Emory University

« See more reviews of Emory University

What are some hot-button issues on campus?

The biggest recent controversy on campus is the SAT cheating scandal where an Emory student was charged for taking the SATs for other students, but I am indifferent about this. There isn't a lot of Emory drama on campus because everyone here is pretty chill based on my observations so far... Everything is published in The Emory Wheel, the student run newspaper that comes out twice a week. I personally don't find Emory very politically active, but I could be wrong...

One of the main issues on campus these days has to do with Outdoor Emory (OEO for short), the pre-orientation program for freshmen. Emory wants to get rid of early move-in for freshmen, which would also eliminate the pre-orientation trips. Almost every student who participated in an Outdoor Emory program LOVED it and everyone is looking for ways to let Emory know how important OEO was to them.