Springfield, MO
Evangel University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Evangel University

Anna

If you're interested in going to a Christian school where you can learn more about God, grow in your faith, and enjoy learning for its own sake, then this would be a great school for you! A lot of people I've talked to who dislike the school have problems because they aren't interested in the spiritual stuff, or get discouraged that they have to take a lot of classes (mostly Bible classes) that don't directly relate to their major. However, the people are fantastic, most of the professors want to see you succeed and are available to make that happen, the dorm life is great, the cafeteria food is getting better (and sometimes it's really good!), and it's a small enough campus (with friendly enough people) that meeting people with similar passions shouldn't be too much of an issue. There are a fair number of rules (like curfew for freshmen, a dress code, and co-ed dorm times for <10hrs/week) that not everyone will agree with, but for the most part people care about you and want to see you succeed.

Cory

I would not recommend going to Evangel University. Their care for their students stems from more of a balanced reciprocity, and they care more about their ideology of the Christian faith more than they do their students. You are paying more than what you are getting out of it, and you are not trained to succeed outside of the classroom unless you are going to be involved in the ministry.

Kendra

I love it at Evangel. I can honestly say if I did not come here I probably would have dropped out. The people are so friendly and welcoming, including the professors. I can truly tell that my education is important to my professors and they are not just here to get paid. They value me and want me to be equipped with everything I need so when trials come up in my life I can face them and excel.

Aubrey

I am actually attending James River Leadership College which is a partnership between Evangel University and James River Church. I'll be earning an Associates Degree in Leadership. I absolutely love JRLC. I enjoy the small class sizes and intimacy it provides. Everyone knows everyone and treats each other like family. There is also plenty of hands-on experience through the practicums. Overall, it is a great school.

Nicolas

Evangel University has opportunities to put your practice into action no matter what the major is.

Do not do homeschooling! You can make it through the trials. Homeschooling will not give you the education or opportunities you need to prepare for college.

If a person does not like a big campus then Evangel is not the place to be. Evangel also has very strict rules as far as the housing life goes. Also if you do not like small dorms and suite style bathroom this would not be the place to live on campus. They also require you attend chapel services so this is a religious school.

Jason

If I could go back and talk to myself in High School I would tell myself to work harder on the education and talk colege courses that are available and I would also tell myself to go straight to college out of High School so I wouldn't be older and have a family and then go back to school it is to hard to wait SO do school when you are young so there is no regrets

Zachary

Knowing what I know now about college life and making the transition from high school, there are a couple of things that I would advise myself regarding. One of the biggest pieces of advice I would give to my high school self would be to not procrastinate in school and in studying for test. The principle of being disciplined and learning to learn is critical in having the best educational experience possible. Practically, your high school GPA, your ACT score and other key academic factors play a big role in your financial aid status, as well as determining what kind of colleges you can get into. Basically, academic scores and study habits play a vital role in your overall college experience. I would say to myself to not wait until the last minute to prepare for college, begin immediately to develop good study habits, prepare adequately for test, and do your best where you are currently at!

The one thing I wish I had known before coming to Evangel would be knowing how much the course load is. I was prepared for it, however I wish I had developed some study habits througout highschool so that I could have completely hit the ground running.

The most frustrating thing about Evangel Univerisity is that textbooks are sometimes very expensive. The book store can be very expensive as well.

John

The stereotype for these students is that they are rich white students who have everything taken care of for schooling. And to that i would say, the stereotype is false. I have seen more than just a few students struggle to make ends meet, for either the tuition, or even food.

They are very outgoing and spirit-filled. They make me want to chase after God, and also encourage me to join into the life of a student all the more.

It is very tedious to get work done, but the amount of work is not excessive. There are many ways to help yourself to get the best grade in a class, and these sources reach out to you, so that your sucess is a guarentee.

Joseph

I believue there best know about is telling people about God and living the life style. Also helping out whenever it is need ...

I believue there best know about is telling people about God and living the life style. Also helping out whenever it is need it.

I would advise myself to go as far as I can go and make a difference in everything I am apart of and don’t let anyone take your dream away. I would tell myself that you must seek for help, when you need it and don’t let pride take you over and make you not make it to the end of the road where living and glory to your King will come from your life. I would tell myself don’t let yourself get closed inside of yourself if you need to talk call someone or talk to someone who is a close friend you have made because you don’t want to get trapped in your mind of thoughts. Lastly, always shoot for the best grades you can get and don’t lose interest in doing your best even with subjects you don’t like. Also, make sure you really want to start a school where you think you want to go and look at your personality before you really decide. Never close yourself out of the real world because you feel love doesn’t want you because of fear of rejection.

I really can't tell you much because I haven't been to the school yet. So I wouldn't be the best to help to others, but I would say knowing about the ordaintion and what its about.

Abbi

Evangel is a university whose primary focus is the spiritual life of its students and their academic life second.

The transition from high school to college is one of the most difficult and exciting transitions of your life. You'll be delighted, social, overloaded, home-sick, driven, terrified, eager, nervous, involved, exhausted, and overwhelmed all in your first few months of your college experience. There will be days where you feel like you're living the dream and other days where you're scared and ready to pack your bags and head home. My advice would be to always keep your priorities in line. When you're feeling like you're ready to give up, remember why you're there. You're learning so that you can one day go out into the world and make a difference. Never let feelings of inadequacy and fear hold you back. You are fully capapble of succeeding, and you will thrive. You'll make friendships of a lifetime, and you'll learn more about life, the world, and yourself than you ever thought possible. Always keep your eyes on God, and remember that you are smarter and stronger than you think. Don't be afraid of change or new experiences. Be adventurous, work harder than you ever have, and conquer this challenge.

People who have no interest in their spirituality or who have a disbelief in God would not enjoy this school

Evangel University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.