Endicott College Top Questions

I would tell myself to two major things to get ready for college; first, to start making schedules, and second to learn to manage my money. The first piece of advice is important because in college, you really do have a lot of time on your hands. If you are able to manage it well, you will succeed. There is no need to not go to the gym or not finish work on time since you have a good amount of the day to yourself. The second piece of advice is even more important. If you learn how to manage your money early on, paying off loans will not be as stressful in the end. Save the money from your summer job, limit your spending in school, and apply for scholarships like there is no tomorrow.

The one thing that I would tell my high school self would be to take more chances. Having panic disorder my entire life, I was the type of person who would not put myself out there and always refrained from doing new things. My transition to college was the worst experience in my entire life. I would have panic attacks every day for the entire day. I even went to the transition counselor in hopes of dropping out. I will never forget the day I decided to stay at Endicott. I was sitting on the beach, looking out at the ocean, and I remembered the reason why I wanted to come to this school. Endicott was always my dream school and I decided not to let my mental illness define my college experience.

If I could give advice to my high school self, I would say to master time and money management. After being at college for one month, I have experienced how fast money can go if I don't monitor it. The same goes with time. At one moment I have all the time I need to do my work, then the next moment an assignment is due. If I had watched my spending and made sure not to procrastinate in my senior year of high school, I would have come into college with much better habits than I did.

While a high school student, I couldn't wait to get out of high school life and into the college, "real" life. I thought I was 100{4a082faed443b016e84c6ea63012b481c58f64867aa2dc62fff66e22ad7dff6c} ready and the transition was going to be so easy for me. What I didn't realize was the new life I was hoping for wasn't going to just fall magically into my lap when I arrived here. Finding everything I wanted in college was going to take effort and push me outside of my comfort zones. If I could go back and tell myself advice during senior year, the most important thing I would tell myself would be to be open. Yes, that's what everyone says about going to college the first time, but at first I thought that just meant saying hi and going to parties, even though you didn't always feel comfortable. Now I realize it is more than that. I would tell myself to make sure I stay true to who I am and do anything that appeals to me, join clubs, do community service, etc. Most importantly I would tell myself it is okay to have different values and to stay true to them.

Brandy

I would tell myself to pay more attention in school and take nothing for granite. The teachers are there to help you all you have to do it ask. Continue with your education and don't second guess yourself. Adulthood is a scary thing but it is so worth it, college will help you get a carreer. It helps you get a life that at some point didn't seem possible. Be in the here and now and take in the knowledge.

susan

Don't put it off! It's the most rewarding thing you'll ever do. It's so much harder the older ypou get, the more you've forgotten. Seriously, get your foundation and things will be much smoother I promise! The job market is ridiculous. Trust me I regret it horribly!

Amelia

"Amelia, Don't Panic!" The thought of applying to college and preparing to leave behind the comfort of high school and home can be a daunting experience. Being a home-body myself, the thought of merely leaving behind my mom and dad to pursue my dreams as a first-generation college student was frightening. I did not know that I would be stepping into the most unforgettable, yet challenging page in the newest chapter of my life. If I could return to senior year, I would begin by telling myself that stress was going to become a newly profound part of life and that money would seem a lot more precious in a very short amount of time. Despite these "not-so-positive" pieces of advice, I would tell myself that making the transition to college is one of the most liberating experiences one can have. Regardless of the stress-beckoning changes, college life has the inanimate power to whole-heartedly better a person, academically and socially. I would tell myself that becoming involved may seem like a challenge but is worth the time and effort. Most importantly, I would prepare myself for the exciting academic endeavors ahead.

Looking back at myself now, I have a lot of advice that I would give myself if I were to go back and talk to myself during my senior year of high school. First, I would tell myself that the first month or so of college is not going to be as great as I would expect. It isn't contstant fun. Due to having seperation anxiety, the adjustment from being at home surrounded by family and lifelong friends to being in a different environment with strangers will be incredibly difficult. I would tell myself that it is important to stay focused on my school work and to branch out and meet everyone I am able to meet, and that in no time I will develope life long friends. The second thing I would tell myself is that it is important to be open with your friends at college. I would tell myself not to hide important parts of who I am. My mother passed away when I was 13 from cancer and I was afraid to tell my friends at school this. However, after telling them I developed a stronger relationship that helped to create bonds with my friends.

