Springfield, MO
Evangel University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Evangel University

Jenny

Evangel is the most widely known Assemblies of God college in the midwest. It is known for having rules against alcohol and drug use, but for those who agree with the university standards these are not hard to abide by. The school is known for believeing any profession can be done to the glory of God, and all of it's curriculum is based around this truth. It is a Christian collge, but there the Activities Board is very good at providing good entertainment even without alcohol.

Evangel fits me perfectly. There are standards at this school, but the administration is not over-bearing about them. Evangel provides a unique blend of Christian atmosphere, rich social life, and emphasis on academics. I can be my own person at this school while working to better my future. There are plenty of ways to get involved on campus, and at the same time there are plenty of places to get away from everything and study when I need to. The smaller atmosphere of the college means teachers can focus on what theri students need. It's perfect for me.

College is a time of change, regarless if you choose a college that is close to home. Your friends are going to leave you and you'll find yourself missing people you never even knew. Don't be afraid to get help; a lot of college students experience depression. You don't have to be afraid of change, though. I know there's a lot of pressure for you to choose the right school and major as if it will define your future forever. There is some truth to that, but a good majority of freshmen end up switching their major and still more transfer, and that's okay. Don't choose a college for the sole purpose of getting away from home and don't worry about the money. The right college is worth the debt, or at least I hope so. Stay undecided for at least freshman year. That will help you get your berings straight. You're going to meet a lot of new people. Some you will be instant friends with, and others will hate you for no reason at all. Stay true to who you are. Your future is bright!

Don’t let anyone make decisions for you, but do seek advice from those who are in the position to give it. At the start of my college career, I didn’t know what kind of career I wanted to pursue. I let my friends decide which college I would attend and even what my major would be. At the same time, I was hardheaded and didn’t want to talk to an adviser. I have learned from my mistakes. I know now what great people are ready and willing to help me reach my goals. All I had to do was seek them out. College is no longer intimidating and confusing. It’s an opportunity to learn, grow, and improve upon myself, and I intend to experience as much as I can. A good friend of mine often says that college is wasted on the youth. I want to prove her wrong.

Celina

If I could go back in time and tell myself as a senior in high school advice about college I would tell myself to learn how to study better and how to manage my time. I would tell myself to not get anxiety over a big exam, to just breathe and take the test. I would tell myself to take easy and fast notes that I understand so I can study for. Also, being a college student you’re on your own and you don't have your parents by you the whole time. I would tell myself how to have good time management with homework, studying, working, hanging out with friends, and keeping in touch with my family. But the best thing that I would tell myself being a high school student is letting myself know that I will learn many new things about myself in college. I will be more independent . I will not be influenced by others but instead stand my ground. I will become a better person while being in college. I will tell myself college isn’t too bad as some people make it seem.

I love that before we even started classes at Evangel we had an event called EU Launch where freshmen students get to meet other freshmen students. Today I still hang out with people from that group and I even got to meet other people through bigger events. Our school puts their effort of making sure that the students have things to do during the weekends. For example, we have DVD Bingo every other week where we get to have fun and meet other people. I have asked my friends if their school does this and they don't.

I wish I would have known that my stuff in my dorm doesn't stay throughout my four years here at Evangel. I know there are other schools that let students leave their things in the dorm during the summer whereas my school doesn't. It is too much of a hassle for me to take out all my things from my dorm, put it in my parent's van, and travel back to Chicago, and load my things off into my house that is 9 hours away from my school!

Maronica

If i were to go back in time to my high school years i would have made all my negative impacts a more positive impact i have had many stuggles and dropped out at an early age of 16 years old and decided to get back into school two years later when i was 18 years old and it gave me more modivation because i made alot of mistakes that i cant change when i was young and what influenced me was my parents and children, i accomplished to get my high school dipolma in 2009 at the age of 20 years old and decided to go to college from there on i have been setting goals for my self and this has been my stuggle through life and i have made it through my years as a teenager to make whats best of my self and get an higher education so i can further my career in Biology science. My advice i would give my self is dont give up your doing good you made a impact in your life to get to where your at and always know in your heart you can make a difference.

Jaime

If I could, somehow magically go back in time, and have the opportunity to have a brief conversation with myself, I would emphasize how important timing really is. One of my downfalls as a senior in high school was, the anxiety of the cost of college itself. Much to speculation, I pushed college aside to find an alternative to pay for school. I was too green to realize that there were options for me to participate in financial aid, in which I failed to comprehend the grants open to anyone willing to put forth effort in education of higher learning. At the time, so much too quickly was happening, which caused me to turn a blind eye for my future, college. I did learn the hard way, but with so much help with money for college, enrolling was very simple. I am very grateful for the aid I am receiving now, and if I had the opportunity to go back and aware myself of this, I would have started much sooner, at a much younger age. I do regret slightly for not starting sooner but, I am now in school and going on strong.

