Emory University Top Questions

Zana

The best thing about Emory is how progressive the university is. Emory does not settle for mediocrity and that’s reflected in almost all aspects of the intuition. Emory wants its students to grow as scholars and as people. It’s willing to listen to student complaints and suggestions and actively changes things to make them better. From the Theater Program to the Chemistry Department, to the Dining Hall, Emory is very concerned with student happiness and making the institution the best it can be and is constantly striving to be a better more well-rounded campus.

Jayde

There are many opportunities that can arise from attending Emory.

Darrell

Emory is the perfect size and most professors are very engaging and well known in their field. Emory is just far enough away from a big city, and there are plenty of opportunities here. It is easy to feel involved. Emory has a great reputation and I will be proud to have graduated from Emory.

It is really pretty and renovated

Nkiruka

The best thing about Emory University are the diverse opportunites availiable to students that seek them. Emory University sits amidst Emory's hospital, medical school, public health school, business school, law school, and more. This gives students the ability to have research and internship opportunites in their prospective feilds of study and interests!

As a transfer, it is sometimes hard to find your niche and get back into the pace of things, but at Emory my friends as well as myself have found the transition to be really smooth and great. Not only that, but you can find people from all different backgrounds and races associating with each other here at Emory. Community is very big here, and the fact that it is so culturally diverse as well also plays a huge role in creating a great, unique campus and college experience. I think the best thing about Emory is its emphasis on community and health, but incorporating and instilling appreciation and acceptance of all students regardless of race, gender, age, sexual orientation. Emory students are generally pretty friendly and considerate, and dedicated members of community service. You will learn so much from your peers, classmates, and friends here! Everyone seems to be open to meeting and making new friends, and if you are open to others, you will learn and gain so much more in college and in life.

As a transfer, it is sometimes hard to find your niche and get back into the pace of things, but at Emory my friends as well as myself have found the transition to be really smooth and great. Not only that, but you can find people from all different backgrounds and races associating with each other here at Emory. Community is very big here, and the fact that it is so culturally diverse as well also plays a huge role in creating a great, unique campus and college experience. I think the best thing about Emory is its emphasis on community and health, but incorporating and instilling appreciation and acceptance of all students regardless of race, gender, age, sexual orientation. Everyone can definitely find a place here, and more than one friend. Emory students are generally pretty friendly and considerate, and dedicated members of community service. You will learn so much from your peers, classmates, and friends here! Everyone seems to be open to meeting and making new friends, and if you are open to others, you will learn and gain so much more in college and in life.

As a transfer, it is hard to find your niche and get back into the pace of things, but at Emory my friends as well as myself have found the transition to be really smooth and great. Not only that, but you can find people from all different backgrounds and races associating with each other. Community is very big here, and the fact that it is so culturally diverse as well also plays a huge role in creating a great, unique campus and college experience. I think the best thing about Emory is its emphasis on community and health, but incorporating and instilling appreciation and acceptance of all students regardless of race, gender, age, sexual orientation. Everyone can definitely find a place here, and more than one friend. Emory students are generally pretty friendly and considerate, and dedicated members of community service. You will learn so much from your peers, classmates, and friends here!

Oluwatosin

The best attribute of Emory is the variety of activities available on campus. They offer students the ability to socialize with students who may have similar interests and also learn about new subject matter. They range from research with notable individuals, an almost overwhelming number of unique clubs to choose from and to the numerous opportunities to participate in community service projects. A strong advocate for the presence of community service initiatives, such as campus wide service programs, like Emory Cares Day, Emory has certainly proved to be a fulfilling option for me.

Ridwan

The best thing about our school is the diversity and the academic atmosphere on campus. Even before entering my freshman year in August, I have met numerous individuals from not just America, but international students from all over the world. Every individual I have met from Emory so far has a passion for what they are studying and the professors could easily be named the best in the country.

Zoe

I love the fact that students have a major say in how things are run here at Emory. Whether it's from deciding what type of couches should be in the library, to the types of food that are served in the cafeteria, students are always able to give their opinions and have their voices be heard.

Ailya

The facilities

Nakeyta

The best thing about Emory is the endless array of possibilities offered to anyone who walks onto the campus. There are so many elite programs, majors, minors, professional schools, and businesses located on campus, that it is impossible to not find your niche. We have everything from an intensive pre-medical program, to a well-renowned performing arts program. Every aspect of my school is designed to help develop success for people of all ages, races, and gender. The campus is diverse, expansive, and welcoming to anyone and everyone. At Emory, I feel as though I can achieve anything.

