Emory & Henry College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Emory & Henry College

Adeline

My overall opinion about Emory and Henry is that they tried to get every student involve with something. There is always help of you need some. They make you feel like you party of a family. You don't have to be involve in sport. They have many different activity student can get involved in.

Amber

I love Emory & Henry! I am so glad that I chose to go here! It provides a great community feel and many educational opportunities. The college may be small, but it is what creates the rural community around it. The opportunities are endless when you go to E&H!

Terrible school overall, the only people leaving good reviews are probably staff or the few people involved for in our pathetic excuse for Greek life

Damon

I believe Emory & Henry is a great school! It is small but, it's a school that can keep you on task and on topic . Many of the current students on campus are athletes. If you're not an athlete, then most likely you are here for the arts of the school. People are friendly on campus and are very welcoming to kids that aren't from the area. I believe the professors are more one on one with the students and it is a great academic college. They try to push you and get you to improve in all levels. At the end of the day, I'm glad I chose Emory & Henry.

Mackenzie

Emory & Henry college is an extremely open and inviting community. I instantly felt at home when I visited the campus for the first time. The professors and students are always willing to help and the sports teams are improving every year, with the equestrian team having 20 national titles.

Allison

Emory is a great place to go to school if you are looking for a tight knit community. Everyone at Emory is super welcoming and excited about campus life. However, the outside activities at Emory don't have much of a variety. The cost to go to school there is quite costly, however, there really is no place like Emory.

Carter

I transferred to Emory & Henry from a university with 31, 000 undergraduates. Almost immediately upon arrival at E&H i knew this was going to be a place where I succeeded. The people here are genuinely concerned with your success. The professors are always open to help and make sure you are succeeding.

Ben

Emory and Henry college is a great institution. Whatever you want to pursue this is a great place to come. Whether you love art, theater, or sports this college has it all. It is very safe and the academics are great. It was a great choice to come to this school.

Emory & Henry College is one that feels like home. This college is very academically challenging, but you know that when you leave you will fully be prepared for the next chapter in your life. Emory & Henry College not only prepares you for your career but it also gives you a well rounded personality. Here you get to learn and grow as a person, learn who you are, what you like and dislike, you can even discover your religion and political views. Emory & Henry is so accepting and makes you feel comfortable discovering yourself.

Haley

It is a great community and you definitely find your people. The classes can be tough but they really broaden your horizon so to say. Class sizes are small, and that makes it easier for those who don't like big crowds, and gets you more involved! Campus is the most prettiest in the fall, since there are a lot of trees around campus, you see a lot of popping colors.

Amber

The school is perfect for those wanting to attend a small college that focuses on the individual. The campus is a very friendly and welcoming environment for all.

Laura

Emory and Henry is known for being “Emory and Henry High school” for a reason. This is a very expensive private school that does not offer a real college experience for the price. As a student, I wish I had transferred earlier before I was stuck because credits barely transfer from this school. As a whole, the college does not care about their students and does not improve the school for their benefit but improves it for the alumni who donate money. The campus is not a safe environment as several title 9 cases were not handled well and dorms are easily accessible. Living off campus is near to impossible because they have made it a rule that students must be 23 or older to move off campus. Most students do not graduate within four years because it’s recommended students take around 18 credits each semester to stay on track. Food wise the campus has minimal options and you can often see leftovers being used for meals in the cafeteria. Professor wise I have felt like they often play favorites because of the class size. Overall most students who stay to graduate do not enjoy the school but continue their education just because they are so far in credits and are struggling mentally because it is not positive environment. As of the 2018-2019 school year, Emory let go of several professors and faculty but were not very clear with their students as to why. It is a college that can not keep up with others and it is very obvious.

Cassidy

Emory is an amazing school. Everyone here is so nice and helpful. The class sizes are also really good, because they are smaller you are able to connect with other students and the teachers. The teachers all want you to succeed and care about your well being so they will do everything they can to help.

It is a great school, great people and food. The school hosts a variety of activities for the students, including a art gallery and outdoor adventure. The school also offers a specialty degree made for those who want to work in museum curation, which is not found at many schools. The school works hard to be inclusive and expand the students knowledge.

Sophie

This College is everything to me, my home, where my friends are, where I met the love of my life, where I practice and learn about my passion, and belong to the sports team I enjoy the most. Overall, Emory and Henry College is a very active college for being so small and in the middle of rural South West Virginia. It is like being part of a family, the professors are extremely approachable, the administration is not intimidating and I even get coffee with Dean Jolie Lewis regularly. I am extremely happy with the support of this College and the success I have been able to have from all the resources presented to us and the overall guidance of the staff.

Take our Scholarship Match Quiz!