Beverly, MA
Endicott College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Endicott College

Amelia

Endicott College has a rather small student body. There are approximately five-hundred students in my graduating class and because of the small size of the college, I am familiar with who the majority of my classmates are. In the education department, education majors travel together from class to class because we have the majority of our classes in common. It is easy to establish close-knit relationships with classmates when you attend a small school, however, many classmates are from a wide range of locations, making it hard to get together during the summer and long breaks.

"Amelia, Don't Panic!" The thought of applying to college and preparing to leave behind the comfort of high school and home can be a daunting experience. Being a home-body myself, the thought of merely leaving behind my mom and dad to pursue my dreams as a first-generation college student was frightening. I did not know that I would be stepping into the most unforgettable, yet challenging page in the newest chapter of my life. If I could return to senior year, I would begin by telling myself that stress was going to become a newly profound part of life and that money would seem a lot more precious in a very short amount of time. Despite these "not-so-positive" pieces of advice, I would tell myself that making the transition to college is one of the most liberating experiences one can have. Regardless of the stress-beckoning changes, college life has the inanimate power to whole-heartedly better a person, academically and socially. I would tell myself that becoming involved may seem like a challenge but is worth the time and effort. Most importantly, I would prepare myself for the exciting academic endeavors ahead.

Endicott College is a school with amazing opportunities and a facutly and staff that ensures each and every one of it's students that they will be well equipped for success in the real-world after college. Despite these excellent qualities, Endicott College is expensive and it is difficult to afford to come to this school. While many of the students are of the upper middle-class socioeconomic status, those who are not tend to need student loans to cover the gap between the cost of tuition and other expenses and the amount that his or her family can contribute.

I attend a very upbeat school on a beautiful campus.

I attend a very upbeat school on a beautiful campus.

Our school, unlike others, is very pretty both in terms of the campus as well as the people that attend the campus.

Looking back at myself now, I have a lot of advice that I would give myself if I were to go back and talk to myself during my senior year of high school. First, I would tell myself that the first month or so of college is not going to be as great as I would expect. It isn't contstant fun. Due to having seperation anxiety, the adjustment from being at home surrounded by family and lifelong friends to being in a different environment with strangers will be incredibly difficult. I would tell myself that it is important to stay focused on my school work and to branch out and meet everyone I am able to meet, and that in no time I will develope life long friends. The second thing I would tell myself is that it is important to be open with your friends at college. I would tell myself not to hide important parts of who I am. My mother passed away when I was 13 from cancer and I was afraid to tell my friends at school this. However, after telling them I developed a stronger relationship that helped to create bonds with my friends.

Dulce

Creative embracement and the development within to express what you love is what this Institute reflects. It is known for its competitive edge of hands on visualization learning. Students are encouraged to make projects that express their mentality as oppose to just reading chapters from books. This school should be the Creative Institute of Art, encouraging love to be a part of our careers. When you love your career there is no room for complains.

One must be truly, ambitiously driven toward their goals to be able to overcome obstacles we often encounter throughout our journeys. The fundamental idea is to always get back up when we fall, aiming higher up after the drop. Failure is nonexistent, there are only mistakes. We eventually stop being insane and learn from our confusion. Being a student is not as straightforward as it seems at first; focus must invade your being, like it is your destiny. You need to be committed with yourself as a student in order to develop and grow. You are your own best friend, set time for a valuable education. Understanding is learned, experienced and put to practice. You must be prepared to fall at least once. Never give up on yourself and keep seeking the light of consciousness to seed your bright future. You are the voice and future of tomorrow. Let your mind expand and you will find true bliss through knowledge. The gift of wisdom is yours to obtain, grasp it before someone else does.

I dislike seclusion, but some of the people that should think twice before applying to this school are students that don’t demonstrate effort. One must be ambitiously driven toward their goals to overcome obstacles we will encounter throughout our journeys. The trick is to always get back up when we fall, aiming higher after the drop. Failure is nonexistent, there are only mistakes. Students that aren't able to grasp this mentality and develop their character from within, maybe should stay at home. Giving less than your best means you do not love your gift enough.

