Boston, MA
Emmanuel College-Boston

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Emmanuel College-Boston

Sanettra

The worst thing about the school would be parking. The campus is surrounded by hospitals and other colleges making parking vitually impossible. They do have a paid parking but the price is costly when you are only taking one class a week. Also, the college is near Fenway - the baseball arena. There is alot of traffic during home games.

I attend a graduates and professionals program at my school. It is geared for working professionals who decide to go back to school. What most appealed to me about the school was the convenience. It is a flexible program that allows you to either have evening or weekend classes. You are in an accelerated program that only takes up one evening per week for three hours. They have several locations allowing more availability for the classes you are looking for. Another plus was the affiliation my job had with the school, making tuition reimbursement and applying for aid easier.

If I could go back in time and give myself advice about college life I would enhance my studying skills. It became apparent with college that I had no idea the best way to get all of my studying done and in time. I had class after class and a lot of reading. I often felt overwhelmed but later come to realize it was because the way in which I studied was horrible. I would study in front of a tv, with plenty of breaks for phone calls and whatever else I could use as a distraction from my work. I think the most important thing to learn before entering college is that sometimes we outgrow friends and make room for new ones. I was most worried about not having friends in my first year. Most of my friends were not interested in going to school. I didn't think I would get anyone who would understand me. I was so wrong! Going to college is like visiting a different country. There are so many sites to see and so many different people to meet. My advice is to take a deep breath, stay focused and be you!

Kaitleen

I would advise myself to go out more often freshman and sophomore year. I sometimes stayed in because of morning classes. The end of sophomore year one of my best friends died. I would have advised myself to spend more time with her before she was gone.

Carolyn

Some of the students at Emmanuel are very Catholic, while others practice others religions, and others practice none at all.

Having tranferred colleges my sophomore year, I got an opportunity to relive the application and selection process of schools. My second time around I had completely different things in mind than what I did my Senior year. I focused more on how much laundry costed, what the security of the dorm buildings was, how the meal plan worked, did the school have a church neary by, and what there would be to do on the weekends. If I could talk to myself Senior year, the first thing I'd mention would be the convenience of a school. The college I went to Freshman year was a great school, and as I originally described it, 'cute'. However, it was a 30 minute drive from any major cities, had one small pharmacy in the town, and despite being a wide open area it became a hassle when I needed to buy something or wanted to go to the movies. Although I dealt with this for the rest of my Freshman year and it wasn't too bad, I'd certainly tell my Senior year self to picture actually living there instead of just judging whether it was cute.

Emmanuel College is a small, Catholic college located in a popular area of Boston.

Emma

My school was all women and then it went Coed in 2001. It is a small school and is right in the middle of Boston.

I really don't think that there is anything I could have listened to back when I was a high school senior. The only best thing you can do as a high school senior is get good grades, be nice to your teachers and really get to know who you are. I don't think its realistic to give an advice about overachieving and being perfect. I think overall its a matter of knowing who you are, having dreams and as silly as they may seem believing i them and being open to experiences.

I would have wished to know about different careers, such as nursing. I had never known what a nurse does, and now that I know, I can't believe it took me this long to start the career. I also wished someone would have forced me to go to a state school, now my loans seem so overwhelming.

Zoe

Focus more, work harder. Don't slack off or it really will come back to haunt you.

Gorgeous campus, small classes, good friends, good food.

marta

My school is very small, we have small classes and this give us the opportunity to have a direct realthionship with the professor and with the other student in the class. The campus is small but very well organized and clean. Everything is easily accessible, and we have a lot of green around. Emmanuel is situate in fenway part at 2 minutes walking to 2 different t stop on the D and C line and this allow you to reach easily every destination in Boston or around Boston. It's very good for commuters. The food is healty and good.

If I could talk to that girl that last year stared college, I would tell her that medicine it is not really what she wants, but it is instead what her mom wanted for her, I would tell her to register for psychology and philosophy classes and to not worry because her mom will not stop loving her no matter what. I would tell her to get organized, to stay away from drugs because they won't solve her problems, to be truth to herself and follow her passions. I would tell her to not worry bacause even if she is far away from home everything is going to be ok. I would tell her to not be impatient, to enjoy her 18s and to not rush to grow up, because growing up is not as exciting as she thinks. I would tell her to stay away from certain people and to instead not be afraid to get closer to others. I would tell her to take advantage of all the opportunities boston has to offer, and to not be afraid to go out and live her life. As a last think i would tell her that I love her.

Since is a small school, after a couple of years you get to know basically everybody at school. It's like beeing in Highschool socially wise. People talk about other people and I hate this. The doorm's room are very small and you don't really have your privacy. Some people is more priviledge then others and sports are to intense for a division 3 school. They are very attached to money, and there are a lot of cocky people.

Clara

I would tell myself that it is not the name of the university that matters. It is whether or not the school fits you. The most important aspect to keep in mind is if the school has your majors and minors. It is not all about how others will judge the school name. Just keep in mind it what you do when you attend college and what you make of it. The familiarity of the school name is other a very small part of the college decision process.

The best thing about the school is the food because it has the best food out of all the colleges of the fenway. We can take care of our body while we are at school, while in other cases students tend to gain weight.

I wish I had known more about the language department. How many different languages the school offfered?

drunk catholic school girls

drunk catholic school girls

Examine each college choice throrughly Visit every college choice Medium to Large sized College Know your rights about education and financial aid Apeal Financial Aid Awards

Simona

For its freedom of religious views among students, even though it is a Catholic college. It is a small school, but is centered in the middle of a large city, so it feels like the city is your campus.

I would suggest looking at different schools to compare their size and location. Then, choose what fits their taste best. Once there is a handful of schools left on the list, it is much easier to focus and pick the school that will bring out the most out of the future student. Since tuition is a major factor in many students' decision-making, it is better to figure out the financial part of the deal before commiting to a certain school. Once that is over with, the rest is up to the student. It is important to get involved in extracurricular activities on and off campus once the school is chosen. Living on campus has its benefits, because it is easier to make friends that way. College is like a training base for the future life, so I suggest taking it more seriously than high school and think about the consequences of your actions. The greatest thing about American schools is that there is an opportunity to pick a major without commiting to it from the very beginning. There is time to decide, and I suggest to use that time wisely.

Emmanuel is a small school. It is easy to communicate with professors and advisors, yet at the same time there are countless opportunities for choosing my career in the future.

Davina

Emmanuel is small and Catholic, but not very conservative (however, it is easy find like-minded people if you are). The big city is outside the walls of the campus, but it doesn't necessarily feel like it with small classes and a community feel. I feel like I recognize a lot of people on campus, even if I don't necessarily say hi to them yet. It takes only a few minutes to get to class, which is really fantastic when you have an 8 AM class.

Answer the following questions before you begin your search: 1) What can we afford to spend? How will we pay for college? 2) City? Suburbs? Country? 3) Big school? Medium-sized? Small school? 4) What is important for my ideal school to have? (example: strong sorority/fraternity presence, small classes, religious foundation, proximity to public transportation, literary magazine, good music program, etc.) 5) What might I be interested in persuing for a career? (example: business, liberal arts, art, etc.) These are really the most important, and I wish that I had thought to answer some of these questions before beginning my college search!

I wish that I had a better idea of what I planned to do after college. It really feels like crunch time since I am already halfway through college and JUST realized what I think I would like to do after college (and it isn't in my declared major!)

Emmanuel College-Boston administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.