Dulce

One must be truly, ambitiously driven toward their goals to be able to overcome obstacles we often encounter throughout our journeys. The fundamental idea is to always get back up when we fall, aiming higher up after the drop. Failure is nonexistent, there are only mistakes. We eventually stop being insane and learn from our confusion. Being a student is not as straightforward as it seems at first; focus must invade your being, like it is your destiny. You need to be committed with yourself as a student in order to develop and grow. You are your own best friend, set time for a valuable education. Understanding is learned, experienced and put to practice. You must be prepared to fall at least once. Never give up on yourself and keep seeking the light of consciousness to seed your bright future. You are the voice and future of tomorrow. Let your mind expand and you will find true bliss through knowledge. The gift of wisdom is yours to obtain, grasp it before someone else does.

My idea throughout high school about college was that it is a great place to learn job skills and become your own person. While that is completely right, there is a lot more to it than that. If I could go back and give myself advice I definitely would. First of all I would tell myself to meet and spend time with as many people as possible the first week. Then you will find out what kind of people you really want yourself around in college. Most of all enjoy every moment of every day. Do not sit up in your room especially in the begging because then it will be hard to make friends. Take advantage of everything your campus has to offer, as well as everything around it. Make smart choices in your studies, and in your social life. Almost the most important thing is to manage your time well. It will become very easy to fall behind if you don't. If you do fall behind, there are so many people here to help you, take advantage of them right away. Make the very best out of these four years.

Dear Self, You will make new friends, not for the person you have always been, but because of the person you are becoming. Your friends from high school will also make new friends, but your memories of eachother will not fade. Being yourself is the most important thing in college, study what you want, join chorus, play intramurals, volunteer for charity events. Talk to everyone, this is the time to step out of your comforts and try new things. People will admire your courage to be you in a new setting. You don't need to drink to have fun, infact some of the best saturday nights you'll have will be sober and walking along the beach. Become an RA, its the best thing that could happen to you in college, the skills and experience are irreplaceable. The people are accepting and supportive, and they are all great people. Last, remember to have fun. You are only young once and if you lose that inner child you'll never forgive yourself. Laughter is the secret to making friends in college, everyone has worries and stress. Being around people who laugh helps people just as much as laughing themselves.

Michele

Young Lady buckle up you are in for the ride of your life. Listen intently to your inner thoughts. Yes, you have led a sheltered life, it is okay to be frightened of the unknown. You have been raised to be independent and think for yourself. You know right from wrong. You say you are not ready to your parents. But, when will you be? You paid for your own private education, recieved high school credi t for classes you devised through work. You wanted to be a lawyer, now you may be too old for that dream. If I knew then, what I have experienced in my life time divorced, three children later and over 30 yrs later . I should have believed in myself with the self confidence I felt to go through my college education back then. Even still you attended college when you could through the two bouts of cancer, divorce and raising three children alone.. There have been ups and downs , but you didn't give up. Finally in the year 2012 you will graduate with an Associates in Liberal Arts. Be proud, acknowledge you are a student for LIFE! Be you not anyone else.

I would tell myself to enjoy the time that I had at home and cherish it. I would also tell myself to spend more time thinking about the transition to college, and how I was planning to cope with those changes and the anxiety that goes along with it. I found that I was very confident as I entered college, which was a good thing; however, it was a also a problem because it was a shock to be away from home, and I suffered from some pretty severe anxiety in the first few months of college. Now, I know that I can handle it, and I have adjusted to being away from home. Before I was able to make that full adjustment, however, it was extremely difficult, and it was not just hard on me, but it was also hard on my family back home. I wish I could have been more prepared for the homesickness and the adjustment to being away from home, so that way the entire transition could have been easier. I would tell myself to think about that more, as well as how I should enjoy every second I can with my friends.

Caitlyn

When faced with the ultimate college decision, do not look at the list of names through boyfriend-colored lenses. When the last week of summer arrives and you have the chance to rekindle your ever-so-great love, please don't. You are eighteen and have picked a wonderful school where you can grow into an independent adult, without someone else (he has two girlfriends, by the way, and you may want to check that out). Don't download twitter. Don't start watching Star Trek: The Next Generation in your free time. Don't get in the habit of weekly Target trips. Don't pick a roommate off of the incoming freshman class Facebook group. Don't keep your door closed all of the time: you do want friends, right? Join the acapella group during your first semester. Go to the gym. Don’t write off the musical as too time-consuming. Withdraw from the “basic” art history class you signed up for. Most importantly, though, don’t worry. By the end of your freshman year, you may not have all the answers you asked for, but you will have answers to questions you never thought to ask.

