Springfield, MO
Evangel University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Evangel University

The students are eager to learn, participate, ask questions, create discussions, and work hard in order to gain an education that is going to last them a lifetime.

If I could go back and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself about the importance of staying focused and working hard. You are striving to gain an education that will build the basis for your career so make sure to create good study habits. I would also tell myself that you need to stay true to who you are. You don't have to change in order to "fit in." Also, don't be afraid to take chances and get involved! These are two of the most important things I've learned while in college. Don't miss out on opportunities that could potentially change or impact YOUR life or SOMEONE else's. Don't psych yourself out before even giving yourself a chance. There's always something going on that you can be a part of. Make a difference! Finally, I would say to myself that the chance to be something great lies only within you and what you're willing to do to make it possible. If you work hard and study hard, you will find that you can do anything you set your heart and mind to- I know I have.

I love the people on campus and I love my classes. I am so excited for this upcoming semester. I cannot wait to see what my classes have in store for me. The people on campus are friendly. There's never a moment when I feel out of place. I have created wonderful friendships with people who I can trust and rely on as well as have a great time with.

Cara

My Evangel classmates are very accepting and helpful in any situation.

My Evangel classmates are very accepting and helpful in any situation.

Go for it! College life may be difficult and challenging at times, however it is rewarding beyond belief. A life without a college education may be a life full of regret and "what-ifs". A college education has expanded my horizons and has taught me that I am capable of more than I ever knew. There has been some rough times, but the great times have outweighed the bad. I have made relationships that will last a lifetime. My professors truly care about my success and encourage me to pursue my dreams. I have always had a desire to teach. After going through my college courses, I know now more than ever that teaching is what I am supposed to do. College has really expanded my knowlege on life, on the world, and on myself. There is no doubt that going to college is the right choice to make. The transistion of entering your college career will be tough and exciting. Enjoy every moment of it!

The most frustrating thing about my school is the tuition cost.

Jayme

My school is a place where you will be pushed to your absolute best, exceed all expectations and limitations you've previoused held, and you'll grow in the ways of God, molding you into the person you're created to be.

If I could go back in time and tell myself some advice about college, I'd have a lot to say. First and foremost, I'd tell myself to take my studies seriously from the very beginning of the first semester. Instead of focusing on developing friendships and joinging clubs or groups, allow those friendships to develop naturally. Also, I'd tell myself that this isn't the end. It was really dicouraging for me when I first arrived to college, because I was constantly thinking of where I wanted to end up. in all reality, college is just a stepping stone into the future. God has so much more in store for me, and it's important to know that there's more to life than just now. Lastly, I'd tell myself that God is in control. Don't ever allow yourself to become so stressed out that you're unhappy; God has His hand on you and will never give you more than you can handle.

It's very time-consuming, and if you miss a class you'll be behind for quite

Cody

As a liberal arts college, music is Evangel's forte. On the other hand, Evangel's Christian status gives it biblical credibility. While it succeeds in both departments, the pure nature of this Christian university makes Evangel renown for biblical studies.

The best advice I could give myself would be to calm down. Having experienced a full year of college already, I am now well aware of the actual difficulty of attending a university and the hopefullness it brings. I would want my senior self to know just how rewarding it is having the opportunity to learn the craft I love. Not only that, but being educated on the many job opportunities my degree is elligble for is rewarding as well. As a senior, I was already expecting to learn the things I did and my experiences at college served as confirmation for those expectations.

Being a music industry major, I have had to do work in the music studio and labs. While the technology is almost up-to-date, some devices, such as preamps, create issues while recording.

Alexandria

If I were to go back and give advice to myself there are severall key things I would inform me of that I did not realize at the time. First I would let myself know that I am really going to enjoy myself even though it is scary leaving home and doing something unknown. I would not give away all the secrets and fun but remind me to be open and friendly to everyone. Secondly I would tell myself to keep track of money, scholarships, and requirments because in the rush of things and when school gets tough it is easy to give up or become frustrated. Finally I would let myself know that it is okay if I do not know exactly what I want to do and to take time to explore because there is a ton of opportunities.

A person should attend this school if they are looking for a liberal arts institution that has good moral standards and a variety of activities. It is also nice being at a school that has the same religous background as you with similar beliefs.

Evangel is a great academic school but it is extremely expensive and hard to come by academic awards.

