Atlanta, GA
Emory University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Emory University

Sally

I'm basing my review off of my experience of talking to second year students from the new students Facebook page, and so far, Emory University seems like a well rounded school. When I had a question, I was immediately put in a group chat with other second year students who have had the same problem I did. Also, I talked to one of the students about my religion and finding a church in the area, and he was so welcome and went above and beyond on introducing me to his church group.

Garrett
Great School

It is an amazing university with great opportunities.

Great School

It is an amazing university with great opportunities.

Sam
Review

Review

The best way to feel at home at Emory is to get involved on campus. There are so many opportunities to take leadership roles here. Emory is definitely not a party school and the on campus parties can get dull after your freshman year, but Atlanta is a really cool city to explore. A lot of upperclassmen will throw their own parties which is what becomes the main social scene as you get older. Academics are rigorous but doable if you have good time management skills.

Letisha

Students will disappointed at Emory University's Oxford College campus if they want a large school feel with a huge sports culture. Students should also not attend Oxford if they desire to attend school in a major city. Despite being 30 minutes from Atlanta, Oxford has a very rural feel.

Do not be afraid of failing courses or of classes being too challenging. Instead, focus on putting forth the time to be your very best. The brain is like a muscle; the more that you work it, the stronger it gets. Intelligence is not a fixed ability; you can excel at whatever you desire. Pursue research opportunities that Emory has to offer.

I loved the intimate community of Emory University's Oxford College campus. Professors were very helpful and had the ability to provide personal assistance because of the small class sizes. The liberal arts curriculum exposed me to a variety of fields. This has been of benefit now that I have decided to change careers. Some of the core classes that I would have otherwise not taken were required for graduate school. Also, Oxford has awesome service-learning & leadership opportunities for undergraduates.

Nury

The transition to college is crucial to becoming a full-fledged college student and if not done well, it could affect your first year college experience as well as your future career. As a graduated high school senior, I felt like I could conquer the world and assimilate to college life easily, especially because I was going to school in-state and my parents as well as many high school friends were relatively close. I was completely wrong to think my life would not change dramatically so the most important piece of advice I could give is to not only expect everything to change, but also to let go of your old life. As a college student, you'll have different teachers, friends, and a different living space. As this is accepted, the transition to college life becomes so much easier. However, stay true to yourself, meaning do not trade your values and morals for anything, which can be tempting when you see yourself alone. The truth is, the other first year students are as scared as you and chances are, you will find a group that share the same interests as you. Obstacles are better tackled as a team.

Emory caters to individuals concerned with improving the community through acts of community service and a rigorous higher education. Students not interested in trying to empower the world and its individuals should not attend this school. People not prepared for an arduous workload in courses should also refrain from applying to this four year accredited university.

If I could pinpoint anything that upsets me about my school it would be the lack of diversity on campus. In the real world, you are surrounded by a variety of cultures and languages. In order to be successful in the real world, I feel you must immerse yourself in a diverse setting rather than isolate yourself in a bubble consisting of people sharing the same language and culture. On the bright side, Emory has increased its number of minority groups in recent years, accepting a larger portion of Hispanic/Latino, African American, and Asian/Pacific Islander students.

Justin

Emory is a successful business that produces brilliant, young minds for the world to consume.

I would tell past Justin to realize the role of money and the practical nature of money that defy his idealistic aspirations. Private universities are a business, and like all businesses they want to make as much profit as possible. So don't succumb to the temptations of forgetting just how much of a sacrifice his parents are making for the sake of their son. I would also tell him to enjoy the college experience but to never for one second put faith in it. College should not be the greatest period of his life. It should simply be a brief moment of transition towards discovering more about who he is until he discovers his passions and pursues them for the rest of his life.

The distgustingly large endowment it has and its relatively miniscule allocation of that endowment towards academic funding.

Tichelle

My classmates are independent, determined, culturally sensitive individuals that aim to make a difference in the world using their educational background and life experiences.

College will be nothing you dreamed of, but more than you ever expected. I know you have excelled in high school and expect the same at Emory University, but understand there will be some challenges along the way. While your grandmother, aunt, and mom may encounter complications with kidney and heart failure during college, do not be ashamed to seek counseling and persevere so that you continue to excel academically and strive towards becoming a cardiologist that helps prevent and manage heart failure. Also, realize your high school education was not the same as your new peers who may be more academically prepared than your background allowed. You must be dedicated and unashamed to seek tutoring to eliminate the educational gap between you and your peers. However, while college may have challenges and not be as glamorous as MTV movies portray, it will be a time for you to grow, learn, and laugh. Four years will produce an independent, productive young woman who, despite educational disadvantages, consistently makes the Dean’s list, leads community initiatives, and produces research worthy of publication. College will provide you with a lifetime of friends, opportunities, and positive generational changes within your family and others.

The worst thing about my school is its location relative to the city of Atlanta. This makes it hard for students without cars and money for taxis to explore the city of Atlanta.

I wish I had looked through all the programs and extracurricular activities they offered, so I would be able to try ones that I liked right off the bat.

I would tell myself that I should plan ahead and be more proactive about my career path. Choosing not to care because the future scared me only made me have to go to a college that I disliked. I would tell myself that the choices that I made right now would affect me in the future. I would tell myself that it's okay to feel scared and anxious about the future and that it's okay to talk it out with people. It won't make me less of a person if I showed these more vulnerable sides of myself with other people, it will only make me stronger.

This is a very diversified and friendly school with many intellectuals.

Emory University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.