Beverly, MA
Endicott College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Endicott College

Jamie

My school is beautiful but a bit over crowded. Parking is literally impossible unless you want a ticket.

Parents: talk to your kids while they are applying to college about how it will be paid for! I can't even begin to tell you how often I have cried, worried or freaked out about how I am going to pay for college and the amount of loans I am already buried in because my parents and I did not sit down and discuss money. And please let your child become indepedent whether they're 20 minutes from home or 2 hours. Students: choose a college that makes you happy. You will be there, not your parents. Be outgoing, friendly and most importantly, yourself and you will make tons of friends. Roommates can be awful and sometimes you're stuck with them so make the best of it and just remember it's only a year (unless you can switch). School is always the hardest when you first start a new year or class so don't freak out and things will eventually fall into place if you are doing what you are supposed to and you are asking for help.

An outgoing, academic oriented, beach loving person should attend this school!

Bailey

When trying to find the right college, it is important to first look at the academics of the school, but then look beyond them. A student shouldn't solely focus on the school's academic statistics to make their decision. Instead, college bound students should aim to find a school that provides them with the education they need and a school that they feel happy and comfortable in. The student defines how much they will get out of the college they attend. If the student is in a place that he or she feels comfortable in and enjoys, the student will get more out of the college. Knowlege gained in college should also extend beyond text books and class lectures into actual life experiences. When making the most out of a college experience, it is essential for a student to try new things and surround his or herself with new types of people. Although it is important to be comfortable at college, it is also important for students to get themselves out of their comfort zones occasionally to experience new people and activities. College students should be able to learn in and outside of classrooms, becoming a well rounded person.

I feel the worst thing about this school is it's lack of diversity. I come from a small town in Maine, filled with social cliques of primarily white middle class students. In anticipation of college, I was excited to break outside my comfort zone and become friends with different types of people and learn about different cultures. However, Endicott has less variety in its students than I wanted. I feel an important part of college is to not only be able to learn in classes, but to also learn new things from experiences and the different people you meet.

Someone who is interested in large, busy settings should not attend Endicott. There is definetly a social life at the college, but the campus is quite most of the week. The school has a relatively small population and small classes, so if you're someone interested in large lecture halls and a large campus, Endicott college is not for you.

Caroline

Filled with rich students that get a lot handed to them from their parents and they all act alike.

Look at a variety of schools that are different in location, size, etc. Also, participate in different activities such as open houses or informational days in order to learn more about the college. Attend the school that you can see youself at, not what anyone else thinks.

How similar everyone is, there is not much diversity.

Peter

Having already found the right college and been exposed to the college experience, I would tell prospective parents and/or students these tips. Finding the right college is like finding the right house: you should not settle on a house if it doesn't have that big back yard or extra bathroom that you want and need. Just as a prospective homebuyer makes a list of what they want in a house with a realitor, the student and parent should sit down and make a list of the qualities they would like in a college. Research whether the college offers the child's desired major, the size of the school, location, and all the little intricacies-such as having a personal or community bathroom- that the student desires. It is important to tour the college while it is in session in order to get a feel for the true atmosphere of how the students and faculty conduct themselves on a normal day. As for the college experience, the student will have plenty of time to have fun with friends-it is very easy to get caught up in the outside influences- just make sure the work gets done first.

Without a doubt, the best thing about my school is the great opportunities provided by the internship program. At Endicott a student must complete internships in three out of their four years at the college (a 120 hour internship freshman and sophomore year and a semester-long one either junior or senior year). My freshman year internship experience was beyond my expectations, reinforcing what I had learned in class and inspiring a confidence that sports management is the right major for me.

When I talk to my friends about Endicott College, the first thing I mention is the beautiful campus and the three beaches located across the street. When it really comes down to it, I tell them about the great people- professors, students, my roomates. My friends are shocked that I know the President of the college on a first name basis. Dr. Wiley holds barbeques for the entire school at his beachfront home in order to encourage and establish a more personal connection with his students, which speaks volumes to me about how much he cares about all of us.

Chelsea

This school consists of a welcoming support system of professors as well as a diverse campus of students allowing you to transition into the next chapter of your life smoothly.

I would tell parents to assist their child in finding out the most important aspects of a school that they are looking for and that make them happy. Only then will they be able to decide what school best fits them. For students I would tell them to find out what makes them happy and don't settle for something. There are times to settle on things, but deciding your home for the next four years of your life is not the time to settle. Remember that there are going to be pros and cons to each school, but it is important to find the school that fits your personality and what you are looking for in the education because everything else will fall into place. Don't be afraid to take chances or try something new because these next four years will fly by, and you don't want to look back and say you have regrets. This is the time to make friends that will last forever, find out who you are as an individual, and where you see yourself in the world. It's also the time to experience as many new things as possible!

A person who is shy and to themself may have difficulty transitioning into the social aspect of this school. A person who isn't used to New England weather may not enjoy this Northeastern seacoast school.

Ben

Classmates at Endicott College are determined to achieve success, but also are a helping hand to other students in need.

While in high school, I did not realize how important choosing the right school would be; luckily, I chose the perfect school. However, I did not look at schools as much as I should have. With this gained knowledge, I would highly suggest parents to start early; it is never too early to start looking at schools. Students should visit schools to gain a sense of the social life, campus, and whether the school conforms to their academic needs (the major being present in the college's academia). I would also suggest that a student should feel comfortable. Parents should seek to their child's needs and not their wants. In the end, the student is the one attending the school. Being happy and content with the institution is an essential part to enjoying the experience. Once the acceptance letters are finalized, I would encourage students to become involved. It's quite fun creating a whole new world and I can't emphasize enough about becoming involved. Join a sport. Join the choir. Make a name for yourself at a new place. Going to college is similar to starting your life in a blank book. The student is the author.

