Estrella Mountain Community College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Estrella Mountain Community College

Karina

Overall EMCC is a great place to take classes here because of the variety of classes this college has to offer. There are always events to get students involved and to meet other fellow students. The professors are always helpful and are almost always available for any questions and concerns. The campus is very peaceful with a lot of helpful resources to succeed in every class.

Estrella Mountain Community College has a great environment. People get a long great, the teachers are amazing and the resources on campus are helpful. The mentors are also very helpful in terms of guiding a student in the right direction of where they plan to do.

kimberly

Estrella Mountain Community College is a great school. Throughout the time I been there I been treated equally and has opportunities. The staff are very nice and the professors are always willing to help you out.

Savannah

I was quite pleased with EMCC. Most of the teachers seemed to care about teaching us and to teach well. The classes were small, but this was perfect for studying together. I feel like I was well educated here and I enjoyed my time on campus. I would definitely recommend this school at every available opportunity.

Marlene

When I first came to Estrella I felt lost and terrified because I didn't know anyone and I thought college students were going to be mean or just not talk at all. But no! they were the complete opposite even the teachers were great they were very supportive, patient, available, dedicated, and understanding. I really love it and by the first week I had gained some confidence around the campus. Also seeing that the police is inside the campus makes me feel safer and everywhere I go there a police car near me. Also, everybody is super nice and it is not hard at all to bond. I am very honest and I am someone who just had moved to Arizona one week before class started and I had no clue how the environment was but everything turned out great. The school is even better because you create a very close bonding with your classmates and if you are very involved in the campus with their programs, as a volunteer, events, and clubs you will meet some great people that will influence you good in your life and career wised they will give you the best advise. No one around school will ignore you or deny your request for help. One last thing dont miss the great adventures with the clubs at school you won't regret them. They were very helpful when I was feeling stressed or sad the meetings were so fun that they made me feel better. Another thing the school always provides food for the students its either just on events or meetings or the school just wants you to have a little boost and wants you to stop by and get a coffee or a plate of food. It is a great school I totally recommend it for high school new comers or anyone else that wants to join school again! I am a Mountain Lion and I am proud of it!

Morgan

EMCC has been a great school so far. I have always been able to get into the classes I need, it is a very affordable option for starting a college career, and I have found that it has many resources for learning such as free tutoring. The only thing I have had a harder time with is that there are a few academic advisers that have been unpleasant, but I have also seen other that have been the most helpful and nice. So find an adviser you like and always try to go to the same one.

Sidney

Estrella Mountain Community College has been good to me so far! Every teacher I've had has been very kind and helpful. I have homework pretty much every day, but I am able to plan it out well enough that it isn't bothersome (of course, this also depends on your classes and teachers). School was always a big stressor for me, but going here hasn't been so bad. It's generally pretty quiet, so working around campus is super easy and there are a lot of places for you to work alone or in a group. My only complaint is that the other students are not the most energetic bunch. Most people seem pretty shy, but if you have a teacher that keeps the material interesting (a lot of mine did) then you should be fine! If you are able to meet the requirements, you should join the Honors program there. They offer a lot of events and even help pay for your classes. The events are interesting and updated a lot of the time. They really help you get aquanted with the school and you may even make some friends! I'm really enjoying it. If you're looking for a great community college to attend, you won't regret going to Estrella Mountain.

Natalia

Estrella Mountain Community College is a school that will give the student that tools he or she needs to graduate school. The college has many resources and the staff will do everything they can to help a student succeed in life. Whether it is transferring in state or out of state.

Denaeja

It is a great school. The instructors really care about student's success and are very understanding when it comes to personal situations that happen outside of school. There are great tutors who will help you with absolutely any and everything you need help with. Estrella is always offering programs and clubs to help to students become more involved and be successful.

