Springfield, MO

Evangel University

« See more reviews of Evangel University

I have learned the importance of thinking for yourself. All my life I was told what to think, where to go, and what to do with my life. Coming to Evangle has broaden my veiws, enhanced my perspective on life, and challenged me to think for myself. I get to decided what I want and I can be in charge of my future. I now know how to learn from others but also form my own thoughts and opinions. It is valuable because it has helped me become my own person and really begin to define what I want out of life. I can easily say that coming to Evangel has challenged me and taught me more about myself, others, and my future career than I would have ever expected.

Even though I have only been attending Evangel for a few months I feel like I have grown emotionally and spiritually. I am generally a very shy and reserved person but Evangel has changed me. I am now in a leadership role and am excited to see what will come of this opportunity. The friendships I have made over this short period of time are going to last my life time. They have helped me through stressful times and have laughed with me through fun times. Evangel University has been such a blessing in my life because it is giving me the opportunity to learn about my career and prepare me for the life I will have to face after I graduate.

College is not all fun and hanging out with friends, it involves hard work, focus and determination. The opportunities you will have will be phenomenal; if you could see them now you’d be overwhelmed! But don’t let anything hold you back, seize every opportunity and follow your dreams. Don’t be afraid to say no, spreading yourself too thin can diminish the value of all that you’re trying to accomplish. But, don’t be afraid to say yes either. There are so many things you can do, so don’t be afraid to take that step of faith and pursue your goals to fulfill your dreams. The world is big, but you can find your place in it, one step at a time.

If I could go back in time and give my senior self some advice, I would tell myself to simply relax. Although I don't know exactly what I want to be or how I am going to pay for all of my expenses, or even if anyone here will like me, everything will work out. There is absolutely no reason to stress, since that will not accomplish anything. Another thing I would tell myself is that there will be a lot more hidden expenses than I realize, and to apply for as many scholarships as I possibly can, even though I think I have everything covered. All in all, college isn't nearly as scary as first imagined, and everything works out for the best.

Determine what it is you want your college career to be like. Ask yourself who you want to become. Then surround yourself with the people who will help make you better and hold you accountable. Find the school that can help you reach set goals and start to make good habits once you are there. Do you love the city or the country? Are you interested in cultural activities or sports? Think about where you cant get the things that you want. Once you find the college in a location you enjoy and that offers the things you want, dont be afraid to get involved! Dont be afraid to leave home and try something on your own. Challenge yourself!

I would tell myself that Evangel University is the perfect college for me to attend. With its positive atmosphere of great professors and student body, it is the perfect place for me. They push for you to strive in excellence at everything you do. They center themselves around the good news of Christ which gives this positive atmosphere even more reason to be positive. I have already met people who will be life-long friends. Also, I met the girl of my dreams whom I am marrying on July 26, 2013 while attending this college. Therefore, this decision of Evangel University was one definitely made right and I would never change.

Make a list of what you want in a college. When you start visiting campuses, compare what you like and don't like. When you're attending school, get involved in campus activities that adhere to your passions and what you want to do in life. Meet lots of new people and invest into friendships that you want to last a lifetime. Set your standards before going to college, regardless of your religious belief system. This will be a line to follow when circumstances arise that may go against who you want to be. Regardless of who you are, you are an influence to someone around you. College is the best time of your life, live it out !!

A piece of advice I would give future college students would be to look not only at the prospective college's academic programs but also at their values. In my opinion, it is easier to work hard and be fully dedicated when you are working for something you believe in, rather than just trying to pass a class. My professors challenge me in every project and assignment I complete to see if what I am doing is benefitting others. We have many debates and discussions in our classes about how that particular subject can help others. It helps encourage me to work harder and achieve my best and then use my ideas out in the community.

Well i have just enrolled into Bluegrass Community College and the college experience even at a small school like this is so much different than that of high school. The learning is more understanding and higher level which makes you have to take an effort to learn and understand the subject. The huge variety of students from all different countrys also add on to the experience from when you talk to them and found out all about how they came to be in the United States and why they came here to study. It has been most valuable to attend because I know that with college i'm setting a goal and getting somewhere in life.

I would tell myself that working hard for an A average for all four years of high school can be "lost" by going to a community college, having mediocre grades, and then transferring to a university. Had I gone from high school straight to a university, I would have had a better financial aid situation. However, during my year at community college, I also worked as a manager, fifty hours per week. I wouldn't trade that experience for anything. With all that being said, I would tell myself that any course of action has different consequences, but that if I am following my calling, I will reach my final destination.