Springfield, MO
Evangel University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Evangel University

Raini

The vast majority of them are geeks.

The vast majority of them are geeks.

What I have gotten out of my college experience thus far is perspective. I've learned how small I really am in this big world. I've learned how easy it is to get distracted, and what it takes to apply myself in life. It has been a challenge. Living away from my family has not been too difficult, but disciplining myself instead of relying on them to keep me focused has been tough. I've also learned a thing or two about faith and reliance upon God--not just for my financial situation, but for peace in the midst of the storm--literally. I've taken a step of faith by attending a college in tornado alley, as I'm lilapsophobic. I never had to deal with this fear of tornadoes while I was growing up in the mountains, but now it's something I have to face every time a storm rolls through. THAT has proved to be the toughest part of living so far from home. Yet I'm prepared to face and overcome the challenge. And there are people here who are more than willing to help me toward that end.

It has a spiritual emphasis, but also offers far more academic and career options than an ordinary Bible college.

Wacey

My school is a small, private, tight-knit community that emphasizes succeeding in the career that they choose and applying their relationship with God to it.

While attending college, I have grown exponentially as a person and as a Christian. The ability to think on my own and make my own decisions have enabled me to mature individually, socially, and academically. I have also learned how to step up and take resposibilities for my academic work. I have been encouraged to seek after the things that I want most out of life while attending Evangel. I have especially appreciated the willingness of the proffessors at Evangel to meet with me personally and help me out in my academics. Thank you for considering me for this scholarship. Wacey Rivale

I consider the cost of tuition to be the worst thing about my school because it cost $22,000 a year. They do not offer many financial aid options for students who are not pastor kids or missionary kids. I am neither of those, so I have to come up with the full $22,000 dollars, unlike most of the other students.

Nick

My school, Evangel University, is best known for its intracultural studies and musical majors. Evangel is aslo know for its lower student to teacher ratio that allows the professors to be more interactive with individual students. The most important thing that Evangel likes to be recognized for is the beilief that God has a special calling for each individual and Evangel hopes to helps individuals in their steps toward God's calling on the students life.

In my experience at Evangel I have learned how to increase my self motivation and discipline when it comes to getting things done. College has also taught me the importance of responsibilty and consistancy with the effort that I put forth. Another thing that I have learned here at Evangel is the importance of networking. A lot of times when it comes down to who gets that job or that opportunity it is your connections that can give you the upper hand.

When talking to my friends about my school I brag about how much each professor actually cares about each individual student. I also love telling my friends about the family like community that I feel from the Evangel students and faculty.

Gabrielle

After attending my college I have grown into a mature and responsible adult. I believe that if I had not attended college after high school , it would have taken longer for me to realize that I must work hard for things I want in life. I was just accepted into the dental hygiene program at Mohave Community College. I have worked hard to get to where I am today and it has not been easy. Once a year eighteen students are accepted in the dental hygiene program from all over the United States. Fortunately, I was accepted into the program the first time I applied. It has been valuable to attend college because it has given me so many life lessons that I will carry with me through out my lifetime. It has given me the privilege of being an educated person for which that has given me a higher self esteem. There are few things in life that can never be taken away from someone; one of those things is an education. That is why I believe attending college is so valuable.

Kelly

Evangel is best known for its emphasis on students discovering their "calling." Evangel staff and faculty believe that every student possesses unique strengths and is "called" to use those abilities in whatever area of academic study and work they pursue. To begin each student's journey of self-awareness, every student takes an assessment their freshmen year to discover their top strengths. Students are then presented with numerous academic and extracurricular opportunities to develop a deep and practical understanding of their strengths. Evangel excels in helping students discover areas in which the student is passionate, gifted, and "called" to serve.

My college experience was invaluable to my life-long success. The professors and staff presented me with a plethora of opportunities that helped me discover the areas in which I excel and my unique strengths. Coming to college, I did not have a good understanding of my natural abilities or what I wanted to study. Through the residential life staff and professors, I found an area about which I realized I was inherently passionate, Social Work. Through the Social Work Program at Evangel, my eyes were opened to all the areas in which I could serve people, and the education thoroughly prepared me for real-life professional work. The professors developed mentoring relationships with me and have continually helped me succeed. In addition to the excellent education and level of self-awareness I achieved, I was connected with friendships that will last a life-time. These friendships will not only provide continual strength and camaraderie, but they will assist me in the future as I have connections with successful Evangel Alumni across the nation and world. The opportunities to develop my personal strengths, academic abilities, and social network will help me to be successful in my life pursuits.