I have received many great experiences from attending college, first is how much I have learned and the experiences I received while going to school is the greatest feeling because I can say wow I am the only one in my family that has attended college and that feels awesome. What I've learned with going back to school is learning is an amazing oppurtunity, that all people should have the oppurtunioty to attend college, but can not because of the money issue. We probably have missed several great people that would of became a doctor, lawyer or even be the president of the United States of America, but were never givin that time or money to go to school to become who they were supposed to be as an adult. Being some what able to attend school with being a single mom and live on a fixed income from SSD, try my hardest to get in to school, because I think education is a very important to everyone. Its been valuable to me because; not only am I making myself a better life, I am making a better life for my son. Education is the greatest gift to receive.

Kaleigh

For the past five months I have been attending Endicott College I have grown not only as a student but also as a person. I have seen a complete transformation in my artwork, as well as in myself. My skills in drawing and photography have increased immensely, as have my interpersonal skills. I have been able to move out of my comfort zone and meet new people, while never faltering in my schoolwork. I truly am proud of the grades I received as a freshman, and it’s even nicer knowing that I made great friends and had fun along the way. If I had not moved outside of the safety of my hometown to a school a few hours away, I would never have had the chance to spend time on my own and get to know myself. It sounds silly, but very few people take the time to focus on themselves in every day life. I have come to understand who I am while attending Endicott College, and having done so has led me to achieve more than I ever could have dreamed.

In my school I am required to do an internship over winter break. My options were an event management company and the other at my old high school assisting in the School to Career office. Picking the school would be the easy route. I am confident I could handle any task and feel completely comfortable. The event company would be a whole new environment for me but a place of my future career goals. Before college I would of chose the high school basing my decision off of it being the easiest and quickest way to gain satisfaction without thinking long term. Now being in college I am dealing with my future and need to make the right decisions. So, I decided to intern at the event management company. I will be out of my comfort zone but underatnd benifial it is in the long run. I will be surround with people in my industry, gain the proper experience, and have a possible job opportunity. In college I now understand that I need to try and make the most smart beneficial decisions for my future that I might not of learned if i did not attend college.

Kc

I have learned so much about myself and college life during the semester and a half I have been in school. I've really had the opportunity to come out of my shell and the people I have met here have been so accepting of everyone they meet. My classes have been extreamly beneficial to my major and I have learned so many new things about Art Therapy that I had never really heard of. All of this has been valuable to my education, however the most rewarding was the winter internship I completed during the month of January. Working in an elementary school with the school psychologist opened my eyes to the professional world and made me realize that this was what I really wanted to do and accomplish after graduate school. All of this wouldn't have been possible without this valuable college experience and I am anxious for what the next three years hold in store.

Kaleigh

Senior Kaleigh, First, you need to relax about making the transition from high school to college; it isn't as bad as you think. Actually, it iss a lot like the transition from middle school to high school; you will experience an academic and social transition. However, unlike the middle to high school transition, you will experience a living transition as well. Some advice that I can give you for dealing with the academic transition is to stay organized. The more organized and focused youare, the easier this transition will seem. I also suggest using a planner/agenda; it helps a lot, trust me. As for the social transition, I won't lie to you, it is quite difficult to leave behind your old friends, but I can promise you that you will meet new people and develop other friendships. The living situation transition is difficult, but if you go into it with an open mind and are understanding and cooperative, you will be fine. Overall, if you go into college with a positive attitude, you will feel a sense of personal success and fulfillment once you have overcome these transitions. You will learn something from each one. College Kaleigh

Alessandra

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to make sure to join a lot of clubs and get as involved as possible to allow my name to get out in the open for more opportunities and to get to know a lot more people.

