Emory & Henry College Top Questions

Jermaine

The cost of the tuition and figuring out how to pay it.

The frustrating thing about Emory & Henry College is that it is a private institution. Therefore, the tuition is expensive, although the college is frequently listed in the U.S. News and World Report as one of the best college buys in the nation. Although E&H is expensive, what you get is personalized attention since the classes are small. While E&H is not for everybody, it is an expensive tuition that pays dividends in the long run.

The most frustrating part about Emory and Henry College is that it is so expensive. Emory and Henry College's tuition is $28,966 (per year). The room in which you are living is $4,926 (per year). The Board is $4,854, which totals it to be $38,746 (per year). It's an amazing, challenging school, but it's hard to pay for such an expensive school when your parents make less in a year than what it costs to go to Emory and Henry College.

Veronica

Emory is small and there isn't much to do on and around campus. The surrounding area is also really small and the stores you need or want aren't located within a reasonable distance. Also, my bank Member One isn't found in the Emory area which makes transfering money difficult. Emory also needs more food options on campus. We only have three places on campus to eat and most fast food restaraunts are at least 6 to 8 miles away from campus and nicer restaraunts are around 20 miles away.

Jalan

The classes are pretty hard in general. Also the classes that are uneccessary are more and more. I believe you should take the classes you need and get a degree quicker and for half of the money.

The most frustrating thing about school is in the beginning you feel like you cannot manage your time. You feel swamped with all the work you're doing and you have to get used to the adjustments. Especially if you do a sport, you feel more stressed out.

The most frustrating part of my school is the cost. Although they help me out as much as they can with FAFSA and with different work study jobs, the cost of attending school here is wearing on my bank account. I work 80 hour weeks in the summer in order to keep a cushion in my bank account for the school year, and although this is true, somehow I am still quickly making my way through my savings in order to keep up with living here. If I could somehow afford this place with less stress, I would be happier.

Parking Tickets!

Ed

The food services.

Luke

Some places are a long way off.