Endicott College is best known for its beautiful oceanfront campus. It has a great internship program that helps you decide fast if you want to work in the field you are majoring in. While it has a small campus, it is still big enough so you have plenty of people to meet, lots of things to do, and still have attention from your professors that you need.

My idea throughout high school about college was that it is a great place to learn job skills and become your own person. While that is completely right, there is a lot more to it than that. If I could go back and give myself advice I definitely would. First of all I would tell myself to meet and spend time with as many people as possible the first week. Then you will find out what kind of people you really want yourself around in college. Most of all enjoy every moment of every day. Do not sit up in your room especially in the begging because then it will be hard to make friends. Take advantage of everything your campus has to offer, as well as everything around it. Make smart choices in your studies, and in your social life. Almost the most important thing is to manage your time well. It will become very easy to fall behind if you don't. If you do fall behind, there are so many people here to help you, take advantage of them right away. Make the very best out of these four years.

The kind of person who should not attend Endicott College is one who is well preserved, or one who does not like the idea of a small school. People here are very outgoing, and everyone knows mostly everyone. There are many activities that everyone participates as a community. People who are shy will have a really hard time making friends here.

Caitlin

Dear Self, You will make new friends, not for the person you have always been, but because of the person you are becoming. Your friends from high school will also make new friends, but your memories of eachother will not fade. Being yourself is the most important thing in college, study what you want, join chorus, play intramurals, volunteer for charity events. Talk to everyone, this is the time to step out of your comforts and try new things. People will admire your courage to be you in a new setting. You don't need to drink to have fun, infact some of the best saturday nights you'll have will be sober and walking along the beach. Become an RA, its the best thing that could happen to you in college, the skills and experience are irreplaceable. The people are accepting and supportive, and they are all great people. Last, remember to have fun. You are only young once and if you lose that inner child you'll never forgive yourself. Laughter is the secret to making friends in college, everyone has worries and stress. Being around people who laugh helps people just as much as laughing themselves.

The best thing about Endicott College is the stress on intersnahips and carreer. Students are required to complete three internships before graduation. Two during our first two years for 120 hours each, the third is the first semester of their senior year for the entire semester. These internships are required that way students get hands on experience in the fields that are being studied, the internships also allow for students to realize before graduation if they actually can see themselves working in their fields of study for the rest of their lives.

The worst thing about Endicott is that it is continually growing. Each class is bigger than the last and the campus is not big enough to house all the new students. The dining services are limited and each new class is around 150 people larger than the last. New buildings are in the process of being planned, but those living facilities will not arrive for a few more years.

Michele

Young Lady buckle up you are in for the ride of your life. Listen intently to your inner thoughts. Yes, you have led a sheltered life, it is okay to be frightened of the unknown. You have been raised to be independent and think for yourself. You know right from wrong. You say you are not ready to your parents. But, when will you be? You paid for your own private education, recieved high school credi t for classes you devised through work. You wanted to be a lawyer, now you may be too old for that dream. If I knew then, what I have experienced in my life time divorced, three children later and over 30 yrs later . I should have believed in myself with the self confidence I felt to go through my college education back then. Even still you attended college when you could through the two bouts of cancer, divorce and raising three children alone.. There have been ups and downs , but you didn't give up. Finally in the year 2012 you will graduate with an Associates in Liberal Arts. Be proud, acknowledge you are a student for LIFE! Be you not anyone else.

Kristina

I would tell myself to enjoy the time that I had at home and cherish it. I would also tell myself to spend more time thinking about the transition to college, and how I was planning to cope with those changes and the anxiety that goes along with it. I found that I was very confident as I entered college, which was a good thing; however, it was a also a problem because it was a shock to be away from home, and I suffered from some pretty severe anxiety in the first few months of college. Now, I know that I can handle it, and I have adjusted to being away from home. Before I was able to make that full adjustment, however, it was extremely difficult, and it was not just hard on me, but it was also hard on my family back home. I wish I could have been more prepared for the homesickness and the adjustment to being away from home, so that way the entire transition could have been easier. I would tell myself to think about that more, as well as how I should enjoy every second I can with my friends.

