Springfield, MO
Evangel University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Evangel University

David

College has given me some perspective on what I need for life. Obviously when a person goes to college they should expect to work for their grade. What has helped me the most and what I am most thankful for is the opportunity for me to meet people and grow relationally. I lack in being a great outgoing person, but college has taught and is teaching me how to communicate with people. As I have gotten older I have realized that sometimes it is skill to be able to get along with people in any situation. Also, learning how to use the information that my professors give me and being able to apply it to life and the business environment has opened my eyes to my fields of study. The best thing about college for me then has been the opportunity to interact with different people. To be honest I could get a set of skills for a much cheaper price, but that robs me of the skills I need to operate with people in the real world. This is one of my greatest appreciations of college so far and I’m sure there will be much more to come.

The community on campus is tight nit. It’s easy to get to know a lot of people and the school activities and function thrive on you making long term relationships and lifelong friends. Your professors are easy to talk to and most make the extra effort to make sure that you are doing well in class and in life. It is an invaluable attribute to have at your disposal as a student. There is no way to describe the comfort knowing that you have people around you who are there to make sure that you are prepared for life.

Evangel University is first and foremost a Christian university. To be able to thrive at this school you must have a desire to grow closer to Christ. While it is not a necessity that the student is a Christian, most of the classes are based on Christian beliefs. The school is a liberal arts university so that gives the student the opportunity to major in what they would like, and while the classes may be Christian based that does not mean that the information will be altered for the sake of Christianity. Evangel will challenge you to grow, period.

Kathleen

Evangel University has the best campus, profesors, and student population for me; focusing on my spiritual, academic, and social growth.

Evangel University gives me the best experience for learning and college life. I have more challenges in academics than high school, still maintaining a high GPA, and have truly grown personally from living far away from home. The atmosphere of this school is the most welcoming campus that I have experienced and has the top priority of strengthening its students spiritually. I have learned how to make close friendships, volunteer throughout the community, study well, and build a resume for my career choice. There are always opportunities to spend time in the field of your choice to learn from professionals. All these aspects make Evangel a very valuable university.

People who believe in Jesus Christ and strive to combine their love for God with school and other students.

Rebecca

My school is best known for giving it's student a quality liberal arts education with a strong christian foundation, nurturing spiritual, intellectual, emotional and social life. We have a wide variety of programs, and one of the most notable qualities is that there is a wide variety of over 100 different majors to choose from.

My college experience has been one of challenges and strife. My college is over 1,000 miles away from home, and I came here knowing no one, being out on my own for the first time in my life Homesickness was the worst, and I just wanted to go home so badly. But the great thing about Evangel is that you are with 2,000 other students in the same situation. Through this experience, I have grown as a person, spiritually, mentally, emotionally and in so many other ways. I have become more confident and sure of who I am. I have been challenged and stretched intellectually, and have learned to learn in an entirely different way. My college experience has definitely been one of the pinnacles of my entire life, and I am so excited to see what my future holds for me, both here at Evangel and after college.

Personally, the worst thing about my school is that it is so far away from home and I'm far away from the closest family. I am all alone here, and I live in New Jersey, so the distance is probably the hardest thing to deal with in going to school out of state.

Danielle

Evangel University strives to create a great learning environment, challenge students to be their best, and to follow God's calling for their lives.

My college experience for the past year and a half has been life changing. I am surrounded by energetic and loving students as well as professors that truly care about you. Not only do the professors care about you as an individual, but they also challenge you to become your best. The faculty at Evangel University strives to support the students in any way they can. They encourage students to follow God's plan for your life and to become the best person you can be. There are many different ways you can get involved on campus, so it is hard not to find friends. I have learned to challenge myself and dig deeper into my faith. Evangel has challenged me to not be comfortable with where I am at, but to strive for more in my life.

A person should be willing to challenge his or herself academically and spiritually. The professors are always available for help and there are many different resources to be used on campus. A person has a lot of opportunities to get involved on campus and in the community. A student looking to attend a smaller, Christian, welcoming campus should choose Evangel University.

Jonathan

My classmates are, for the most part, very hard working, responsible, and eager to learn about their major.

My college experience has been amazing. I can't think of a time where I've had so much freedom to be the me I want to be. College has given me the opportunities to sharpen my skills and become the man I should be. It sounds so cliché, but the future is in my hands. The attitude I choose, the portfolio I establish, and the skills I learn here are a direct correlation to how wide the door of opportunity will open when I leave to pursue my career. I feel so blessed to attend college. I can remember thinking in high school, "Why does this matter? It's not even what I want to do!", but now I'm able to study what I choose. Here I learn what I want to learn. It's great! On top of that, I've made a group of friends that are about the coolest people on earth. They're the icing on the cake, so to speak. So far, college has been the best thing that's happened to me and I can't wait to see what the next three years will bring!

I wish had known just how much responsibility would be placed in my hands. From here on out, there's no more mommy and daddy to hold my hand. It's only me: I'm responsible for everything grade I get, dollar I spend, and minute that passes me by. A lot of freedom is placed in your hands once you come into a college setting.

Evangel maybe a little school, but we are a tight-knit community working together, supporting one another in whatever direction you choose to go.

