't need and more of what i do. They offer equipment , software everything and I am so happy with it.

Emmanuel College-Boston administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.