I personally do not like the fact that a lot of Endicott College students party and drink alcohol on weekends. It is often difficult to hang out and feel comfortable going to school events, such as dances, because so many students arrive intoxicated. I do not like this because I do not drink alcohol, and I do not like to hang out with people who do. I wish the social life at Endicott was a little different.

I brag most about my academics, my professors, and my work study job on campus. I absolutely love studying criminal justice, and I feel as though the Criminal Justice Program that Endicott College offers is very impressive. The professors are intelligent, well-training, and good at what they do. They make the material interesting, and it makes me truly enjoy going to their classes. I also like my job on campus, in the Dean and Vice President of the Undergraduate's office. I find the work there exciting but not overwhelming. The people are also enjoyable to work with.

Caitlyn

Endicott College is quiet and comfortable, with a beautiful campus and helpful professors.

The most unique features of Endicott are the location and internship program. Endicott is located on the coast of Massachusetts and hosts four private beaches. It is also in a small, quiet town but easily accessible to the bustle of Boston (only 30 minutes away). The internship program is also beneficial to students, requiring students to participate in 120 hour internships during their freshman and sophomore years, and a full semester internship during senior year. It is a good way for students to quickly determine whether their selected major is a good fit.

When faced with the ultimate college decision, do not look at the list of names through boyfriend-colored lenses. When the last week of summer arrives and you have the chance to rekindle your ever-so-great love, please don't. You are eighteen and have picked a wonderful school where you can grow into an independent adult, without someone else (he has two girlfriends, by the way, and you may want to check that out). Don't download twitter. Don't start watching Star Trek: The Next Generation in your free time. Don't get in the habit of weekly Target trips. Don't pick a roommate off of the incoming freshman class Facebook group. Don't keep your door closed all of the time: you do want friends, right? Join the acapella group during your first semester. Go to the gym. Don’t write off the musical as too time-consuming. Withdraw from the “basic” art history class you signed up for. Most importantly, though, don’t worry. By the end of your freshman year, you may not have all the answers you asked for, but you will have answers to questions you never thought to ask.

Casey

I have received many great experiences from attending college, first is how much I have learned and the experiences I received while going to school is the greatest feeling because I can say wow I am the only one in my family that has attended college and that feels awesome. What I've learned with going back to school is learning is an amazing oppurtunity, that all people should have the oppurtunioty to attend college, but can not because of the money issue. We probably have missed several great people that would of became a doctor, lawyer or even be the president of the United States of America, but were never givin that time or money to go to school to become who they were supposed to be as an adult. Being some what able to attend school with being a single mom and live on a fixed income from SSD, try my hardest to get in to school, because I think education is a very important to everyone. Its been valuable to me because; not only am I making myself a better life, I am making a better life for my son. Education is the greatest gift to receive.

Kaleigh

It's strong internship program and small size.

It's strong internship program and small size.

For the past five months I have been attending Endicott College I have grown not only as a student but also as a person. I have seen a complete transformation in my artwork, as well as in myself. My skills in drawing and photography have increased immensely, as have my interpersonal skills. I have been able to move out of my comfort zone and meet new people, while never faltering in my schoolwork. I truly am proud of the grades I received as a freshman, and it’s even nicer knowing that I made great friends and had fun along the way. If I had not moved outside of the safety of my hometown to a school a few hours away, I would never have had the chance to spend time on my own and get to know myself. It sounds silly, but very few people take the time to focus on themselves in every day life. I have come to understand who I am while attending Endicott College, and having done so has led me to achieve more than I ever could have dreamed.

How dedicated my professors are, how beautiful the campus is, how much I love my classes.

Endicott College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.