Cameo

Estrella Mountain Community College is a great place to receive pre-requisite credits and acquire an Associate's Degree! They have a variety of courses for just about any major. Estrella charges a reasonable rate per class, matching other schools in the district. The classrooms are close-knit which makes learning easier than a lecture hall; I have experienced both and strongly prefer the smaller classroom environment. Estrella's professors are eager and helpful to everyone, they truly want to see you succeed. Most professors are available any time through email, otherwise, they often hold office hours and are present before/after class. I feel safe on campus, and I know if I ever need anything we have an appreciable counseling department and fantastic advisors. Estrella Mountain also has a cafeteria with friendly service and many options for grabbing food between or before classes. It really is exceptional, so if you want to go somewhere that will set you up for success, attend Estrella Mountain Community College!

Gabriel

I believe that Estrella Mountain Community College gives students multiple opportunities for those that are seeking for help. All instructors and staff members are helpful with benefiting the student's education by helping them critically think and become professional within the work force.

Jasmine

Estrella Mountain is an alright school, not many people really communicate there outside of class so once you leave school you leave everyone. The food places nearby are pretty good. Also, the places you go to eat do not take that long to get your food out to you but at the same time I go a little before lunch or a little after so when the store is not busy.

Vanessa

While there are sometimes issues with the administration, especially in the financial aid department, the teaching staff are very nice and accessible. Also, class sizes are small. The campus is well-organized, so it is easy to find certain buildings, and it is easy to get from one building to another.

My overall opinion would be an average score. The teachers are very accessible, but the academic advisers aren't a big help though. They don't take the time to really dive in and find some relevant information for students. Their information is different and is never consistent for some reason. I wished that the advisers would really help out students who are trying to graduate and transfer.

Cameron

Of the Maricopa Community Colleges, EMCC is best known for its artistic side. There are lots of campus events that the college tries to put on and many displays of art from students and those in programs at the college. The science side is not great but there are a few exceptional teachers and the math is above average. The campus is fairly biand the students and faculty are usually pretty friendly.

Madison

It's a great college with many resources and helpful facilities to take advantage of as a college student. I was not totally motivated as a college student when I first started taking classes here, however, as I met the amazing teachers, students, and advisors, I was much more inspired and confident about my college career.

CheyAnn

Everyone is so welcoming, staff is friendly and helpful. Great resources for everyone.

Ivan

My experience with Estrella Mountain Community College was magnificent. I was proud to attend everyday since the professors made the learning experience exciting. EMCC was really helpful in providing the pre-requisite information needed for the nursing program.

Cristian

I am attending classes in the fall of 2018 but have visited the campus many times with my friend who attends currently and I really want to be a student. For being a community college the atmosphere of it feels very inspiring. Please give me the scholarship I want to be able to go here and not stress financially. Please help me keep the feelings I already have for it.

Barbara

The campus is great, pretty, and peaceful. The campus staff are very patience and nice. They help you when you need it and are always there for you. The class sizes are good; not too big and not too small which provides a good student to teacher ratio.

Barbara

Patrick

I think Estrella Mountain is an excellent option for community college. It offers a ridiculous amount of free services to students, free resources, and free tutoring. Overall I wish the advisers hired at the school were better. However, there are plenty of staff and helpful peers willing to assist.

Delores

Overall I Love attending my school. The teachers are great and always willing to lend a helping hand. Great when it comes to handing out assignment with clear instructions. the campus life is very chill and inviting, I never had a problem with a teacher or class member. Safe to say the school is drama free, and it seems everyone main focus is completing their class in order to graduate. Glad I chose to attend this school.

Melissa

Estrella is an amazing school, the campus is great and everyone is very friendly. There are many great professors and the environment in the classrooms is very motivating. They have tutoring centers that help a lot with all of my classes and you can even find these resources online.

Susana

Estrella is a very nice school. It is always clean and I feel extremely safe, with security and police always around. There has only been one teacher who I did not like in two years. For the most part almost all the teachers use Canvas and it's very easy to get a hold of them outside of class.

olivia

I made many great connections through Estrella Mountain Community College. Estrella Mountain Community College always set me up for success through the many opportunities such as mentoring, the student success center, and the different programs offered. If I had any questions I know that I would be helped in a kind and professional manner.