Caleb

Moving back to America from a full seven years of life lived as a missionary kid in Thailand will be a big leep. But don't let that keep you from branching out. Be braver than you are. Remember to smile, and to speak more often--to speak truth, life, grace, forgiveness, strength, power, and most of all love. Let your emotions show and welcome people into your heart. Share your heart and your thoughts, because they are deep, and they are solid and full. Remember your past-- your heartaches, your darkness, your deliverance, and your joy. Remember who you are-- quiet and strong, responsible and loyal. Remember what you're here for-- a medium bringing truth, love, relationship, and freedom from above to those before you. And despite what the world says, be careful about placing too much trust in your own heart. Instead, trust His words, the Spirit, and His guidance. live with Him always. Never let a mind of rationalization eclipse a heart of reconciliation, or you will never have peace. Last of all, always remember that when YOU change-- everything changes. So, Be the man you desire-- and go further.

Those who value the quality of their education, want to be within a positive environment, and are hard-working/ dedicated would definitely fit well at Evangel.

Evangel University is a school with core christian beliefs and values. This is far from a party school; there is no drinking or drug use. Therefore, partiers or slackers will not fit well.

joel

the students at evangel are (for the most part) warm and enviting.

the students at evangel are (for the most part) warm and enviting.

i would give myself three pieces of advice. first of all i would say to get more involved, life is what you make it so make it awesome. secondly i would say to foccus on scholarships more, money is an important part of life. and lastly i would say to make it a habbit of being more disciplined, in college you are on your own so you need to be responsible.

any person who is wanting to grow both mentaly and spiritualy. as a christian university, evangel prepares its graduates to be successful in all aspects of life including spirituality.

Bethany

Achieving greatness in academics to those who may think it’s impossible. College can be a difficult time for some and trying to maintain a good grade point average can be even harder. This university is one that will show you that working hard will pay off and that the teachers are there to listen and help you pull through.

“What would I tell myself if I could go back in time,” is something I think about often. I am learning so much in my college years. Now that I have finished out my first full year of school, I couldnt be more proud of myself. I graduated in 2009 with the intent to go away to school right after, but changed my mind to take time off and work. I don’t regret that action at all, but I would do things a bit differently if I could. I think I would tell myself to make a list of the passions I have and what I want to do in the future. I put things off when it came to a college decision out of fear that it would be too hard. I would tell myself that that feeling I had then is something that could have made me or break me one day, luckily it’s made me. Not being good enough in school, is something I faced during the time of my senior year and this is what I would say to myself, “ it’s what you put into it that you will get out of it.”

I can whole-heartedly say that there is nothing I see in the school that would make me dislike it. The leadership and teachers are great! The only thing I can think of that can be a downfall is that the bookstore isn't well organized and is a bit confusing when trying to purchase books. I would say to just be prepared to look for a book for a while until you find it.

Katherine

Personally, the transtition to college was the hardest part. I knew that growing up in Mali, Africa would be vastly different than growing up in Springfield, MO. If I could go back in time and give myself advice, I would tell myself to be aware of the culture shock. Not defensive and ready to strike back, but to be aware that I will not understand everything going on around me. The second piece of advice I would have given myself would be about time management. If I had learned how to effectively practice time management in high school it would have greatly benefitted me during my first year of college. The hardest part about college is not necessarily the difficulty of the assigments, but the quantity of them. If I could warn myself about that simple aspect I feel as if I could have benefitted even more than I already have. Even though I earned a cumulative GPA of 3.6 for my first year, I feel if I had better prepared myself concerning time management it would be the greatest factor in achieving an even higher GPA. Transitioning would followed suit once time management was taken care of.

A person who is driven and enjoys small classroom settings. People who enjoy a more personal relationship with their professors and who want to develop their spirituality to compliment the educational aspect is very likely to enjoy Evangel University.

What I find most frustrating about my school is the small amount of financial aid such as scholarships available. There are mainly athletic scholarships with a few academic ones as wel; however, the academic scholarships require a student to have a near perfect GPA to gain anything above $500. If a student has a high enough GPA the SAT and ACT scores are added as a factor as well. It would be more profitable if there were a larger variety of scholarships.

Jacqueline

I plan to transfer to Evangel University this fall. With what I have heard and seen students here seem to be very focused on their studies. It seems like they recieve much help from the school in every aspect. students seem very nice and kind. I look foward to making new friends at Evangel. It makes me very excited to know that they have the same believes as I do. Students seem to get out of Evangel excatly what they wanted.

Graduating form high school is a big change for all who have accomplished it. It is scary! You have to decied what it is that you want to do in life. One advice I would give my self as a high school senior would be not to worry. To trust God and know that his plan is perfect. That all things work for those who love him. I was very worried on decieding on the fact of leaving out of state for college. I am clad with the choice I made of staying home for two years. High school is more layed make. Only worries were grades. Now its grades, work, future...ect... Therefor I would advice myself to stay focus and give me more me time. Decied what it is that I love. Most importatntly would be to depended fully upon the Lord. Those are a few things I would remind and advice myself about as a high school senior.

Evangel University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.