Emory University

« See more reviews of Emory University

Describe a typical weekend.

Since Greek life is so big here, you will definitely experience at least one Hall Crawl or a themed frat party if you attend Emory. Whether you are in Greek life or not, there are so many frats especially with such nice houses, that you are bound to step into a party. But the good thing about Emory is that there are other options since you are near a city. Atlanta has tons of bars, lounges and clubs, but you have to be of age, however, usually clubs have special 18+ nights. Maggie's is a huge hot spot for people, especially since it is so easy to get into and everyone ends up there by the end of every Friday night, so you are bound to know someone to hang out with and/or chill with. A typical weekend for someone who parties would go like.... Frat party hall crawl on Thursday Date party with a frat or sorority on Friday, and then end up at Maggie's workout at the gym, attend meetings and/or community service events, then attend Themed frat party on Saturday Sunday- WORK ALL DAY IN THE LIBRARY! For those who aren't big on Greek life, you can find other things to do like attend a concert, a theatrical show, visit historical sites, attend an Atlanta sports game, go to a museum, play sports with friends or watch a movie with friends. Pretty standard options. But Emory does a good job of uniting the community together with cultural events and big music names like Big Boi and Kid Cudi concerts ON campus! A lot of student groups put on a collaborative event for the greater university so be sure to check them out and be on the lookout for them if you come here!