Springfield, MO
Evangel University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Evangel University

Evangel University provides a diverse community and strong Christian foundation. The campus has around 2,000 students so there is a great teacher student ratio. Everytime I have needed to contact a teacher by email, they reply within the next business day tops some even within the first ten minutes of when I sent the email. When I attend chapel, there is a strong faith that is evident within each service.

I wish I would have known as a Senior in high school that college was honestly expensive and that I would not receive a lot of scholarship money. I have heard great stories about people going to school full ride or winning scholarships. I have entered many scholarships. I have written many essays and sent in my transcripts numerous times expecting a miracle to happen for me. The truth is, I was not that special person in any way. I have received scholarships from the school, but they have been really small and never from outside sources that I applied for online. My hopes were destroyed by the end of my first semester. I still question to this day why I cannot be the one to receive even $1,000 if not full ride or half off tuition. I wish I would have known the impact and burden that college tuition brings upon me.

I love the loving enviorment at school. Everyone is very nice. They smile and wave at you when you walk by. Relationships are strong amongst those at the campus.

Elsa

College is not all fun and hanging out with friends, it involves hard work, focus and determination. The opportunities you will have will be phenomenal; if you could see them now you’d be overwhelmed! But don’t let anything hold you back, seize every opportunity and follow your dreams. Don’t be afraid to say no, spreading yourself too thin can diminish the value of all that you’re trying to accomplish. But, don’t be afraid to say yes either. There are so many things you can do, so don’t be afraid to take that step of faith and pursue your goals to fulfill your dreams. The world is big, but you can find your place in it, one step at a time.

Someone who is a firm Christian. Someone who values their faith and wants to grow in their relationship with God among a strong community of faith.

Not having as much connection with prospective research or information or opportunities.

Shawn

You should learn to take responsibility for yourself, Shawn. It is a crazy and expensive world out there and Art School is just the beginning. College is not like high school and you will not be babysat through your classes. You need to focus really hard and stay disciplined to become the best artist you can be. It is your dream, right? Then make your dream a reality through the hardwork you know you can display to your peers and elders. Oh yeah, apply for lots and lots of scholarships, I need not remind you of how expensive it is.

Kevin

If I could go back to my senior year, I would make sure I had my priorities in order. Focusing on college deadlines, due dates, application would have been on the top of my agenda. Although I tried to fill out scholarships, but I would have devoted more time them. College is an expensive yet worthwhile post-secondary education and without financial assistance it is near impossible to be able to afford. Knowing now how costly school can become; I would have made sure I saved some of my earnings for necessities such as a: lab top, tape-recorders, and a quality book bag. There are numerous amount of changes I would have made to my last year of high school, but I am glad the decisions I made got me this far.

Jayme

If I could go back and tell myself what I know now through college experience, I would have so much advice. I would tell myself not to worry so much about what others thought about me or the things that I did in high school. Life is too short to be concerned with boyfriends and high school drama. Focus on friendships and find the people who truly care about you. Spend time with your true friends and family because they are the ones who will be there for you through thick and thin; and when it comes down to it, those are the only people you can honestly rely on. Don't settle for anything less than what you deserve. Try your best- know that if you give all you have, you have nothing to be ashamed of. Work hard, trust in the Lord, and pray about everything, regardless of how small the situation may appear

College is supposed to be a time that a person finds themselves and who they are. This school has so many rules and security that it sets students back in a way from finding a lot about themselves.

Danielle

I have found that you learn so much in college. Every experience will help you know how to act in the future. You don't need to be nervous; there are many people willing to help you along your way. There are a couple of things that you find out the hard way such as the importance of studying in advance instead of the night before. Since there was not much in the way of studying in high school, this will take some practice. Also, beware of the freshman fifteen. Fifteen may be an exaggeration, but you will gain weight after that cafeteria food if you do not work out. As far as friends go, make lots of them. It never hurts to be friendly and meet as many people as possible. Not all of them will be your friend, but some will, and it is always nice to have connections down the road. Sleep. Even if you must take naps, sleep will help you be healthy and keep your brain focused during the day. Finally, dating is new to you, so take it slow. Guys will fall for you, but that does not mean you must fall for them.

