Beverly, MA
Endicott College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Endicott College

Paige

My school is best known for their internship program.

My school is best known for their internship program.

In my school I am required to do an internship over winter break. My options were an event management company and the other at my old high school assisting in the School to Career office. Picking the school would be the easy route. I am confident I could handle any task and feel completely comfortable. The event company would be a whole new environment for me but a place of my future career goals. Before college I would of chose the high school basing my decision off of it being the easiest and quickest way to gain satisfaction without thinking long term. Now being in college I am dealing with my future and need to make the right decisions. So, I decided to intern at the event management company. I will be out of my comfort zone but underatnd benifial it is in the long run. I will be surround with people in my industry, gain the proper experience, and have a possible job opportunity. In college I now understand that I need to try and make the most smart beneficial decisions for my future that I might not of learned if i did not attend college.

I person who does not seem to have an idea of what he or she wants as a future career because it is private school and very focused on specific majors. If someone does not really know a career path and just wants to do liberal studies a cheaper and public school is more sutiable.

Kc

I have learned so much about myself and college life during the semester and a half I have been in school. I've really had the opportunity to come out of my shell and the people I have met here have been so accepting of everyone they meet. My classes have been extreamly beneficial to my major and I have learned so many new things about Art Therapy that I had never really heard of. All of this has been valuable to my education, however the most rewarding was the winter internship I completed during the month of January. Working in an elementary school with the school psychologist opened my eyes to the professional world and made me realize that this was what I really wanted to do and accomplish after graduate school. All of this wouldn't have been possible without this valuable college experience and I am anxious for what the next three years hold in store.

I wish I had known that its a bit harder to integrate yourself in college life if your not willing to go out and try to interact with people. Also, you need to be open about yourself and let people accept you for who you are because it's not like high school; people want to get to know and accept you for the person you are.

There really isn't much to do on weekends event wise and the events that we do have sometimes aren't quite appealing to the student body as a whole. You can only go to the mall so much and it gets boring on campus on the weekends just sitting around the dorm room.

Kaleigh

Senior Kaleigh, First, you need to relax about making the transition from high school to college; it isn't as bad as you think. Actually, it iss a lot like the transition from middle school to high school; you will experience an academic and social transition. However, unlike the middle to high school transition, you will experience a living transition as well. Some advice that I can give you for dealing with the academic transition is to stay organized. The more organized and focused youare, the easier this transition will seem. I also suggest using a planner/agenda; it helps a lot, trust me. As for the social transition, I won't lie to you, it is quite difficult to leave behind your old friends, but I can promise you that you will meet new people and develop other friendships. The living situation transition is difficult, but if you go into it with an open mind and are understanding and cooperative, you will be fine. Overall, if you go into college with a positive attitude, you will feel a sense of personal success and fulfillment once you have overcome these transitions. You will learn something from each one. College Kaleigh

While my classmates at Endicott are all welcoming and unnique, we all have one thing in common; we all chose Endicott for various reasons and we desire to obtain a degree in our chosen major and we want to have a great college experience.

Endicott College is a close-knit community and a strong insitituion that will help me achieve academic, personal, and professional success.

Alessandra

My school is small and closely interconnected but also pushes for the students to gain a lot of educational and hands-on experience outside of the normal standards.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to make sure to join a lot of clubs and get as involved as possible to allow my name to get out in the open for more opportunities and to get to know a lot more people.

The most frustrating thing about my school is the shuttle off campus.

Andriquez

As a student of a small well known high school, you could say I got by pretty easy in life. I was respected as a great athlete as well as a great person. I was meaning of the word procrastinator in High School. Never did I ever get anything done early and barely on time. Teachers at my high school always gave me second chances, so thats how I managed to get by. I am one to start working very hard at the last minute because I know I have to get it done as oppose to having weeks to complete it. Well as a freshman gone through first semester, I quickly found out there are no second chances. Get it done early and get it done right is the advice I would have given myself. It was hard adjusting to this working habit but I knew I had to act my act together for myself and my mother who is currently struggling to put me through school so that I can have a better life than she did.

At the beginning of the school year, many student activities were put on so that new students could interact with the older students. This helped younger students become more comfortable around one another as well as making many friends. Since the early student activities, there really haven't been any activities. So the many students really only know who they met at the beginning of the year. For such a small school, I feel everyone should be alot closer.

Endicott College is one of the most welcoming schools around the New England Area and arguably one of the most welcoming schools in America. It feels like such a small school by eye, but when your a student, it could feel like a big University at times.

Katherine

My classmates are very intelligent, loyal and hardworking individuals who are commited to their education and growing as people through both academic and social interaction.