Andriquez

As a student of a small well known high school, you could say I got by pretty easy in life. I was respected as a great athlete as well as a great person. I was meaning of the word procrastinator in High School. Never did I ever get anything done early and barely on time. Teachers at my high school always gave me second chances, so thats how I managed to get by. I am one to start working very hard at the last minute because I know I have to get it done as oppose to having weeks to complete it. Well as a freshman gone through first semester, I quickly found out there are no second chances. Get it done early and get it done right is the advice I would have given myself. It was hard adjusting to this working habit but I knew I had to act my act together for myself and my mother who is currently struggling to put me through school so that I can have a better life than she did.

I have been in college for one semester and already I have learned so many things. I would tell myself first of all to not be afraid to put myself in uncomfortable situations, because they will only help me to grow as a person. I would also need to understand that hardwork will eventually pay off, but maybe not always in the short run. Through thorough studying, difficult information can be retained for both short and long term periods of time. I would also advise myself to not judge people too quickly, because you never know what one person is going through or how they were raised which may differ from myself. In regards to free time, I would advise myself to get ahead on work as much as possible so that the stress will not build up to the point where it becomes unbearable. I would want to be extremely careful about who I associate myself with because these people can either help you through difficult situations, or cause problems by abusing your trust. Lastly, to utilize upperclassmen who are in my major because they can provide encouragement and support from a firsthand account.

Hey senior girl, You're on top of the world right now, aren't now? Or at least you feel like you are. Have as much fun as you can right now, because before you know it you will be saying goodbye to people and things you're not ready to say goodbye to. Remember to make every moment count. Go into college with an open mind but stay true to who you are. Keep a strong personality and don't cave under the pressure to feel like you need to change the way you are just to make sure other people are happy; make yourself happy. Act on your gut feelings and don't let friends influence the way you perceive yourself. Keep in touch with old friends, but only the ones that you feel put in the same effort to contact you. Don't stay in touch with the toxic friends that brought you down all through high school, they are no longer worth your time. Be nice to mom and dad when you leave, you will realize how much they do for you and how much they mean to you after a few months apart. Sincerley, Me

Kelsie

Hey Kelsie, So I know you're a senior and the last thing you want to think about is college applications because life is so exciting right now but you need to slow down and think for a minute. College is a huge determining factor in where your life is headed and it's not something to be put off till the last minute. You've always wanted to go to California so maybe you should start looking there. If you continue procrastinating you're going to end up at a college filled with people that are nothing like you. It's important to realize this is basically your first big decision as an adult. Make sure it's a reflection of your personality and not just a convenient option. Either way you'll be happy, but you never know what you could accomplish if you actually set your mind to it. After all, we didn't work our butts off since 5th grade to end up at a mediocre school, right? Oh, and remember to always think for yourself =) It's so easy to fall in with the rest of the crowd.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would tell myself not to be so nervous about going to college. Like every other high school senior I knew, I was excited to get out of my house and start my life. The closer and closer I approached my first day of college, the more scared I became to start all over again. Meeting new people and being open has never been one of my strong suits. I had many friends in high school and was extremely happy with myself, but I was not quite ready to start over. Once I got to college, I became shy and quiet, although I was the exact opposite at home. Because of this, I did not make many friends my first semester. Towards the end of the year, however, I opened up and made a few great friends. I just wish that I was more myself at the beginning of the year. Now that I have learned from the mistake I made, I wish I could go back to my senior year to remind and encourage myself not to be so afraid.

Jared

Upon arriving at your college visit, you will feel as though you belong. One should not worry about the size of the school, location, or any other facets that are told to a high school student. When visiting schools, if you can't wait to leave, that school is not the school for you. When I stepped onto the campus of my current college, I didn't feel like I was a visitor, but I felt welcomed by the atmosphere of the school. No one can tell you what's right for you, so go out and visit as many schools as possible. You won't know until you try, although the process may be drawn out. Goodluck!

Parents: talk to your kids while they are applying to college about how it will be paid for! I can't even begin to tell you how often I have cried, worried or freaked out about how I am going to pay for college and the amount of loans I am already buried in because my parents and I did not sit down and discuss money. And please let your child become indepedent whether they're 20 minutes from home or 2 hours. Students: choose a college that makes you happy. You will be there, not your parents. Be outgoing, friendly and most importantly, yourself and you will make tons of friends. Roommates can be awful and sometimes you're stuck with them so make the best of it and just remember it's only a year (unless you can switch). School is always the hardest when you first start a new year or class so don't freak out and things will eventually fall into place if you are doing what you are supposed to and you are asking for help.

