You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Emory University
Variable rate loan
As a memember of a fraternity, I have to say that Greek life is the best thing about Emory. It make social networking a hell...
As a memember of a fraternity, I have to say that Greek life is the best thing about Emory. It make social networking a hell of a lot easier and it's fun to be around a huge group of cool guys that have similar tastes and ambitions, but who are still diverse in personality. Emory often feels a little bit too small in terms of its student body. At times it seems that everyone knows everyone through Greek life, classes, etc. However, most of the time, it seems just right. It can often feel like a cozy little community. The Emory Administration seems to be a bit greedy. Students who are not on financial aid pay about 45,000 dollars to go here, and yet we are still over-charged on parking, books, printing, food, etc... Sometimes Emory feels like a money-hungry corporation. There's not much school pride at Emory, but it's definitely growing. Emory students know how to party. If there was a way to calculate the ratio between partying and studying, one would discover that Emory students somehow find a way to do a lot of both. I suppose Emory students are pretty intense in both social and academic activity.
While Emory has a diverse student body, different ethnic and social groups do not intermix well. Asian students hang out with other Asians, Jews with Jews, black students with black students, etc... Most Emory students are from suburbs of large cities (New York, Chicago,and Boston seem to be the most common). One only needs to visit an Emory parking lot to understand the financial background of Emory Students (sometimes it looks like an Audi or BMW dealership here) Many students are politlcally aware. Since a bulk of the student body is from the northeast, it seems that students are mostly politically liberal.
It is true, that many Emory Students fit the aforementioned description. However, most of these students are concentrated in Greek Organizations, which only make up 30% of the student body. The other 70% of Emory is rather diverse, not only ethnically, but socially.
My experience in Emory academia revolves around the English department: - Great teachers who are friendly, approachable, and extraordinarily intelligent - I have found the liberal arts education at Emory to be extremely inspiring - Some students have intellectual discussion outside of class. Some students party. - The Business School at Emory is geared for students to find jobs, the liberal arts education is geared toward learning for its own sake
Sometimes it seems that social life revolves around Greek life. Much of the bar and party scene does revolve around fraternities and sororities. However, I'm sure that there is a broad and diverse social life beyond the walls of Greek life. 2am on Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, or Saturday, you are Maggies Bar and Grill (Emory's dive bar). Emory has some pretty impressive guest speakers (Jimmy Carter, Salmon Rushdie, The Dalai Lama). I hope that most students take advantage of these opportunities.
The most common stereotype is that Emory Students are rich, Jewish, and Jappy. It is said that most of us are from Long Island.
We use student reviews and the most current publicly available data on our school pages. As such, we don't typically remove or edit college information.
Sources for school statistics and data include the U.S. Department of Education's National Center for Education Statistics and the Integrated Postsecondary
Education Data System. Portions of college data include copyrighted material, which is reproduced on this website by permission of Wintergreen Orchard House,
a division of Carnegie Communications. © 2009-2016 by Wintergreen Orchard House. All rights reserved.
Emory University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.