Amy

I would have told my high school self a few different points of advice. Firstly, I would have tell myself that I have ADD, and that I am not a bad student I just have a challenge to overcome! I wasn't diagnosed until after I completed some college. Knowing that I had ADD back in high school would have really made a difference in how I preceived myself and applied my efforts as a student. Secondly, I would tell my high school self to go back to college much earlier in life. While it's great going back to college at thirty years old, it is far more difficult to juggle my life and school now then it would have been back then. I would not give up my beautiful two year old daughter for anything, however if I had already finished college we would have a better quality of life now.

My classmates love God and are wanting to do his will in life.

My classmates love God and are wanting to do his will in life.

What is unique about Evangel University compared to other schools is it smaller. It has a little over 2,000 students. It is an Assemblies of God based school. So we incorporate faith and education. The professors pray for us before class as well. It is a liberal arts school. We think it is important that everyone knows their calling in life. Does not have to be ministry that is why we offer other majors like anyother school.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would tell myself three things to do better on. The first thing I would say is to learn how to study. In high school I did not need to study and I did great. But in college you need to study to pass. Also another thing is I would tell myself to always read the readings given. Like studying, I would blow off the reading and still do great but in college it is different. Lastly, I would tell myself to learn how to listen in class and take good notes. In high school they gave us an outline of notes or a simple powerpoint. Here in college they just lecture and I need to learn on taking good notes. In conclusion, if I could go back in time and tell my senior self what to do better on for college it would be studying, reading, and good note taking.

Autumn

First of all, go straight to a university. Living on my own, working two jobs and taking 19 units in college is very difficult. Also, care more about school than friends. The majority of them won't be your life-long friends anyway whereas your education will be with you forever. Everything you do now will affect you for your entire life. Every assignment affects your grade. Every grade affects your GPA. Your GPA affects what schools you get into. The school you get your degree from affects how far you can go in life. Do every assignment the night it is assigned. It is a great habit to get into and it will come in handy in college. It is very easy to get straigh A's if you just do all the assignments. Do not hold yourself back because of social reasons. Reach for the highest possible goal because I know you can acheive it.

Marcella

If I could go back in time and talk to my self as a high school senior I would advise my self to take my GPA seriously and to try on my SAT and ACT. As a high school senior I took my GPA for granted. Because I had a 4.0 GPA and was salutatorian, thought that I could give my self some slack and not turn in a couple of assignments. Little did I know that there were many people that were waiting for me to falter. I went from a perfect 4.0 to a GPA of 3.8 I was still able to maintain my position in the top ten percent of my graduating class but it would have been even more glorious if I were able to graduate as salutatorian. When it came down to taking my SAT and ACT I performed very poorly because I did not study and did not think that the exam was a big deal. I would speed through the exams so that I could have some more sleep due to a late night. Little did I know that these exams would play a big part in my college carrier.

Evangel University is a great university; the campus is very vibrant and peaceful. I would have to say that the best thing about Evangel is the welcoming staff and student body. It is nice to know that the professors care and that their ultimate goal is not to give their students a bad time, but to help the students to the best of their abilities. Unlike many other campuses, Evangels students are very supportive and love to help any way they can. Most of the student lead organizations are to help the community and to help the needing.

I thought I was really prepared when I set foot at Evangel, but the First thing that blew me out of the water was not knowing how to take good class notes. I was so use to taking my time while taking notes that when I got to Evangel I realized that what I thought was normal was really slow. I would also not be able to take adequate notes. I really struggled when it came down to studying for exams because the content of my notes were useless. Therefore, my exam grades really suffered.

Nina

Everyone here is very nice and will go out of there way to help you with whatever you need.

I would tell myself that I need to learn how to study in high school so that when I get to college the first semester isn’t as hard. I would emphasize how the professors are friendly and there to help aid me in my learning. I might explain that you don’t need to know what you want to major in because you will probably change your major anyways. Don’t stress out over the little things and try to focus on the bigger picture. To remember that if you stumble and fall get back up with a smile on your face. I would say that having a social life while keeping your grades up isn’t easy but eventually you will learn how to balance both. I would put a strong emphasis on how important sleep is. I would tell myself that no challenge is too hard to overcome as long as you have God on your side. Always remember that eventually you will look back on these moments in college and miss them so enjoy them while they last.

Someone who really wants to build there relationship with God. They should also have a strong desire to learn. This person should be friendly and willing to help others.

Evangel University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.