Springfield, MO

Evangel University

« See more reviews of Evangel University

My college experience has been very valuable to me for many reasons. Evangel University's staff is made up of many caring professors that desire you to succeed in your chosen career as well as in life in general. The professors make an effort to learn your name and care about your well-being and wish you to accell in their class; I am not just a number at my school. This is very beneficial and valuable because it makes it easier to talk to your professors when a question arises concerning their course or when you need guidance in a particular area of your life. They will be there for you and do whatever they can to help you. The classes that I have attended have been very positive experiences. My classes and professors have all pushed me to accell in my field of study. The classes have provided me with a wealth of knowledge that I am sure will benefit me greatly now as well as when I graduate and am ready to become a professional in my workplace.

What I have recieved so far out of my college experience, is that it is everything I thought it would be. I always heard of the parties and how hard it is, and you will not have anytime for fun. My experience is a little different than that. What I have experienced is everyone is trying to decide what they want to do in life. The classes are hard and requires more work, but that is what college is all about. Its to help us learn more and gain more knowledge and be educated. I have gained many relationships so far and college is fun. You can be in college as long as you want, but to enjoy it while it last is they key. Gain the most knowledge we can to better ourselves for the future. College has been a blessing to me, because it is keeping me away from the things I would probably get cought up in. College is very important to me, because I would love to get a great job after and retain the knowledge that i had learned to pass on to others.

If i were to go back in time to my high school years i would have made all my negative impacts a more positive impact i have had many stuggles and dropped out at an early age of 16 years old and decided to get back into school two years later when i was 18 years old and it gave me more modivation because i made alot of mistakes that i cant change when i was young and what influenced me was my parents and children, i accomplished to get my high school dipolma in 2009 at the age of 20 years old and decided to go to college from there on i have been setting goals for my self and this has been my stuggle through life and i have made it through my years as a teenager to make whats best of my self and get an higher education so i can further my career in Biology science. My advice i would give my self is dont give up your doing good you made a impact in your life to get to where your at and always know in your heart you can make a difference.

At first, college was something that I wasn't doing for me. This was something that I was doing for my parents. Even though I am married and moved away, I still want them to be impressed with my life. One day, I saw a video of a musician on YouTube. He was a boy in the sixth grade and he was spectacular. When I saw him, I thought "I love playing music. I can mar in music at my college and further my talents. This way I can be sure that music will be part of my future." That was when I decided to make my dream my reality. Now I cannot wait for my next semester full of music classes, and I am very excited to be growing in that which I love. I have dreams, but they are not foolish. I am shooting for the stars and I am very determined to reach my goals. I never thought that something that could help me do thatwould be a college education, but that is how it is looking for me. I have never been so excited to get back to school.

I would advise myself to go as far as I can go and make a difference in everything I am apart of and don’t let anyone take your dream away. I would tell myself that you must seek for help, when you need it and don’t let pride take you over and make you not make it to the end of the road where living and glory to your King will come from your life. I would tell myself don’t let yourself get closed inside of yourself if you need to talk call someone or talk to someone who is a close friend you have made because you don’t want to get trapped in your mind of thoughts. Lastly, always shoot for the best grades you can get and don’t lose interest in doing your best even with subjects you don’t like. Also, make sure you really want to start a school where you think you want to go and look at your personality before you really decide. Never close yourself out of the real world because you feel love doesn’t want you because of fear of rejection.

There are many students that come to college for there career and career only. The college experience is not just about succeeding academically but also socially. Coming into college I did not really know what to expect, or what I wanted to do with the rest of my life. I have only been in college for one semester, but this semester has challenged me and made me grow as a person. Evangel University has challenged me in a way of trying to know what God and I want to do with my life. With the great professors and classes I have found what i am good at and this has shown me what I would enjoy for my career. My college experience has helped me grow as an individual. Moving out of my house and really learning who I am is very important as a young adult. It has been valuable to attend because it prepares you for the real world academically and socially. You learn so much from college that you should attend to be the best you can be.

“What would I tell myself if I could go back in time,” is something I think about often. I am learning so much in my college years. Now that I have finished out my first full year of school, I couldnt be more proud of myself. I graduated in 2009 with the intent to go away to school right after, but changed my mind to take time off and work. I don’t regret that action at all, but I would do things a bit differently if I could. I think I would tell myself to make a list of the passions I have and what I want to do in the future. I put things off when it came to a college decision out of fear that it would be too hard. I would tell myself that that feeling I had then is something that could have made me or break me one day, luckily it’s made me. Not being good enough in school, is something I faced during the time of my senior year and this is what I would say to myself, “ it’s what you put into it that you will get out of it.”

If I could go back in time and talk to my self as a high school senior I would advise my self to take my GPA seriously and to try on my SAT and ACT. As a high school senior I took my GPA for granted. Because I had a 4.0 GPA and was salutatorian, thought that I could give my self some slack and not turn in a couple of assignments. Little did I know that there were many people that were waiting for me to falter. I went from a perfect 4.0 to a GPA of 3.8 I was still able to maintain my position in the top ten percent of my graduating class but it would have been even more glorious if I were able to graduate as salutatorian. When it came down to taking my SAT and ACT I performed very poorly because I did not study and did not think that the exam was a big deal. I would speed through the exams so that I could have some more sleep due to a late night. Little did I know that these exams would play a big part in my college carrier.

My college experience has been amazing. I can't think of a time where I've had so much freedom to be the me I want to be. College has given me the opportunities to sharpen my skills and become the man I should be. It sounds so cliché, but the future is in my hands. The attitude I choose, the portfolio I establish, and the skills I learn here are a direct correlation to how wide the door of opportunity will open when I leave to pursue my career. I feel so blessed to attend college. I can remember thinking in high school, "Why does this matter? It's not even what I want to do!", but now I'm able to study what I choose. Here I learn what I want to learn. It's great! On top of that, I've made a group of friends that are about the coolest people on earth. They're the icing on the cake, so to speak. So far, college has been the best thing that's happened to me and I can't wait to see what the next three years will bring!

Lets be clear, since you already know the direction you want to head in, do not doubt yourself. Your career path is a road less traveled but it is your passion and dream. Your direction is set and clear, there are many ways to get there but your dreams are tangible. They are not abstract or impractical. If you want to do something you love doing, do not let anyone stop you. Confidence is key, even if you do not know where you are going. This University you are headed into will equip you with knowledge and integrity. Dreams require sacrifice, hardwork, and faith. Sacrifice in your time and energy, hardwork inside and outside of school, and faith in yourself that you can do this and in the end you will have no regrets. Keep your life simple and focused. Give college your all because it is only four years of the seventy plus years you will live. College life is going to be amazing if you allow yourself to enjoy it.