Springfield, MO
Evangel University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Evangel University

Katelyn

My college experience has allowed me to peek on the inside of my being and to catch a glimpse of the person I am to become. Suddenly I am a person who is aware of the opportunities outside of the small town I grew up in. The boundaries are now few and the world is truly mine for the taking. I have met people from all walks of life and I value the wisdom they have shared with me about their culture, beliefs, and way of life. I have a new appreciation for people and what they can teach us. I am challenged to become a person who thinks "outside the box" and even better, one who "thinks" on his/her own. My ideas, thoughts and beliefs are not looked down upon, but encouraged. The college experience is not only valuable in preparing people for successful careers, it is also valuable in teaching us the importance of being people who give back to society. Whether it be volunteering, teaching, or simply caring about our neighbor, college is equipping me with the tools necessary to become a better person.

Evangel is a diverse school with a student body comprised of over 40 different religious denominations. Not only am I getting a top-notch education, I am learning about many different ethnic groups and making friends that will last a lifetime. The campus encourages involvement in many different community service projects, overseas missions, and other cultural activities that promote growth as an individual and as a member of society. I truly feel as though Evangel is equipping me to become a better person and one that will be successful in many areas of life.

Evangel is a small university and has small classes. Although that is usually considered positive, it can also be very challenging. A student cannot disappear in a classroom or lecture hall and everyone knows him/her on campus. Evangel is like a small town where everybody knows everybody whether you like it or not. So, if you don't want to be encouraged to participate, interact, and get to know people and professors, Evangel would not be the place for you.

It is small in size yet large academically. The teachers are friendly and helpful and the students are welcoming. All of the buildings on campus are in short walking distance of eachother and all are up to date. Academics covers everything from science to art to athletics. Every one can find a home at Evangel. The dorms are spatious and relatively quiet.

Even though I have only been attending Evangel for a few months I feel like I have grown emotionally and spiritually. I am generally a very shy and reserved person but Evangel has changed me. I am now in a leadership role and am excited to see what will come of this opportunity. The friendships I have made over this short period of time are going to last my life time. They have helped me through stressful times and have laughed with me through fun times. Evangel University has been such a blessing in my life because it is giving me the opportunity to learn about my career and prepare me for the life I will have to face after I graduate.

It does not offer the classes I wanted to add to my degree.

Travis

Being a good Christian arts/professions college

Being a good Christian arts/professions college

There's alot of helpful professers and advisers ready and willing to help.

I learned alot about myself, both in terms of my future profession and as a human being.

Dustin

My college started out as a certificate program in business with a Microsoft certification. After years of waiting, they recieved the opertunity to offer an Associate of Applied Science degree. With these two programs combined, I will recieve a business certificate, Microsoft Certification, a Associates Degree and, an externship. Which, depending on how I preform at my extern-site, might turn into a perminate job placement. I hope that this is the case for me so I can have finacial security in my life and for my child. I want to work towards my Bachelors degree after I have completed my Associates degree but, not untill I have a good job. I have classmates that are on there way to a career from there extern-sites and I hope that is the case for me so I have the financial stabiltity to further my education. The value of a good education and the prospect of a great career is worth the hardships I have faced and even with all that going on. I want to provide my son with a great role model and fill his dreams about the value of college, and what it can do for him.

Kevin

Boldy Christian and Unquestionably Academic.

Boldy Christian and Unquestionably Academic.

This school embodies everything that I believe in. It has shaped, molded, refined, and is continuing in making me the man that I am going to be. The teaching is phenomenal, the professors are high-quality, the people there are so welcoming and this has become my home away from home. Coming here has taught me a lot about myself and a lot about my life. It's putting me on track for the rest of my life.

The expenses and the financial aid program. I kind of wish it would be stronger and be more flexible to be able to accomodate the students. For example, my school is affiliated with the Assemblies of God and the Assemblies of God holds a national youth competition called Fine Arts. Evangel is really picky on giving out a scholarships based off of your performance in Fine Arts. You have to enter into a certain category to be eligible for it. It's not fair in my eyes.

Allison

I have learned the importance of thinking for yourself. All my life I was told what to think, where to go, and what to do with my life. Coming to Evangle has broaden my veiws, enhanced my perspective on life, and challenged me to think for myself. I get to decided what I want and I can be in charge of my future. I now know how to learn from others but also form my own thoughts and opinions. It is valuable because it has helped me become my own person and really begin to define what I want out of life. I can easily say that coming to Evangel has challenged me and taught me more about myself, others, and my future career than I would have ever expected.

I wish I would have known that it was ok not to know exactly what I want to do with my life. I thought I had to have it all planned out before school began, but then realized that as I learned and matured my dreams and goals changed. When you go to college you aren't expected to know everything, youre here to learn and grow. I wish I woul have realized that before I declared a major and would have just taken it slow.

I love the atmosphere of this school. Everyone here is friendly and welcoming. there is always help being given and lots of new friendships to be made. The teachers truly care about each student and the students, for the most part, genuinely want to learn. You will form lifelong friendship will being here as well as learn how to integrate your faith with your career. There is a perfect mix of practical application and larning in the classroom.

Amber

The great quality of educations it gives.

My college experience has taught me to expand my horizons, to view people in a new light, and to grow in every way I can. Going to Evangel will now only shape and mold me mentally but also spiritually, socially, and physically. I’m excited and prepared to grow into the woman I have always wanted to be.

Alexander

The most appropriate motivation to undergo a college experience, particularly in an economic climate as dire as the current one, is to determine the most appropriate career for the attendant during the delicately formative years of young adulthood. When I was approaching my high school graduation, I felt very confused about my options. Though I had several wide interests, none of them felt particularly significant enough to start an entirely successful career after the pageantry of graduation was finally settled. Despite a lifelong skepticism towards college, I decided to enroll myself into community college and get a feel for the experience and see what benefits I could reap. Two rapid years later, on the threshold of entering a full university, I found myself with, if not a concrete plan, at least far more of an idea of what to pursue now than I did as a high school student. College was where I finally found myself within the mutual respect of adulthood, including professors that were extremely thought provoking and a newfound personal maturity. During this time, I have become a far more critical thinker and far more diligent in my creativity. I have gained motivation that was previously absent.

Douglas

My classmates are all non-tradional, meaning we are all older returning students after breaks from 2-20 years.

I've really enjoyed my college experience so far. I decided to finish my education in order to provide a better life for my family and myself. I am married and have three small children, and I want to offer them the best life I possibly can. I want to set a good example for my children, and I think me working hard to finish my education is a great example for them to follow. Neither of my parents attended college, and in my community, college was not viewed as a "have to do" thing. I would like to instill good work ethics in my children and teach them that getting their education is very important. I've had the same dead end job for 10 years, and I dont' want my children to think that settling for any job is okay. I want to be happy in my work, and I feel the only way this will be possible is to better myself, by getting my education, for a better job.

I think anyone could attend Evangel University. It is a school whose values and rules are based on Christianity, but they do not push their beliefs on you. I'm a non-traditional student, so I'm not sure if there is a party atmosphere amound undergraduates. From what I can tell it is a very friendly school that encourages hard work.

Rebekah

I made long lasting relationships with amazing people. My life has completely changed for the better. Thanks to Evangel my faith is stronger and my career goals are abtainable. I couldn't have gotten to where I am today with out the help and guidance from Evangel friends and faculty.

I wish I had known what I wanted to do. I got their and the professors really helped shape who I am today. I have a degree thanks to them and I am not enrolling in grad school.

A person who lacks motivation in general. Students here are full of life, love God and go to class. Everyone graduates with the best grades possible and they go out and change the world.

Evangel University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.