Erie Community College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Erie Community College

Halimah

It s a good school. Stay focused if you want to achieve, there are many distractions. I love attending Erie Community College. They have a wide variety of degree and certificate programs, athletic and clubs. It is a well rounded school with great profeesors

Overall, I honestly love ECC. The class sizes are small and personal, so it is easy to talk to the teacher and ask questions. The professors are all really kind and reasonable, I have not had one who isn’t. It’s pretty easy to knock out your hard courses here, and everyone is really nice. I was out of school for two years. When I went back to school, my overall grade for all semesters is a 4.0. I really enjoy my time here. It also gives me an idea of what I would want to pursue as a career with it’s vast variety of course choices. I highly recommend Erie Community College.

Elyza

I've been a student at ECC for what's about to be three years, every time I have needed to see a professor they have been available during office hours or if you really need to speak to them, they'll work something out. Emailing teaches can sometimes be a hassle because while they provide their emails on the syllabus's not all of them even view their emails which can be very annoying if you're having an emergency and can't make it to class, or you're stuck in traffic on your way there, you want to have the sense of knowledge that they at least have seen your message and know what's going on if you're absent or late. The appearance and location are both beautiful compared to what i'm used to over in the lower west side of buffalo. I was so happy to not see any homeless people out while i'm on my way to school.

William

If you're looking for an affordable college and want to get a solid education, this is he place for you. Generally good professors across the board. It's joked as "Easy Credit College" but it really preps you for a four year university while not handing out "A's". Athletics and social life are what you make of it.

Faduma

It is good place to start with your future dream. There is reason why most people choose Erie community college, because they know that will achieve what they want to be in the future. All I hope for this College is to stay forever because there is no better place than this college.

Siobhan

It's the best choice for me at 37 and being a first time college student. The main reasons I choose ECC are, The class sizes are small, I've at most had 21 students in a class minimum of 9. The students are very helpful. The Professors are approachable and assecessable. I am truly happy with my choice.

It's great for getting your general credits out of the way and transferring to a 4 year school for your degree. There is no housing for ECC so you'll have to commute (no big deal unless you live far away, but there are three campuses: North, South and City, so I'm sure you'll find one that is close to you since they are spread out in each direction). The teachers are super nice and they'll work with you no matter what your situation is . ECC is literally second high school with it's small class sizes and chill workload (unless you're going for like an actual associates degree/certificate than idk what that is because I'm just going for general credits so I can spend less money at a four yr school). There's not a lot to do on campus, you basically just go to class and when thats over you just go home. It's actually kinda boring but it's whatever. It's second high school what do you expect. It's pretty much the same thing expect you pay to go and you can make your classes at weird times. I recommend you put your classes in chronological order so that way you don't have any breaks (because what are you even gonna do during that time?). I recommend transferring though, don't commit to this school, everybody wants you to transfer to something more permient (like that 4 year school I was talking about earlier). They are setting you up for success so you can continue on with your life. Also the common app application is super easier when your a transfer student since you don't have to write an essay which is super nice. And if you keep your GPA high (which is pretty easy if you just do your work) you can most likely get into any school you apply to as a transfer since they look for GPAs around 2.5. But aim for a 3.5 so your spot is guaranteed and you get automatic transfer scholarships too, which is super nice.

Ahmad

Erie Community College is one of the top Community Colleges in the nation. They are geared to sending their students off to high end 4 years schools. The professors are willing to do anything to see their students succeed. Students are great and the environment is better. I love my school!

Zannate

Erie Community College is a small school that pushes education in a way that is completely up to you. If you want to be isolated from others you can easily be isolated. If you want to be socially active with others you can easily be social. I have kept myself isolated in order to focus on my studies more and it paid off.

I would have to say Erie Community College is a wonderful place to get started at and every one here is close. It's a very good school but needs more activities and things to do. There are only like 2 clubs and a third in the making. Not to many fun things to do here. They Should have more tutors.

Erie Community College is a good stepping stone. I enrolled here after being dismissed from a large 4 year university. It has been a great opportunity for me to get back on my feet. The class sizes are rather small, which is perfect for me. The only complaint I have is there doesn't seem to be much of a community. Its kind of, you go to class, then you go home. I would prefer that there would be more events and a better atmosphere on campus.

I love Erie Community College because of the small class sizes and availability of the teachers. The faculty does everything they can to ensure acedemic success. Office hours are always reliable and extra tutoring is available at all times. I feel very safe on campus because security is everywhere and always asks if you're okay walking to your car. There are also many emergency stations located in various places around campus. I would highly recommend ECC to anyone interested.

Jacob

The college is a Community College, so I'll say it a good for a community college. There are always ways that the college can always improve, like have all of the same major choices at all of the three campuses. They college is pretty much like high school all over again.

DANIEL

it is a safe learning environment and has an average class size of 12 to 1. I enjoyed some of the outdoor class i took last semester and i know its worth the hassle

Alana

Its a good solid school, with a good culture. The teachers are always willing to help and be there for the students, and if your specific teacher isn't available there's usually someone else always ready to help anyone. Everyone is willing to help everyone, and that type of culture makes for a great college experience on everyone's part.

Gabrielle

It is overall a great school to attend. It is a school for all ages, just like any other colleges but this one is a lot easier especially for parents because there is a child care service. The professors here are amazing, they’re all so helpful. They do not rest until a student is fully understanding the material.