Springfield, MO
Evangel University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Evangel University

Zach

My classmates at Evangel University are very hard working and intelligent.

My classmates at Evangel University are very hard working and intelligent.

I have really enjoyed my time at Evangel and I have learned how to manage my time in school with football training, social life, and school work. I have also learned a lot about money management and being on my own. I have also learned that making extra time to study and going to bed early is very essential in being prepared for my classes. It has been very valuable to attend Evangel University because it has helped me find some of the best friends that I will ever have and get a great education at a Christian based school. I am very privileged to be attending this University.

The most frustrating thing about my school is that it is very expensive to attend. It then makes it hard for us to have any breathing room after we graduate because we will be stuck in debt with just school bills.

Jacob

I have learned the importance of self-discipline and the necessity for achieving what I am capable of. Whether it be in relationships, friendships, in the classroom, at work, or studying, doing what needs to be done on time and in the best way possible defines the success of an individual in college. It has been valuable to attend college because I have been challenged mentally, physically, emotionally, and spiritually, growth in which has made me a stronger and more able individual to help others.

Someone whose faith is a large aspect of who they are, but also wants to receive a solid liberal arts education and meet friends and professors that will create lifelong relationships.

Some of the rules on campus dissuade lots of social interaction, such as open dorms only 4 nights a week for 4 hours. Also, there is curfew and it is easy to feel like the school is jsut giving a false sense of freedom; we're free to do what we want within the rules, but when we push it too far the school is there to come after us.

Heather

Evangel University is best known for its Christian environment. It provides an environment that promotes spiritual, academic, and social growth. Evangel is also known for the small class size and friendly professors.

I have absolutley enjoyed my college experience so far. I have made incredible friends that I will have for a long time. I love having the Christian atmosphere because others understand where I am coming from and some of the struggles that I have dealt with. Also I enjoy the small class sizes that enable the students to get to know the professors. The professors are always willing to help and make themselves available. the education that Evangel University provides will help me find a good job because I will be knowledgeable of my area of stucy. The professors also include faith integration into their teaching. They have helped me learn how I should integrate my faith into my future career. I have learned so much while obtaining an education at Evangel. One of the most improtant things I have learned is who I am as a person. Evangel University has challenged me to figure out what I beliive and why I believe it. I would not trade this experience for anything.

Anyone interested in pursuing an education while also promoting their spiritual growth in a Christian environment.

When asked what Evangel is known for, the answer is based on our willing spirit to go out and serve in our vocations. From the very start of our first day of classes to after we graduate, the Professors are supporting, praying, and believing that we can impact the people around us. Our 100 plus programs offer many opportunities to prepare us for our future. With the knowledge and experience we grasp from these opportunities our students feel confident for the road ahead of them. Life is not always easy, but at Evangel the "I can" attitude is greatly perceived.

Being a member of the Evangel family was a hard concept to grasp when first arriving at Evangel, but as the week’s past I soon discovered this statement was true. With my second semester underway, I am loving my college experience. Unlike other schools, Evangel's Professors truly care about their students and strive to provide them with the best. The campus life is wonderful, and I have made friends whose values and beliefs are similar to mine. Most importantly, I feel as if I am not only a part of a school, but a part of a community that attends school for one specific purpose...to be educated in their future vocations while growing into a deeper relationship with God. Each year a multitude of college students drop out of due to class attendance and it makes me wonder why they don’t value attending. In high school, some classes prepared us for college while others were easy A’s. In college, the classes we take prepare us for our future and teach us how we can impact the world around us. This experience is valuable as it helps us spread our wings and take flight.

At an university there are many things that can become irratating or frustrating; however, at Evangel Univeristy, these frustrations don't occur. Although we are a private Christian College and known for our dancing policy, the professionalism, respect, and attitudes of the students shine brightly. I believe that each student is here for a purpose and wants to further their education so he/she can be the best in their vocation. Evangel University is a place where we can grow in ourselves and grow in God. How can we be irratated when we know what we're doing is right?

Karah

Evangel University is a liberal arts school that provides multiple oppurtunities for its students to pursue careers in various majors and vocations with a Bible based education.

The most significant experience that I have had in my first of college would be learning to manage my time. Not only do I become overwhelmed with the amount of work my classes require, but I face the temptation to procrastinate. There is also quite a bit of free time when I do not have a lot of work on my hands. I have really learned the importance of setting aside certain time for studying, socializing and the other things that demand time. Being on my own and left with more responsibility as an adult, I have also taken on a job which requires much more time than I was expecting! The positive side of this is that I feel acomplished and more prepared now that I have learned the significance of good time management. College has always been a blessing for me due to the finances and more challenging education. It has been incredibly valuable to attend for both educational purposes as well as skills such as communication and leadership. My college experience is most definitely impacting my future plans in a positive way.