I transferred into Evangel as a junior. I was nervous about making friends, but that changed dramaticallly. I met so many people during the orientation weekend that I would never trade it in for the world. As new people come every semester, I have met more people and some of them are some of my best friends. I have learned so much here, not just in the classroom, but about myself. The discussions that we have in the classroom challenge my beliefs, opinions and what i was taught by my parents. It makes me want to have my own opinion, even if it is not the most popular choice. Sometimes I think about what if I accepted a different school's offer. I cannot imagine having gone anywhere else because the people that I have met, I would not trade them in for anyone else. Also, one of my professors truly challenges me to do my best, even if I am sleep-deprived the following morning while handing in the finished product. He always encourages me to become better and be more positive about my writing. I love where I am at and would not change it for the world.

I would have to say the limited amount of work study jobs that are available on campus. There simply is not enough for everyone and it is frustrating. I receive works study every semester from the government, but there are no jobs left when I look on my school's website to apply for one. I do receive a lot of finacial aid, but not getting work study makes it more difficult on me. The Financial Aid team is wonderful and are so helpful. They really do care about the students and work very hard to keep them here.

Kelsey

My college experience has been very valuable to me for many reasons. Evangel University's staff is made up of many caring professors that desire you to succeed in your chosen career as well as in life in general. The professors make an effort to learn your name and care about your well-being and wish you to accell in their class; I am not just a number at my school. This is very beneficial and valuable because it makes it easier to talk to your professors when a question arises concerning their course or when you need guidance in a particular area of your life. They will be there for you and do whatever they can to help you. The classes that I have attended have been very positive experiences. My classes and professors have all pushed me to accell in my field of study. The classes have provided me with a wealth of knowledge that I am sure will benefit me greatly now as well as when I graduate and am ready to become a professional in my workplace.

I feel that Evangel University adequately informs their prospective students of what to expect before they arrive at school. Faculty and staff are available to answer questions about finances, classes, and more at the university and there are social networks that allow prospective students to communicate with current students to answer questions concerning campus life. Because of this, the process of getting adjusted to and becoming familiar with campus life was a smooth transition.

It amazes me how much I have gotten out of attending Evangel University and I have only been here for about five months. One thing that I have gotten out of this school are fantastic classes and professors. The classes that I have taken and am currently taking are paving the way to strengthen my education and lead me to fulfilling my career goals and dreams. The professors work so hard to make the classes meaningful, useful, and productive for our education. They do a great job at this. Another thing that I have gotten out of this experience is wonderful friends. I have become so close with the people here on campus. They are encouraging and very kind. Having good friends is valuable to me because I want to make friendships that are going to last past my college years. I have become friends with people that constantly lift me up and help me follow my dreams. Another very important thing that I have gotten out of this experience is maturity. I have learned how to make wiser decisions on my own. I consider this valuable because it is helping me become the adult I want to be.

I consider the atmosphere of the school in general to be the best thing about it because there is so much positive energy. The classroom activity is fantastic. The professors truly work hard to make their classes productive and useful to the students' education. The professors' goal is to see their students succeed and they do a great job at it. The people you live with become your closest friends and they are nothing but encouraging and fun to be around. There is also an abundance of activities that relate to personal interests and even your career!

A person who is more interested in partying or just fooling around should not attend this school. Evangel University is for students who are interested in pursuing their career goals and dreams and strengthening their spirtiual walk as well.

What I have recieved so far out of my college experience, is that it is everything I thought it would be. I always heard of the parties and how hard it is, and you will not have anytime for fun. My experience is a little different than that. What I have experienced is everyone is trying to decide what they want to do in life. The classes are hard and requires more work, but that is what college is all about. Its to help us learn more and gain more knowledge and be educated. I have gained many relationships so far and college is fun. You can be in college as long as you want, but to enjoy it while it last is they key. Gain the most knowledge we can to better ourselves for the future. College has been a blessing to me, because it is keeping me away from the things I would probably get cought up in. College is very important to me, because I would love to get a great job after and retain the knowledge that i had learned to pass on to others.

I believe the worst thing about my school is how expensive it is. Not everyone can afford to go Evangel without having to take a loan out, or getting a scholarship, and grant. Most students that go to Evangel are on some sort of financial aid. The way things are going right now in our economy, definetly makes it much harder for anyone to go to school and expect them to pay the money back after they are done. I believe that my school should lower the cost for tuition, so more students could afford to come here.

If you are not a believer in Christ and do not want to grow spiritually in the Lord, then Evangel would not be the school for you. Evangel is a spirit filled Bible believing school, that help students grow and prepare them when they enter the real world. Not only do they have Degree Programs in almost anything, but the spiritual emphasis make Evangel worth coming. The relationships, and spiritual growth is the core of Evangel and if you do not believe in that, then Evangel may not be where you want to attend.

Zach

My classmates at Evangel University are very hard working and intelligent.

My classmates at Evangel University are very hard working and intelligent.

I have really enjoyed my time at Evangel and I have learned how to manage my time in school with football training, social life, and school work. I have also learned a lot about money management and being on my own. I have also learned that making extra time to study and going to bed early is very essential in being prepared for my classes. It has been very valuable to attend Evangel University because it has helped me find some of the best friends that I will ever have and get a great education at a Christian based school. I am very privileged to be attending this University.

The most frustrating thing about my school is that it is very expensive to attend. It then makes it hard for us to have any breathing room after we graduate because we will be stuck in debt with just school bills.

Evangel University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.