I enjoy the sense of community and the spirit that the school encapsulates. The community is diverse and is welcoming to all students. Also, having numerous beaches is a glamorous site. While the work may be tough at times, their are great resources that can help a students understanding of a certain subject. Also internships are required each winter of a students freshman, sophomore, and senior year (a full semester internship). The internships are benficial to a students knowledge about an occupation in his or her field. Endicott College allows students to be at peace and gain a recognizable education.

David

Anytime I tell anyone I go to Endicott they comment on the beautiful campus. It seems that this is what it is most known for. The internship program and single parent programs are also receiving a lot of attention from the media.

First of all, college is something to be excited about. I did not want to leave my hometown and go to college because a lot of my friends were not leaving. I wasn't excited about picking, visiting and applying to schools because I naively thought I had already met better people than those I would meet in college. I wish I had been told or figured out earlier that my friends from home would not change and progress like I did because of my college experience, and this change and maturity would mold me into a better person. For the best experience as a high school senior, ask yourself what is most important to your own happiness. Understand the importance and opportunity that accompanies college and be sure not to take advantage of this. I saw a lot of kids drop out of my college because they were unhappy which led to other problems academically and socially. Make sure that the school puts great focus on something very important to you. Whether it is sports, academics, or even partying, the school should make you happy. I feel that a happy student is more willing to achieve academically.

The location, right on the ocean. Nice campus in relation to other schools. At what other school can you wake up in a mansion overlooking the ocean. It makes you forget about some of the negative aspects of Endicott.

Angela

Endicott College is home to friendly students, engaging and knowledgeable professors and a world of extra-curricular activites that are able to keep any college student entertained and involved.

My classmates at Endicott college are helpful, dilligent and great to work with - many will sure to be life long friends.

If I were to give advice to an upcoming college student and their parents I would tell them to make sure to take their time when deciding on the perfect school. Make sure you look into some schools pretty early into your junior year so you are able to take all the time you need! It's going to be a difficult decision and it is so important to weigh out all of your options, such as rewarded financial aid. I also found it helpful to apply to schools that I had already checked out in person. Before I made my decision to attend Endicott College, I was more interested in a different school that I was almost completley set on. It was not until I toured Endicott College myself that made me change my mind. It was great to see the campus, meet some of the administrators and get the overall vibe of the school. I also had the chance to interact with current students, asking them about their college experience. Once at school, join as many activities as possible, it's a great way to meet people that you may not get the chance to meet in class!

Endicott provided my desired major (Event Management) as well as my backup major (Education) which was very important to me. I also was impressed with its internship program which encourages you to have an internship even in your first year of college in order to allow you real experience in your desired field. This opportunity ensures that you pick the field that is right for you and also expands your networking.

Finding the right college is not always easy. It is a good idea to visit the school beforehand and get a tour of the campus. I would advise students to make a list of things they are looking for from their college, such as on-campus housing, extracurriculars, and so on. This should help you narrow down choices. If you have a friend that attends the college, you should deffinately talk to them about their experience at the school but also keep in mind their views and opinions may vary from your own. If you do not know anyone at the school, it is still a good idea to talk to students when you visit the campus and see if they are happy with the school. It is also important to research what classes you want to take and necessary requirements to graduate. If you are going to live on campus, you may want to check out what is located around the college and the safety and security policies of the college. The process is hard and can be stressful and overwhelming, but I think after visting a college students generally know if they will feel comfortable in the setting.

I volunteer to give campus tours and I am confronted with this often. The best advice about finding the right college is to do your research, push yourself and to take every opportunity that comes your way. One must believe in his or herself and that the student should be involved in the process. My parents pressured me to attend a different college but I had done my research, visited the college and explored opportunities that were available and I was sure that this is where I would most succeed. I am more confident in myself and tried new things starting freshmen year. I had never been in a boat and tried out for the sailing team. I made the team and many friends. I have also been an International Peer Mentor and Orientation Leader. I encourage students to joined many clubs and explore their interests. I have joined many clubs; such as a student run AIGA Magazine called EnSight, the Intercultural club amongst many more. Academically I have challenged myself and was selected to be a member of the Honors Program. You learn a lot about yourself when you push yourself and are fearless in venturing into the unknown.

I love the internship program at Endicott. I was originally majoring in Advertising but after my first internship I discovered I enjoyed the creative aspect of Advertising. At my internship I exposed myself to all the different departments, which led me to the graphics department. I learned more about my strengths and weaknesses and I changed my major to Graphic Design and my Minor to Advertising. I am very grateful to have discovered this early in my college career because I have furthered myself as a Graphic designer in my other internship. I now feel set for succes after college.

A person who is not afraid to challenge themselves. Our campus offers students many opportunities to lead a successful life. Classes are small allowing for more individual attention. The academics are challenging but if the student is driven to succeed it will prepare them for their career. If a person wants to gain hands on experience within their major, Endicott requires an internships your freshmen, sophomore, and semester long one your senior year. Endicott offers many sports and clubs so a student can explore their interests. If a student is also concerned about making friends they will make lasting ones.

Endicott College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.