People who possess a sense of excitement and openness will excel at Evangel. Those who are excited to discover their strengths and "calling", and are open to opportunities to delve deeper into these will experience success at Evangel. People who desire to be mentored by excellent professors, to be challenged academically, to build life-long friendships, and to grow in their faith should attend Evangel. People who want to be a part of a close-knit community and have a strong support system of professors, campus staff, and students are the people who should be a part of Evangel.

Tim

Evangel University is a faith based school that teachess students to pursue education and truth in all areas of study while also learning to be contributing members of the communities in which they are involved.

They were smart, friendly, compassionate people who desired to see those around them succeed and were willing to step outside of their own needs and concerns to help those around them, both personally and scholastically.

I believe that through education, we not only learn about the world around us, but we discover who we are as individuals. My education at Evangel University has played a huge role in shaping myself and my character. I have learned the importance of living a life that reaches outside of my own needs and to the needs and concerns of the people around me. I have learned that a life which truly changes this world is not one that merely collects or gains material securities, but one that reaches out and gives, whether it be through the sharing of kindness, possessions, intellect, or opportunities. My education through Evangel University has instilled in me the importance of living for others and outside of myself, and I can no longer be satisfied with a life that gratifies my needs but leaves no lasting impression on the community and people around me. At the heart of education is the pursuit of truth, and there are few truths more precious to our understanding than the value of the people around us and the opportunities we have to bless their lives, the doing of which transforms our own.

MIRIAM

August,23,2010 was my first year in college, and i have learned that in order to succed in life i have to be responsible and i also have to encourage my self to do what my teachers,parents and i are expecting from me to be succesful .my parents are not here to lead me by the hand anymore. it is very important and valuable to attent to collage, because i want the future that my parents had to work all this years for me. it is also important because i'm giving my sibilings an example of continued with their education because at the end that is for what our parents work for all this years ,and if we want to know what is life college is the perfect example for life buying expensive books,living alone, supporting ours selfs and the most important planning our future. college give us all this expirience of life.

Nik

Well i have just enrolled into Bluegrass Community College and the college experience even at a small school like this is so much different than that of high school. The learning is more understanding and higher level which makes you have to take an effort to learn and understand the subject. The huge variety of students from all different countrys also add on to the experience from when you talk to them and found out all about how they came to be in the United States and why they came here to study. It has been most valuable to attend because I know that with college i'm setting a goal and getting somewhere in life.

Katelyn

My college experience has allowed me to peek on the inside of my being and to catch a glimpse of the person I am to become. Suddenly I am a person who is aware of the opportunities outside of the small town I grew up in. The boundaries are now few and the world is truly mine for the taking. I have met people from all walks of life and I value the wisdom they have shared with me about their culture, beliefs, and way of life. I have a new appreciation for people and what they can teach us. I am challenged to become a person who thinks "outside the box" and even better, one who "thinks" on his/her own. My ideas, thoughts and beliefs are not looked down upon, but encouraged. The college experience is not only valuable in preparing people for successful careers, it is also valuable in teaching us the importance of being people who give back to society. Whether it be volunteering, teaching, or simply caring about our neighbor, college is equipping me with the tools necessary to become a better person.

Evangel is a diverse school with a student body comprised of over 40 different religious denominations. Not only am I getting a top-notch education, I am learning about many different ethnic groups and making friends that will last a lifetime. The campus encourages involvement in many different community service projects, overseas missions, and other cultural activities that promote growth as an individual and as a member of society. I truly feel as though Evangel is equipping me to become a better person and one that will be successful in many areas of life.

Evangel is a small university and has small classes. Although that is usually considered positive, it can also be very challenging. A student cannot disappear in a classroom or lecture hall and everyone knows him/her on campus. Evangel is like a small town where everybody knows everybody whether you like it or not. So, if you don't want to be encouraged to participate, interact, and get to know people and professors, Evangel would not be the place for you.

It is small in size yet large academically. The teachers are friendly and helpful and the students are welcoming. All of the buildings on campus are in short walking distance of eachother and all are up to date. Academics covers everything from science to art to athletics. Every one can find a home at Evangel. The dorms are spatious and relatively quiet.

Even though I have only been attending Evangel for a few months I feel like I have grown emotionally and spiritually. I am generally a very shy and reserved person but Evangel has changed me. I am now in a leadership role and am excited to see what will come of this opportunity. The friendships I have made over this short period of time are going to last my life time. They have helped me through stressful times and have laughed with me through fun times. Evangel University has been such a blessing in my life because it is giving me the opportunity to learn about my career and prepare me for the life I will have to face after I graduate.

It does not offer the classes I wanted to add to my degree.

Evangel University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.