I have been in college for one semester and already I have learned so many things. I would tell myself first of all to not be afraid to put myself in uncomfortable situations, because they will only help me to grow as a person. I would also need to understand that hardwork will eventually pay off, but maybe not always in the short run. Through thorough studying, difficult information can be retained for both short and long term periods of time. I would also advise myself to not judge people too quickly, because you never know what one person is going through or how they were raised which may differ from myself. In regards to free time, I would advise myself to get ahead on work as much as possible so that the stress will not build up to the point where it becomes unbearable. I would want to be extremely careful about who I associate myself with because these people can either help you through difficult situations, or cause problems by abusing your trust. Lastly, to utilize upperclassmen who are in my major because they can provide encouragement and support from a firsthand account.

The type of person that should attend this school is someone who is very motivated. This school, especially in my major is extremely competitive to get into and requires a very extensive amount of work outside of the classroom. This course load allows time for students to collaborate with others in order to increase their understanding, so one needs to be able to work well with others. Lastly, they also need to be willing to commit to long hours of studying and work to keep up with the difficult course load.

A fun place to learn and grow but make sure it doesn't change who you are

A fun place to learn and grow but make sure it doesn't change who you are

Hey senior girl, You're on top of the world right now, aren't now? Or at least you feel like you are. Have as much fun as you can right now, because before you know it you will be saying goodbye to people and things you're not ready to say goodbye to. Remember to make every moment count. Go into college with an open mind but stay true to who you are. Keep a strong personality and don't cave under the pressure to feel like you need to change the way you are just to make sure other people are happy; make yourself happy. Act on your gut feelings and don't let friends influence the way you perceive yourself. Keep in touch with old friends, but only the ones that you feel put in the same effort to contact you. Don't stay in touch with the toxic friends that brought you down all through high school, they are no longer worth your time. Be nice to mom and dad when you leave, you will realize how much they do for you and how much they mean to you after a few months apart. Sincerley, Me

Kelsie

Hey Kelsie, So I know you're a senior and the last thing you want to think about is college applications because life is so exciting right now but you need to slow down and think for a minute. College is a huge determining factor in where your life is headed and it's not something to be put off till the last minute. You've always wanted to go to California so maybe you should start looking there. If you continue procrastinating you're going to end up at a college filled with people that are nothing like you. It's important to realize this is basically your first big decision as an adult. Make sure it's a reflection of your personality and not just a convenient option. Either way you'll be happy, but you never know what you could accomplish if you actually set your mind to it. After all, we didn't work our butts off since 5th grade to end up at a mediocre school, right? Oh, and remember to always think for yourself =) It's so easy to fall in with the rest of the crowd.

The academic programs at Endicott are good. Endicott allows you to explore almost any major you're interested in. You can also create your own major or graduate with a liberal studies degree. I think this is good for students who are considering a few different options because they don't rush you into choosing a major.

A small, uneventful, overwhelmingly white, upper-middle-class college on the North Shore of Mass.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would tell myself not to be so nervous about going to college. Like every other high school senior I knew, I was excited to get out of my house and start my life. The closer and closer I approached my first day of college, the more scared I became to start all over again. Meeting new people and being open has never been one of my strong suits. I had many friends in high school and was extremely happy with myself, but I was not quite ready to start over. Once I got to college, I became shy and quiet, although I was the exact opposite at home. Because of this, I did not make many friends my first semester. Towards the end of the year, however, I opened up and made a few great friends. I just wish that I was more myself at the beginning of the year. Now that I have learned from the mistake I made, I wish I could go back to my senior year to remind and encourage myself not to be so afraid.

The school is considered a small school with only 2,000 undergraduate students. I personally like the size, but I know many people do not. Because there are so few students, there are not a great amount of dining areas and some things on campus are fairly expensive. Overall, I feel that Endicott needs to expand thier dining menu so students have a broader choice of what they want to eat or where they want to go for thier meal.

This campus is not very diverse, so someone who is looking for a more ethnic experience should not attend Endicott. Also, the classes are challenging at some points and easier at others. A student who is looking for a great challenge should look at other schools. Endicott does not have surveys for upcoming freshman so if a student is looking to be matched by compatability with their roommate, Endicott is not the school for them.

Jared

Endicott College does not fit the mold of many other schools. The faculty cares about the students and their futures. Going into college, I was told the most noticable difference between high school and college is that the professors will not care if you pass or fail. That's not the case at Endicott.

Upon arriving at your college visit, you will feel as though you belong. One should not worry about the size of the school, location, or any other facets that are told to a high school student. When visiting schools, if you can't wait to leave, that school is not the school for you. When I stepped onto the campus of my current college, I didn't feel like I was a visitor, but I felt welcomed by the atmosphere of the school. No one can tell you what's right for you, so go out and visit as many schools as possible. You won't know until you try, although the process may be drawn out. Goodluck!

The only problem with Endicott is the cost of tuition and housing. Although my family is well off, I have 2 other siblings that have either attended or will be attending college. We have struggled to

Endicott College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.