Atlanta, GA
Emory University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Emory University

Brittney

Though my school is highly diverse, this diversification is segregated. Majority of the people hang out with mostly people of their own ethnicity. Also, the pressure to have good grades can sometimes be overwhelming and we aren't really a sports school so there's not the same kind of school spirit for games.

Majority of the students of my school seem to be sheltered or at least not used to areas like NYC (excluding Manhattan). They are very goal and study oriented.

The professors are good. My favorite class is my freshman seminar, where the teacher is so animated and passionate about what she is teaching. Though not all of my teachers are like that I have a pretty pleasant experience overall.

Oluwatosin

Not until recently, after thinking of the most important pieces of advice, did I come to the realization that giving insight to myself of college’s forthcomings would have ruined the exciting wonder of the unknown. Attending a university is a huge learning experience and some of them may be unfavorable. I can honestly mention that I am comfortable with all occurrences thus far in my college experience. I believe that both positive attributes and negative ones contribute to a successful college experience. If I had not gotten a less than desired grade on my first African American Studies argumentative paper, I would not have displayed as much appreciation after months of “trial and error” when receiving my first A. Also, say I had not gotten off at the wrong MARTA train station, I would have missed out on a rather unique journey exploring the night life in the city of Atlanta with my friends. I hope as a senior I would remember that college is what I have deemed the “Kingdom of Trial and Error”: it is best to be open minded in general but cautious when making decisions, especially important ones, and to accept what is destined.

The best attribute of Emory is the variety of activities available on campus. They offer students the ability to socialize with students who may have similar interests and also learn about new subject matter. They range from research with notable individuals, an almost overwhelming number of unique clubs to choose from and to the numerous opportunities to participate in community service projects. A strong advocate for the presence of community service initiatives, such as campus wide service programs, like Emory Cares Day, Emory has certainly proved to be a fulfilling option for me.

I wish I had at least been advised about the consequences of going out of state for college. An out of state education means increased tuition, in many cases less financial aid and more stress in terms of monetary issues. Knowing this ahead of time would have at least prepared me for the hardship to come. In all though, attending Emory has taught me to take this as a learning experience.

Brea

Emory is a great school for dedicated, hard-working students.

Emory is a great school for dedicated, hard-working students.

The diversity is hyped up, but it is hard to see it physically around.

I would tell myself not to expect the same attitudes out of college professors, and to be aware that the variety of teaching styles go way beyond what high school can show you. I would tell myself to be prepared to deal with a larger variety of people, and enjoy being able to be surrounded by so many new people at one time. I would tell myself to NEVER be afraid to ask questions nor to speak up!

Ridwan

I wish I would have known about more scholarships so I could have applied because books are not cheap. They will be costing me a fortune and I wish I had applied to more scholarships so they would have heped me during my financial situation.

The best thing about our school is the diversity and the academic atmosphere on campus. Even before entering my freshman year in August, I have met numerous individuals from not just America, but international students from all over the world. Every individual I have met from Emory so far has a passion for what they are studying and the professors could easily be named the best in the country.

Zoe

Emory is such a diverse school and I believe that there really is something here for everyone. There are all types of people here, staff included! Yes, everyone is different, but everyone belongs.

I love the fact that students have a major say in how things are run here at Emory. Whether it's from deciding what type of couches should be in the library, to the types of food that are served in the cafeteria, students are always able to give their opinions and have their voices be heard.

ashley

go to college to get a degree something that interest you. you may thank that you don't need it but thank about this: what if the enconemy crashes and you job dose y with your job that leaves you job less and just thank you might have other people like your kids that depend on that income as well and now ou out of a job and you thought money was tight it get even tighter. thank you might be a single parent???????

Li-ling

Everyone is from everywhere, diversity rules at Emory.

Everyone is from everywhere, diversity rules at Emory.

Hey don't be naive and get discouraged if you fail. In high school it's easy to get ahead, but when you go to college everyone will be the same as you if not better and competing towards the same goals. Be more assertive and confident and don't be afraid to try and reach for what you want. Even if you devote all your time towards one thing and still don't get it, it's okay. You are just beginning.

Hard to get financial aid if you fall under middle class.

Ailya

Work hard and play hard

Work hard and play hard

Looking back I would probably start my college career at a public school with lots of financial aid and funding. As long as one does well academically at a public school, they are eligible to attend a great private graduate school and incur less debt and the costs as opposed to attending private undergraduate and graduate school.

My school is best known for its outstanding academics as well as its great diversisty. Emory is also known for having a strong balance between athletics and academics, as demonstrated by the success of many of its athletic teams.

I would tell myself to hold off and not apply Early Decision to Emory so that I could see what oterh schools I was accepted at. I would also tell myself to spend more time with my family and not worry about those friends who I really didn't care for with the promise that with a new school comes new, better friendships. I would also advise myself to enjoy the time I had at home, even though I was bursting to get away. Most importantly though I would tell myself to enjoy the ride, that things will come up and obstacles are unavoidable but that with focus everything works out just fine.

I wish I had known about the high cost of attending Emory. I also wish I had known that while Emory has many resources it does not advertise them readily nor does it offer much guidance to the students. I wish I had know that the advising programs used at the beginning of the school year do not accurately advise students in classes, majors, etc.

Emory University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.