Bailey

When trying to find the right college, it is important to first look at the academics of the school, but then look beyond them. A student shouldn't solely focus on the school's academic statistics to make their decision. Instead, college bound students should aim to find a school that provides them with the education they need and a school that they feel happy and comfortable in. The student defines how much they will get out of the college they attend. If the student is in a place that he or she feels comfortable in and enjoys, the student will get more out of the college. Knowlege gained in college should also extend beyond text books and class lectures into actual life experiences. When making the most out of a college experience, it is essential for a student to try new things and surround his or herself with new types of people. Although it is important to be comfortable at college, it is also important for students to get themselves out of their comfort zones occasionally to experience new people and activities. College students should be able to learn in and outside of classrooms, becoming a well rounded person.

Look at a variety of schools that are different in location, size, etc. Also, participate in different activities such as open houses or informational days in order to learn more about the college. Attend the school that you can see youself at, not what anyone else thinks.

Peter

Having already found the right college and been exposed to the college experience, I would tell prospective parents and/or students these tips. Finding the right college is like finding the right house: you should not settle on a house if it doesn't have that big back yard or extra bathroom that you want and need. Just as a prospective homebuyer makes a list of what they want in a house with a realitor, the student and parent should sit down and make a list of the qualities they would like in a college. Research whether the college offers the child's desired major, the size of the school, location, and all the little intricacies-such as having a personal or community bathroom- that the student desires. It is important to tour the college while it is in session in order to get a feel for the true atmosphere of how the students and faculty conduct themselves on a normal day. As for the college experience, the student will have plenty of time to have fun with friends-it is very easy to get caught up in the outside influences- just make sure the work gets done first.

I would tell parents to assist their child in finding out the most important aspects of a school that they are looking for and that make them happy. Only then will they be able to decide what school best fits them. For students I would tell them to find out what makes them happy and don't settle for something. There are times to settle on things, but deciding your home for the next four years of your life is not the time to settle. Remember that there are going to be pros and cons to each school, but it is important to find the school that fits your personality and what you are looking for in the education because everything else will fall into place. Don't be afraid to take chances or try something new because these next four years will fly by, and you don't want to look back and say you have regrets. This is the time to make friends that will last forever, find out who you are as an individual, and where you see yourself in the world. It's also the time to experience as many new things as possible!

While in high school, I did not realize how important choosing the right school would be; luckily, I chose the perfect school. However, I did not look at schools as much as I should have. With this gained knowledge, I would highly suggest parents to start early; it is never too early to start looking at schools. Students should visit schools to gain a sense of the social life, campus, and whether the school conforms to their academic needs (the major being present in the college's academia). I would also suggest that a student should feel comfortable. Parents should seek to their child's needs and not their wants. In the end, the student is the one attending the school. Being happy and content with the institution is an essential part to enjoying the experience. Once the acceptance letters are finalized, I would encourage students to become involved. It's quite fun creating a whole new world and I can't emphasize enough about becoming involved. Join a sport. Join the choir. Make a name for yourself at a new place. Going to college is similar to starting your life in a blank book. The student is the author.

First of all, college is something to be excited about. I did not want to leave my hometown and go to college because a lot of my friends were not leaving. I wasn't excited about picking, visiting and applying to schools because I naively thought I had already met better people than those I would meet in college. I wish I had been told or figured out earlier that my friends from home would not change and progress like I did because of my college experience, and this change and maturity would mold me into a better person. For the best experience as a high school senior, ask yourself what is most important to your own happiness. Understand the importance and opportunity that accompanies college and be sure not to take advantage of this. I saw a lot of kids drop out of my college because they were unhappy which led to other problems academically and socially. Make sure that the school puts great focus on something very important to you. Whether it is sports, academics, or even partying, the school should make you happy. I feel that a happy student is more willing to achieve academically.

If I were to give advice to an upcoming college student and their parents I would tell them to make sure to take their time when deciding on the perfect school. Make sure you look into some schools pretty early into your junior year so you are able to take all the time you need! It's going to be a difficult decision and it is so important to weigh out all of your options, such as rewarded financial aid. I also found it helpful to apply to schools that I had already checked out in person. Before I made my decision to attend Endicott College, I was more interested in a different school that I was almost completley set on. It was not until I toured Endicott College myself that made me change my mind. It was great to see the campus, meet some of the administrators and get the overall vibe of the school. I also had the chance to interact with current students, asking them about their college experience. Once at school, join as many activities as possible, it's a great way to meet people that you may not get the chance to meet in class!

