Emory University

« See more reviews of Emory University

Why did you decide to go to this school?

After researching and reading about Emory, I was sure this was the right school for me. Based on the short essay, "Emory University prides itself on the size, location, reputation, and the weather", and I think Emory definitely meets its standards in all of these areas, but most importantly I think Emory takes so much pride in its community service and civic engagement that I knew this was the right school for me. Community is so important at Emory, and there is always something to do on campus as well as off. After one semester at Emory, I am still in love with how much community this school shares; religious, cultural, service, and Greek. There is always something to be a part of, and if something doesn't work out, you can try something else. It depends on YOU though. Emory does not baby you, and should not. I wanted a school where a large community is emphasized, as well as room for independence and Emory has all of this, amongst other great accolades.

A female student chose Emory early decision for the location, weather. She didn't know about the Claremont pool.

A female student chose Emory for its location and she didn't know there'd be so many students from Long Island.

A female student tells why she chose Emory and what she knows now that she's there.

A female student came to Emory for the excellent academics.