It is just so far away from my home! Evangel is a great school with an amazing education, but it is not close to home.

Andrea

I have learned so much from being at college. I have learned how to work hard to gain an education so that I can be the best teacher that I can be. I have also learned how to accept and love other as we live in a dorm all together. I have learned how to be successful with finanaces on my own. I have learned that it takes time and work to accomplish our dreams. I have also learned that I can be independent and be my own person.

I believe that the best thing about Evangel Unversity is the campus community. Each floor of the dorms is very close. I also love the professors and how they desire to know every student. I think that Evangel is like a big family. The professors have us over to their homes for dinner and study groups and always provide their homes for people to stay if they can't make it home for a special holiday break.

I don't personally believe this to be the worst thing about my school because I think that it is very important for a Christian schools to have high standards but I know that many students become frustrated with the strict dress code and no dancing policy. I think that the no dancing policy is being changed right now, but I think that those areas are the things people mostly dislike about our school.

Morgan

The classmates at Evangel University are caring, loving, studious, discplined christians, eager to learn about there career and the plan that God has for them.

There are many students that come to college for there career and career only. The college experience is not just about succeeding academically but also socially. Coming into college I did not really know what to expect, or what I wanted to do with the rest of my life. I have only been in college for one semester, but this semester has challenged me and made me grow as a person. Evangel University has challenged me in a way of trying to know what God and I want to do with my life. With the great professors and classes I have found what i am good at and this has shown me what I would enjoy for my career. My college experience has helped me grow as an individual. Moving out of my house and really learning who I am is very important as a young adult. It has been valuable to attend because it prepares you for the real world academically and socially. You learn so much from college that you should attend to be the best you can be.

McKenzie

I have been a college student for one semester and I have already learned so much. I have learned how to cope in stressful situation, I have learned how to be independent being far away from home, I have learned what hard work is, and I have learned how to better my time. College is an extremely growing experience for an individual. I have learned a large amount of life lessons and also a lot in my studies. It is difficult to be away from everything you used to know so you have to learn how to be independent and you learn more about yourself. The most valuable thing that I have learned is to take one day at a time. This is the only thing you can do; I cannot stress out about my future and school work because that will not help anything. All I can do is everyday do the best I can and strive to become a better person and student. Becoming stressed just ways you down and makes everything more difficult. In tough times I have learned to take a deep breath and do the best I can do.

If I could have known one thing before I came to Evangel University, it would probably be to know how many credits I would need to take to graduate. If I would have known this information I would have taken more college classes while I was in high school so that I could transfer them here before I even began college. It would be nice to have some of the general education classes done before I came to school so I would have more classes under my belt and be able to focus on my major.

I love my school and there are so many great things about it. However, one thing that struggle with is all of the general education classes that I have to take. I do understand that they want us to have a solid general education but alot of my time here is taking general classses and I would rather be able to learn more about becomeing better at my profession so that I can be the best teacher I can be.

Hope

My school provides a liberal arts education from a Godly worldview with the intent of helping students better the world by fulfilling thier dreams and improving their actions.

Students that are passionate about what career they want to pursue and compassionate towards others while working to better society.

Since I have entered college I have grown up more. I am more mature and I am more aware of what is happening in the world around me. Without the experiences that I have gone through, I would not be able to be the bright young woman in search of a career in a man's world, that I am today. My future experiences should help me to become a bright young woman who is passionate about God, my education, helping others, and being a part of society. Without my education I would not be able to have met the lifelong friends I have now. Evangel University has made me excited for what the future holds for me.

Shelby

I have always loved learning and growing. My time at Evangel has been a growing experience. The University has equipped me with knowledge that I will never forget. I know who I am and what I stand for. Evangel has tested my beliefs and made them all the more stronger. The learning atmosphere is very safe and makes it easy to ask questions without feeling stupid. I feel like everyone truly cares about my personal acedemic growth and spiritual growth. The students all want to learn and are very interested in what is being taught. I love being in an environment where everyone is so nice and acedemically minded.

I love the professors; they want students to learn and pass their class. There are many oppurtunities to get acedemic help and tutoring. I also love the community. I feel so safe all the time. Everyone is so friendly and focused on becoming better people and growing within themselves.

I wish the financial registration would have been clearer. I also would have liked there to be more oppurtunities to get to know the other freshman.

Evangel University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.