Finding the right college is not always easy. It is a good idea to visit the school beforehand and get a tour of the campus. I would advise students to make a list of things they are looking for from their college, such as on-campus housing, extracurriculars, and so on. This should help you narrow down choices. If you have a friend that attends the college, you should deffinately talk to them about their experience at the school but also keep in mind their views and opinions may vary from your own. If you do not know anyone at the school, it is still a good idea to talk to students when you visit the campus and see if they are happy with the school. It is also important to research what classes you want to take and necessary requirements to graduate. If you are going to live on campus, you may want to check out what is located around the college and the safety and security policies of the college. The process is hard and can be stressful and overwhelming, but I think after visting a college students generally know if they will feel comfortable in the setting.

I volunteer to give campus tours and I am confronted with this often. The best advice about finding the right college is to do your research, push yourself and to take every opportunity that comes your way. One must believe in his or herself and that the student should be involved in the process. My parents pressured me to attend a different college but I had done my research, visited the college and explored opportunities that were available and I was sure that this is where I would most succeed. I am more confident in myself and tried new things starting freshmen year. I had never been in a boat and tried out for the sailing team. I made the team and many friends. I have also been an International Peer Mentor and Orientation Leader. I encourage students to joined many clubs and explore their interests. I have joined many clubs; such as a student run AIGA Magazine called EnSight, the Intercultural club amongst many more. Academically I have challenged myself and was selected to be a member of the Honors Program. You learn a lot about yourself when you push yourself and are fearless in venturing into the unknown.

Trust your heart. This is the mantra that I followed when choosing the right college for my undergraduate studies. After visiting a number of colleges and universities as a senior in high school, it became clear to me that one college in particular was right for me. When you're searching for the right college/university, you need to remember that YOU are attending it. It doesn't matter if your sister/brother/friend/parent/etc loved it when he/she attended. What does matter, however, is that you will be spending the next few years at this institution. You deserve to attend a school that makes your heart sing. After you make the choice that satisfies your academic, social, and financial needs, be sure to get involved right away. You choose this school for a reason. Involve yourself in the aspects of the school that you were drawn to. This is your education, so why not make the most of it? The college experience can be an amazing few years, but it's up to you to design your educational and social path through it. You've decided to invest in your education, so remember to invest in yourself.

Mitchell

Finding the right college is one of the most important tasks that you will ever encounter - not to stress you out. Uncertain, however, is this time - during which it is easy to make rash and unadvisable decisions. With this in mind, it must be known that you must decide on the college you would actually like to attend - not the one that "makes the most sense." There are loans to be granted and scholarships to be won. Utilize these resources to the best of your ability and the chances of being able to enroll in your college of choice will be substantially higher, regardless of the economic state. To make the most of your college experience, you must understand that knowledge is power and you are there to learn. Utilize class time and one-on-one time with professors and you will thank yourself down the road. No matter the major, networking is a key element to your success. The more people you know, the more opportunities you will have in the future. Be socially responsible, that is, donate; volunteer; recycle; reach out to someone in need. Colleges have resources to facilitate these activities. And yes, party - college is short.

Go with your gut.

It's important to think of what makes you happy in life and the setting you can most likely see yourself for the next four years of your life. It's a big decision, but it's the student's decision to make and only they know what truly makes them happy. It is important to look at as many aspects of the school as you can, including the extracurricular activities, the living situations, food, class size, majors offered, and social aspect as well. There's the "perfect" school out there for everyone, as long as the effort is put in to find it. These next years will fly by, but you will find that they are the most important years of your life. You will find out who you are as an individual and MUCH more. As a parent you want to see your son/ daughter happy and successful; therefore, it is important to guide them, but not choose for them. They need your guidence and wisdom more than they are willing to admit, but there are many situations that you don't see your child in and they are the only one who understands what makes them happy.

Take your time. The right school is out there, just allow yourself enough time to sort through the pros and cons of each. Don't let money hold you back. The experience is priceless.