The best thing about my school is the environment. Evangel University is a Christian school, and some may think this means that there are a lot of rules. While there are rules for good measure, it is wonderful to be surrounded by professors and staff member who genuinly care about the student; also, the peers are friendly and supportive. I know if I have a problem there are many people I can take it to who will help to point me in the direction of my best interest.

I like to brag about the art program. I am an art major and I find the art professors to be really talented in what they do. All of them are artists themeselves in some capacity, so they legitimately have the experience to know about what they are teaching. Also, they are very helpful even for things happening outside of the artistice realm. Because the art professors are genuinly fantastic at what they do, my time as an art student is much more exciting and efficient.

John

Evangel University is the national liberal arts college of the Assemblies of God church denomination. Because of this foundation, Evangel offers not only a strong academic atmosphere for its students, but a strong foundation for building and growing students' faith as well. What Evangel is best known for is summed up no better than its motto: Boldy Christian, Unquestionably Academic. Evangel's strong emphasis on academics is matched only by its outstading faith promise to its students. The inseperable integration of faith and learning is what makes Evangel great.

I was watching TV when, out of a flash, a man appeared. His ruggedly handsome face looked all too familiar, like looking in a mirror. “How you doin’?” he asked in a dreamy voice. “Is that… are you, me?" “I know what you’re thinking, I didn’t think we’d have time machines by now either.” “No, way! That’s…” “Sorry," he interrupted. "We only have a few words left. Time machines are rented per word spoken, and I could only afford 200. You should really consider another job.” “So you’re wasting our money on lame jokes?” “Whatever!” he said. “Look, I broke the bank to come back because… I know your dreams Levi, they were mine once too. I’m here to tell you, they’re attainable, but not for me anymore. I’m living the consequences of our decisions, our laziness, and it’s not what we wanted. College life is busy, but this is your time. Now, do you really wanna write that book?” I nodded. “Start writing.” With another flash he was gone. He didn’t say much, but it was all I needed. I clicked the TV off and grabbed a pencil.

The most frustrating thing about Evangel currently is the new addition of the Frameworks program. A new program containing all new classes was installed in the curriculum last year, and is off to a rough start. The problem is not that these classes may not be effecient and beneficial to students in the future, but they leave many current students with lower grades than they deserve simply because the classes are so new and poorly thought out. These are only a few occurrences, however, in an otherwise excellent academic liberal arts college.

I would go back and tell myself that high school is not as bad as it seemed to be. Your senior year goes by fast, so make the most out of it. Build lasting friendships with the time you have left in high school. Take one obstacle at a time, otherwise you'll get stressed out.

Bethany

Evangel is comfortable and it feels like home.

Evangel is comfortable and it feels like home.

My life would have panned out much differently if going back in time to talk to myself when I was a senior in high school was within the realm of possibilities. I am a student athlete and I would have of course given myself conventional advice like eat healthier, make sure you exercise more and drink more water. Though valuable, that advice would have done little to shape my future. In high school I thought I did not care what people thought. Foresight never fails to be hazy, but hindsight is always 20/20, as a result I lived high school in a highly disillusioned state. I let popular culture and pressure from my peers govern my every move. I was afraid to dress in fashions that attracted me, I did not listen to music I felt spoke to me the most, and I stayed in an unhealthy, emotionally abusive relationship. All of the ridiculous behavior that I subjected myself to was to impress people I am no longer in contact with and will not recognize in twenty years. If I could go back, I would tell myself that my efforts were in vain. I would have changed my situation.

People that really love God and want to become a stronger Christian should come here. The rules are fairly strict by collegiate standards, but students are still able to have fun. So, people that want to become stronger in their walk with Christ and who do not mind rules should come here.

Kate

I would encourage myself to try harder in high school. It's important to apply yourself in school, try to achieve good grades, and enjoy high school life while you can. College is much harder and demands more effort and application. I would encourage myself to try different fields of study in high school. Talk to professionals in an array of fields and discuss what they like/dislike about their career. I would also encourage myself to not limit my options......explore all kinds of career paths and have fun while doing it! Like the saying goes, "Find out what you love to do then figure out how to get paid for it!!"

I can't think of a single thing. I love my school!!

Evangel University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.