Atlanta, GA
Emory University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Emory University

Behinia

Grab ahold of the concepte that you are fully on your own. Grasp the feeling of exploring and let go of what teachers and parents say. Listen to yourself, but use the tools they have bestowed apon you. Find out your major or calling in life. Research the best school program and what the school cost. Make sure to look into all options. University, Vocational, Community, Institute. After, dive into options In state or out of state and how much the school will coast additional to out of state cost. Do you want hands on or class environments. Then see what your school of choice can offer you as far as programs to help further your education. Also if you have an orientation day, ask as many questions to the people guiding you around the camps. Such as, "Is there a good student to teacher ratio?" and "Is classmate or online help available If I don't understand how to complete a task or a homework site if I miss class?". Make sure to not be too far from home, you still need laundery done, but remain independent and try to do as much while your setting up your future.

Isaac

I believe it is best known for its school of medicine.

I believe it is best known for its school of medicine.

I would tell myself to be more diligent in my efforts in school when I first graduated. I did quite poorly in my first year of college in 2002. I have had to struggle greatly to improve my GPA as I have transferred to several different schools. I would also tell myself to be true to yourself and do what makes you happy.

Persons that are lazy and uncommitted to study

Darrell

Emory is the perfect size and most professors are very engaging and well known in their field. Emory is just far enough away from a big city, and there are plenty of opportunities here. It is easy to feel involved. Emory has a great reputation and I will be proud to have graduated from Emory.

I feel like professors are very research focused, and aside from the Business school there is less emphasis on practical work experience and more emphasis on academic research. I wish professors would help more to get people jobs in industry instead of steering them towards research/graduate school.

During the week, spend a couple hours each day in the library. Even if there isn't work due tomorrow, it can help to do some work every day in a productive setting. Realize that classes are important, but so too are the relationships you will make and the things you will do. Make your college experience one that you will remember fondly. Choose good people to be around and relish your time with some of the closest friends you will ever have.

Jacqueline

Preparing students for the health or business fields

Preparing students for the health or business fields

Knowing what I know now I would tell myself to not have a cow. College is fun and exciting Where I was, all the people were very inviting. I would tell myself to cherish my seniority and final days on top, Because as a freshmen you’re at the bottom of the pot. Go to college with a blank slate, Make those appointments and keep those dates. Be sure to spend time with mom and dad Because you WILL miss them and be sad. Keep focused until the very end, And with friends, make amends. Trust your instincts and your college decision Don’t regret or cut yourself with an incision. Because everything happens for a reason And the reason will reveal itself in season. Also, the college ads for specially priced dorm gear, laundry services, and yearbooks- beware Because once you get here, nobody cares. (And they’re actually not cheaper). Oh yeah, and be wary of cupcakes and heavy meals Because freshmen 15 is real.

It is really pretty and renovated

ODez

Anyone who cannot handle academic pressure of any kind should not attend this school. This institution is extremely competitive and the student are constantly competing with one another to be the best.

I believe that the biggest mistake that I made during my first year in college is not taking advantage of the resources that my school offered. Coming from a highschool where I barely had to study to get good grades, I believed that I might be able to do the same thing in college. That was not the case. College is very different from high school and requires so much more work. Even when I thought I was doing everything that I could do, I really wasn't doing enough. I would just advise myself to take advantage of the writing center to help me with my papers, take advantage of the tutors that are available to help all students at pretty much any time, and to take advantage of creating personal relationships with professors by visiting their office hours constantly whether it be to ask questions or to just have a normal conversation with them.

I believe that the most frustrating thing about the school is the difficulty of the classes. Sometimes when you think that you are doing everything you can to do well in a class, it just doesn't pay off. There is so much emphasis on doing well academically at this school.

The opportunies given and the school's beauty makes it unique.

The opportunies given and the school's beauty makes it unique.

I would tell myself to learn how to use an agenda. Writing down homework, activities, and meetings is important in college. It seems easy, but there are more than just 2 homework assignments and 2 meetings to remember. Writing down everything helps you get organized, too. I would also tell myself to be open-minded of people. Some of our best friends in college are people we never would have spoken to in high school. This leads me to think that there are lots of people I’ve lost the opportunity to know. Communication and organization has been the most important changes in my transition to college.

Someone who is lazy or not determined should not come to this school. The school gives contiunous hard work.

Kayliph

Emory University is a place that will challenge you academically, mentally, socially , and physically, but it is well worth the journey.

My classmates are driven individuals who strive to do their best in every arena of life.

Kevin

Emory University is a academiically rigirous school that pays for itself through networking opportunities in fields such as business and media/entertainment

Emory does not have a football team, nor is it Division I school

Every semester matter. It is not smart to try hard for one semester and to lose that motivation for another semester. This idea is very important because your GPA is also a cummulative number that builds off of the previous semester. Thus, there is no time to give half of your full potential. Your time is precious, don't waste it.

Samuel

Know everything about your school before you apply. There are resources available to tell you everything there is to know about the schools to which you are applying. Student surveys and news rankings can help you pick the right school for you. Things to consider include students' relationships with faculty, the availability of academic and psychological support, and the condition of the school library. Most importantly, choose a school that is affordable, because the stresses of financial application can often be very difficult to endure. Your studies in college will undoubtedly be harder than they are high school, but that does not mean your life has to transform dramatically. Pay attention in lectures, take notes, and ask questions when you don't understand. Review what you can before class to avoid cramming. If you budget your time well, retaining the information you learn will become second nature. Finally, no matter what catastrophe you think you're suffering, don't panic.

I wish I had done more research about other schools before applying to Emory. When i read about this school, I assumed every other college would be the same in terms of financial costs as well as campus life.

Elisabeth

Dear HIgh School Me, As you start your journey to adult hood, picking a college may be one of the most important components to your life in the future. My advice to you is to pick a college that has a program best suited for you. One of the most important things to consider when considering when choosing college and a career is to choose something that you are going to love and throw your heart and soul into. Making money is always fun, but if you go to college and put so much time, effort, and money into something you don't enjoy doing, you will not have a fulfilling life. Please pursue your passions, and do what you love. Also, i encourage you to plan ahead, save money, make a budget (and follow it), and apply for as many scholarships as possible! Your life will be much easier if you put time into planning financially for your future. It would be best to try and graduate college with the least amount of debt at possible. If you follow these few pieces of advice, you may very well be secessful after college. Best of luck!

Emory University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.