I started my college search in my junior year of high school because my parents made me. Now I'm glad they were so involved early in the process because I found a perfect fit. At age 16-17 I wasn't sure what I wanted to do so I visited several types of schools (city, suburban, large, small). Staying overnight and attending classes with enrolled students was sometimes akward but it really helped me eliminate and make the right choice. My high school teacher recommendations were helpful in identifying my interests and strengths. During my senior year of high school I focused on my extracurricular passions and weighed all the pros & cons of my top college choices . When choosing which college to attend I was able to make an informed decision and my gut guided me to where I knew I could be involved in my favorite activities right from the start. From my academic major I have developed a great support network of friends. I am making the most of my college experience through varsity sports, clubs, fund-raising, community service, work -study and I am loving every minute of it.

I believe that students need to understand their lifestyle and their future academic and career goals when selecting a college. For most students, a college and its' campus (or surrounding area) is the community in which you will be living, studying, working, and socializing for as many as four years of your life. A prospective student needs to know what they want to get out of this four year experience; whether it be a great learning environment with access to great professors and classes, or a social atmosphere where one can meet new people everyday and spend their free time partying or being with friends. To make the most out of one's college experience is to know these needs and wants, and to utilize the college's resources to fufill one's college goals. These resources could be anything from on-campus tutors and study groups to clubs, sports, and extra-curricular activities that interest the student.

College, the best years of your life. College, the platform for your life. College, one of the most important decisions in life. Visit as many school as you can. Take tours, meet students, and discover the experience . College becomes your home, and the students, faculty, and staff become your family. Find the school where, with your first step, you feel home, because home is where your story begins. Whether you want a large campus in the big city, or a small campus on the outskirts, find your home. Find the campus that when you first see it, it makes you dream. Find the campus that while you're walking through it, you start to dance. Find the college whose education will make you shine. Find the college life you will love. Find the college that will change you, and make you grow. Do not pick a college someone thinks you should go to, the one with the big name, the one that is the cheepest, or the one closest to home. Take a chance. Go find what you want, and make it yours. With that decision you will have a home, a love, and an experience of a lifetime.

Margot

I would advise that each student visit their school and look at all the programs that it offers. When you look at a school look at what you want out of it academically but also look at how the students interact with eachother. Rememeber you are goign for four years and you are living there as well as learning.

Susan

Make sure you know the size of the classes, the dorms, and the price.

Find all your interests in one college of the right size for you. This way you can do all or none of the activities you want to do. Get involved with as many things as soon as possible until you know what you want to do and how much you can handle.

Students should really get to know the school's they are planning to attend, not just the name. A lot of students choose colleges based on their name and end up regretting it. Find a college with a great location because you're going to be there for four years. Also make sure the college is alive on the weekends and by all means DO NOT go home more than 4 times a year, especially your freshman year. You have no idea how many social opportunities you will miss out on if you do. All I can say to parents is to just be supportive of your son/daughter's choice, and if they make the wrong choice on school, hey it happens. Just remember, it's college, it's only going to help their future.

John-Paul

Base your decision on 3 factors: 1) Where you want to be afterwards 2) What you want to be doing during college (sports fan, focus on getting into Grad school, drink, etc...) 3) how far away from home you want to be, both geographically and mentally. Weight each of those factors and compare them to the schools you realistically can get into/can afford. Then, STAY OVER at each one. Lastly, decide on what YOU want based first and foremost on which of the 3 above-mentioned factors is MOST important to YOU.

As a junior at Endicott College, I have been able to experience all of the aspects of college that students look to experience. I have taken advantage of the academic opportunities offered at my college, while also responsibly enjoying the social environment. I fully believe that there is a college or university for everyone that can satisfy their personal expectations. From my own experience, I have learned that while expensive tuitions can often be the determining factor, I believe that the experience and academic fulfillment is much greater than any price. Both students and parents should consider ever aspect of the schools they are looking at, including location, tution, size, and academics, however, the overall experience and opportunity that a student takes away from that school should be a primary factor. This is the environment a student will be at for two to four years. In addition, I would strongly recommend attending a college that requires students to fulfill an intership program. At Endicott College, three internships are required in order to graduate, and I know that partaking in various internships related to my major has truly been one of the most rewarding opportunities I have taken away from Endicott.