The best aspect of Emory is the ever-apparent thirst for knowledge that every student has. This curiosity and eagerness to learn fosters a positive perspective towards education that is utterly contagious, spreading across the entire student body. This openness to discover new things livens up the campus community by bringing everyone together for the common goal of achieving success.

Colin

If somebody is willing to motivate themself and wants to achieve, Emory University is able to make such ambitions into reality. The campus promotes success and individual excellence, while the teachers demand diligence and commitment.

Emory University places much emphasis on community involvement. Students here are always encouraged to escape the "Emory Bubble" and participate in all that the metropolitain area has to offer. Atlanta provides countless opportunities to serve the community, from reaching out to mentor the city's youth to planting trees in surrounding neighborhoods. There are even several "Emory Cares" days, in which the university students dedicate their whole day to a specific service project. Citizens of Atlanta know they can count on Emory students to bring enthusiasm and passion for helping others.

Hillary

Size and location: Not a huge school like UGA, so you're not just a number, but not a tiny school like KSU so you know EVERYONE. In Atlanta, but not right in the middle of the city like GA Tech; Emory is in Decatur, off to the side of the city, but still close to Atlanta and all that it offers.

Esther

Very liberal - gives students the freedom of expressing whatever they'd like.

Ross

The administration's desire to continue rennovating and improving student life, especially for freshmen, through the building of new environmentally-friendly dorms. Emory is constantly improving and expanding.

Emory caters to people with a variety of interests, backgrounds, and needs. If you as an Emory student seek nearly any academic or extracurricular opportunity, you can find something on campus which supports that passion. The university also stresses conscientious practices such as environmental conservation and giving back, in what I percieve as a more forward-focused approach than a number of other institutions. Academically, I also value that students have the option to pursue whatever discipline they choose and leave Emory with a competitive knowledge in the field.

Andima

People are so involved in the community. They are always trying to start new clubs and organizations.

Shaila

The high position status that it maintains at a national level.

Deborah

To save money, Deb uses every kind of discount or frequent buyer card she can find. At Emory, there is no shortage of these kind of deals.

Deborah

Anne has a work study job that practically pays her for studying, easy money for the broke college kid.

Alexia

What I enjoy most at my school, that most of the faculty and administration here are totally committed to each student's success at Emory. Additionally, there are many helpful resources in the career center to assist students in finding the career of choice upon graduation.

The academics are really great and the students are very friendly and want to learn.

I love how assessible to professors are before and after class. Some professors invite their classes over to their houses to get to know the students better, while others give out their personal cell phone number. It makes learning significantly more enjoyable.

The quality of the professors. Most of them are experts in their field and are often authors of books or famous researchers.

Bramwel

Student Opportunity and academic rigor

The professors here are incredibly knowledgeable and engaging. What?s more, the school gives you access to a myriad of internship/research/professional opportunities outside the classroom including the CDC, Yerkes Primate Center, and the Carter Center.

esther

campus resources

Sonia

The community environment, being on campus there are always friendly faces around or a place that you can sit and enjoy eating with friends or read a book on your own. The weather is beautiful and the campus is small enough that you can walk from class to class without feeling exhausted, but its not so small that you know every single student. The professors are so well educated and really want you to learn by engaging the class.

Jasimine

I consider the best thing about my school is the size of the campus, it's not to overwhelming, everything is easy to locate.

Hillary

It has a big city near by but still gives the feel of a small setting if you are in the right parts of campus. You get all the perks of a big city (theatres, sports arenas, dining) but still have the safety and atmosphere of a small city.

I think the best thing about our school is the resources that are available to students with a go-get-'em personality. The professors here are all distinguished members of their field that generally are open to talking to students whenever their schedules permit. Additionally, the availability of study spaces/libraries is phenomenal and the campus is very attractive to look at. Emory has a large endowment that is reflected in its push for environmental friendliness, greater career opportunities and attracting well-known adjunct professors (Jimmy Carter, Salman Rushdie, Dali Lama) to benefit the entire school community.

The best things are the location, because Atlanta is such a vibrant, developing community, and the diversity in the faculty because it exposes you to several different perspectives.

I consider the diversity the best part. I really enjoy meeting people from all over the country with different backgrounds, ethnicities and life experiences than myself. It's fun to learn about other cultures and how other people grew up.

Saba

The difficulty of classes and the type of people on campus.