Springfield, MO

Evangel University

« See more reviews of Evangel University

I would encourage myself to try harder in high school. It's important to apply yourself in school, try to achieve good grades, and enjoy high school life while you can. College is much harder and demands more effort and application. I would encourage myself to try different fields of study in high school. Talk to professionals in an array of fields and discuss what they like/dislike about their career. I would also encourage myself to not limit my options......explore all kinds of career paths and have fun while doing it! Like the saying goes, "Find out what you love to do then figure out how to get paid for it!!"

I have always loved learning and growing. My time at Evangel has been a growing experience. The University has equipped me with knowledge that I will never forget. I know who I am and what I stand for. Evangel has tested my beliefs and made them all the more stronger. The learning atmosphere is very safe and makes it easy to ask questions without feeling stupid. I feel like everyone truly cares about my personal acedemic growth and spiritual growth. The students all want to learn and are very interested in what is being taught. I love being in an environment where everyone is so nice and acedemically minded.

Since I have entered college I have grown up more. I am more mature and I am more aware of what is happening in the world around me. Without the experiences that I have gone through, I would not be able to be the bright young woman in search of a career in a man's world, that I am today. My future experiences should help me to become a bright young woman who is passionate about God, my education, helping others, and being a part of society. Without my education I would not be able to have met the lifelong friends I have now. Evangel University has made me excited for what the future holds for me.

While attending college, I have grown exponentially as a person and as a Christian. The ability to think on my own and make my own decisions have enabled me to mature individually, socially, and academically. I have also learned how to step up and take resposibilities for my academic work. I have been encouraged to seek after the things that I want most out of life while attending Evangel. I have especially appreciated the willingness of the proffessors at Evangel to meet with me personally and help me out in my academics. Thank you for considering me for this scholarship. Wacey Rivale

The advice I would give to myself would be not to sit around and think that things are going to just happen, you have to go out and really get it yourself. You don't want to think that you are going to get all these 'things' and then when you go to get it, it's not going to be there. I would also say not to wait at the last minute to do something. Really time out what your going to do and how your going to do your work and not wait until the night before to start it. But my most important piece of advice would be to just have fun. Don't worry about whats going to happen just do it.

I have really enjoyed my time at Evangel and I have learned how to manage my time in school with football training, social life, and school work. I have also learned a lot about money management and being on my own. I have also learned that making extra time to study and going to bed early is very essential in being prepared for my classes. It has been very valuable to attend Evangel University because it has helped me find some of the best friends that I will ever have and get a great education at a Christian based school. I am very privileged to be attending this University.

If college is all about learning to prepare you for your future than find a good college which is more focused on the education each students recieves than the play and fun that the campus provides. Having fun is not something that should ever be over looked but should set within bounderies. A school can claim to provide a good education to the students but until the teachers are devoted to the school and the students and care about each students success the teaching may take place but the students level of caring will decrease their ability to ever become a good student.

The best advice I could give myself would be to calm down. Having experienced a full year of college already, I am now well aware of the actual difficulty of attending a university and the hopefullness it brings. I would want my senior self to know just how rewarding it is having the opportunity to learn the craft I love. Not only that, but being educated on the many job opportunities my degree is elligble for is rewarding as well. As a senior, I was already expecting to learn the things I did and my experiences at college served as confirmation for those expectations.

There are so many different ways to gain knowledge and to learn don't ever limit yourself. At times you might feel defeated maybe because of money, grades or who knows what but that is never an excuse to stop trying your hardest. By holding even just these few things in mind and moving forward in pursuing whatever education it might be that you want you will never regret learning. Remember if you have questions and don't understand somehting you are not the only one. So get out there and have no regrets about learning and taking the courageous steps in getting there.

Hey im Tua Shannon Sherrod. I know a little bit about college. In order to do will you have to put time in to study your work. You cant be shy to ask the teacher a question or if you need help. If you need help stay after school talk to the teacher get with a freind, are help by some at school. When you have a test study for it. In also know how to ready in college because you will need it. You read everything about colege. Me I have trouble with reading in im not to tell people because they will help you out in anyway the can. So read, read, read!!!!!