Springfield, MO
Evangel University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Evangel University

laurie

I would tell myself to focus on my school work and soak in everything I possibility can. I would remind myself that I am fortunate to have free education and to take advantage of this privilege.

Most peope know Evangel to be a religious liberal arts school. However, everyone on campus knows that Evangel is known for its wonderful Psychology program and Education program.

"The past is gone, the future is a mystery, but today is a gift." These words were spoken by my elders throughout my whole life. Although, all I wanted to do was rush to college in order to finally start my life. I was involved in many things throughout highschool, but mentally I was not there. Ultimately, I graduated without any attachment to my hometown. The ability to have memories and friends to come back home to is a blessing, not a hendrance. The transition to college was easy for me as I expected. However, I was the only one who had no desire to go home, not even an ounce of homesickness. Therefore, my advice to myself in high school is to genuinely live in the present. Take a hold of the gift of today, make close friendships that you will miss and those which you can have memories of later. If you do not make those friendships and memories, it is as if that chapter in life was wasted. Moreover, do not waste the gift of today for it is precious, and one day you will desire the memories which only experience can bring.

The worst thing about my school is the cost of tuition and room/board. Many students are unable to make the payments or receive the loans needed to continue attending it.

TuaShannon

Hey im Tua Shannon Sherrod. I know a little bit about college. In order to do will you have to put time in to study your work. You cant be shy to ask the teacher a question or if you need help. If you need help stay after school talk to the teacher get with a freind, are help by some at school. When you have a test study for it. In also know how to ready in college because you will need it. You read everything about colege. Me I have trouble with reading in im not to tell people because they will help you out in anyway the can. So read, read, read!!!!!

Joylynn

College is a great place to make friends; all you have to do is put yourself out there. Keep your door open, study in a quiet yet public place such as the dorm lobby or the library, and talk to the people sitting around you in class. Just don't hide in your room all day. All those AP courses and dual credit courses are definitely worth doing the extra work in high school and will save you time and money in college. Set rules and guidelines for yourself to manage time. For example, don't get on social media until all your classes are done for the day, set aside time to do homework for each class. Do afternoon classes' homework between or before morning classes to leave extra time after classes for other activities. No, you don't need to jump into a relationship right away. Get to know people as friends first so you're not wasting your time on dating someone you will break up with anyway. Enjoy the friendships first. Learn, experience, and do new things as often as you can. It's worth it.

Charley

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I wouold tell myself so many things. First, I would tell myself to apply for more scholarships and put in more hours at work. Second, I would tell myself to try and be more open to new people and new things when I first move into campus. I would also say to not try and latch onto the first people that I meet because there are so many people to meet and I do not have to be best friends with all of them. Lastly, I would tell myself to develop better time management and study skills. It would have been much better to start the school year off with these skills instead of developing them throughout my first semester at Evangel.

Someone who doesn't like to be around happy and fun people should definitely not come to Evangel. Someone who doesn't want to meet people that are genuinely kind and loving, faculty and staff included. someone that is not a Christian should not come to Evangel because teachers and professors incorporate the Bible and its teachings into almost every lesson.

I brag about how caring the faculty and staff are! My professors are very fun and easy to work with. If I have to miss a class or need an extension on an assignment, the professors are usually flexible and very reasonable. If a student needs advice or just someone to pray for him/her, the professors at Evangel are always more than happy to help. The campus at Evangel always has a very happy and welcoming atmosphere that I really appreciate.

College can be very expensive. I would tell myself to learn to make a budget and really think about if I really need something. Yes, go out and have fun with friends, but make sure to have money saved to pay for school and emergencies. I would also tell my self to not be afraid. Step out and meet new people. Yes, I am shy, but after several years of college I finally just stepped out and made some wonderful friends. I love my friends oh so very much! One more thing I would tell myself would be to be organized. Set a time for homework and a time for hanging out with friends. Procrastination isn't the best to be practicing all the time. Here and there its not so bad, but it can be very stressful, which isnt good for anyone! Just have fun, but be responsible at the same time.

A person that has a passion in growing in their relationship with Christ and those surrounding them. The classes provide the Christian views and worldviews together. Whatever calling you have on your life, I am sure Evangel has that calling. You want to get closer to Christ? Evangel is there to help. Not only will the school help with your walk with God, your peers are there too. We are like one big family.

I tell my friends about the evironment. Everyone here makes you feel valued. It is like a home away from home. The girls in my hall are like my family. We are always there for eacher other in any way needed.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a highschool senior, I would give myself the advice of making a schedule that allows for plenty of study time. I was a homeschooled highschooler and much of my time was spent unscheduled and playing the piano or singing. One of the hardest transitions I had to face upon arriving on campus was scheduling my time so that it allowed for studying. I was noticing during the first three weeks of being on campus my grades were slowly dropping, and I was slowly beginning to not study. After brainstorming my problem of nearly failing classes, I discovered several outcomes. One that seemed to work the best for me was to by a calender that I have hung on my wall, a planner I carry with me, and a stopwatch. I know schedule out how long I need to spend on a subject, and I now choose to study instead of always hanging out with my friends. I would like to tell my highschool self to make a schedule that allows time for studying, because I believe if it was already a habit my transition would have been easier.

The best thing about my school is the professors. For the most part, each professor makes it a priority to show each student that they care not only about your academics but also about your religious life. I have had encountered many issues upon arriving on campus from classes being scheduled at the same time, dificulties in classes, to roommate problems. After making some of my professors aware of the problem they not only prayed with me, but helped me the the process of getting the problem resolved. The professors at Evangel University are the best thing the school offers.

The most frustrating thing about my school is the strict rules and regulations. There is a very strict dress code, and if you are found breaking it you get fined twenty-five dollars. There is a rule which states that people are not allowed to dance if it's uncheorgraphed on campus. If you are found breaking many of the rules you will be fined at the very least twenty-five dollars. Sometimes these rules frustrate me.

Kaitlin

Listen to your parents. You may not think that they know anything right now, but they have most of the beneficial information. When you get out of high school, jumping into a two year school is something to be highly considered. You are already in the mindset of learning, that will not get easier with time. It will cost you both time and money. Those may not be important to you right now, the future should always be considered. You can attend a community college for less money, and even take part time classes while you work along side of that. You always need a back up, you need plan b. The last thing that you want to do is find yourself stuck in a dead end job for the rest of your eternity. You need challange and to be able to fine tune your craft, be sure to keep those things state of the art. Knowing you, if you don't you will never truely be happy.

michelle

honestly i would just tell myself to culm down. when i was in high school i thought i was going to be lost in college. i thought i would be lost without all the peolple i new, in a new bilding, with a new atmostphere, but i was not. the transition from high school to college was not a transition at all. it was like any other thing i have ever done. knowing all this know whould have helped my past self from worthless worry.

Tina

Enjoy every moment of this time. Life gets harder from here on out- so let yourself enjoy these times. At the same time study hard and keep doing your work. Getting a good grade is so much more fufilling then you can understand. Advenutre out a little bit, take every oppurtunity for adventure. (Live in the moment, don't just take pictures of it!) It all seems chessey to say, but this is really how life should be. Appreciate everything you can. Life throws a lot at you, but nothing more then you can handle!

Evangel University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.