Prucilla

I think Estrella Mountain Community College is has a great learning atmosphere. On campus they provide tutoring and mentoring and the college makes accessing tool to success for every student easy. If you don't we're to find help the administration office is always open and can you find the resources most valuable to your education.

Alexis

The school is clean and staff is nice. The education is high in quality, and the food is mediocre. The school is lacking in sports, clubs, school pride, and extracurricular activities. Most professors seem as though they truly care. The school uses Canvas as a way for students to keep up on assignments, discussions, and events in class. Canvas is very easy to use and it is convenient as well. Overall, I enjoy my experience here at Estrella Mountain Community College.

Mckenzie

Estrella Mountain is a community college so I was not able to accurately rate housing. I think Estrella Mountain Community College is a decent school, there are some things that could be improved. I think the enrollment and admissions office can be a little bit unorganized. I have had experiences with professors who are not beneficial to students and are not doing their best to provide knowledge and different learning ways.

Ryan

My overall opinion is this college is extremely great, and is a really good college to go to for new students.

Serena

Awesome teachers, nice staff always available and helpful throughout my college experience

Christina

Estrella Mountain Community College is a great school, filled with brilliant students. Some of the students are still high school students, and yet they keep up with both their college and high school classes, and I’m one of those students. It’s nice to know that not only am I surrounded by smart students, but that’s I am surrounded by students who are mature enough to handle the real world.

William

I really like how the teachers often try to respond as soon as they can to their students and make sure that they are able to pass their classes the best they can. The staff there are amazing also. They are kind and willing to help out in any way that they can to help benefit you.

Estrella Mountain Community College is a wonderful school and has a unique environment. The only thing that needs work how staff members communicates to students as there have many problems that has made students fall behind. Being able to engage in certain activities is very important and when students do not know about it they lose the opportunity to be apart of it. Communicate is a very important subject and this college needs to work on it to maintain a healthy relationship with the students.

Nazaret

I have had nothing but great experiences at Estrella Mountain Community College including when I was involve in sports. The class sizes allow for the opportunity to communicate with the professors and engage in classroom activities that allow us to retain the information better.

Tina

I started at Estrella Mountain Community College as a dual enrollment student through AAEC High Schools, and at first I assumed that I'd do okay in my college classes, but I wasn't really stoked about them. That is until I met my first professor, Professor Sasha (PSY132). Now don't let his name fool you, he is anything close to a soft girl. Between him and Professor Horlick (My ASL teacher) my first semester turned out great! And it has really helped me settle into the community college life. I am so excited to graduate with my AA of Psychology this coming spring! However, I must say I will miss the campus and the great student-teacher relationships I have built as I move on to receive my Bachelors, and hopefully my Masters one day.

Courtney

It is a great community college to start furthering your education. The campus is very modern and clean. Student life is always lively and outgoing. Estrella Mountain Community College makes you feel comfortable and safe. The professors are kind and willing to help you succeed.

Kharissa

This community college has given me the opportunity to feel more prepared for the university I will transfer to so I am very grateful for this chance. They do their best to make sure their students are feeling prepared and ready for the future. Overall, I would definitely recommend this school to anyone who is looking to save money and take a much easier pathway to help with college and future careers.

Destiny

I really do enjoy attending Estrella Mountain Community College, the students are friendly and the staff are always ready to help. Everyone on the campus encourages the shoot for the stars mindset. Teachers genuinely want to see you succeed and will do everything they can to assist you in really understanding the material. The campus is very welcoming, diverse and united.

Mayrani

I think it's a great community college to attend. There are many opportunities for growth, both personally and academically. The college also provides many resources to help students in choosing the right major, meeting people, becoming politically active, and further in their education. The faculty is very friendly and I have never had any bad experiences.

Carol-Anne

Estrella Mountain Community College has been a great starter college for me, I have really appreciated all the professors I've had, I've met some awesome classmates, and learned so much in my time here. I am about to start the MaricopaNursing program and am SO excited to start and get my nursing degree!