Springfield, MO

Evangel University

« See more reviews of Evangel University

The best thing about my school is the professors. For the most part, each professor makes it a priority to show each student that they care not only about your academics but also about your religious life. I have had encountered many issues upon arriving on campus from classes being scheduled at the same time, dificulties in classes, to roommate problems. After making some of my professors aware of the problem they not only prayed with me, but helped me the the process of getting the problem resolved. The professors at Evangel University are the best thing the school offers.

Evangel is a diverse school with a student body comprised of over 40 different religious denominations. Not only am I getting a top-notch education, I am learning about many different ethnic groups and making friends that will last a lifetime. The campus encourages involvement in many different community service projects, overseas missions, and other cultural activities that promote growth as an individual and as a member of society. I truly feel as though Evangel is equipping me to become a better person and one that will be successful in many areas of life.

I consider the atmosphere of the school in general to be the best thing about it because there is so much positive energy. The classroom activity is fantastic. The professors truly work hard to make their classes productive and useful to the students' education. The professors' goal is to see their students succeed and they do a great job at it. The people you live with become your closest friends and they are nothing but encouraging and fun to be around. There is also an abundance of activities that relate to personal interests and even your career!

I love the sense of community on this campus; students feel like they belong here. The faculty are incredibly approachable, and many of them are willing to listen to student concerns and offer mentorship advice when needed. Since class sizes are relatively small, it is easy for professors to build relationships with their students and get to know them on a personal level. Students are incredibly friendly and are willing to reach out and help their peers. I have made some of my best friends here at school who build me up and care about my success.

Evangel University is a great university; the campus is very vibrant and peaceful. I would have to say that the best thing about Evangel is the welcoming staff and student body. It is nice to know that the professors care and that their ultimate goal is not to give their students a bad time, but to help the students to the best of their abilities. Unlike many other campuses, Evangels students are very supportive and love to help any way they can. Most of the student lead organizations are to help the community and to help the needing.

Take advantage of the many activities that help build relationships with other students, but don't get too involved that you can't give your education priority. College time is short in the scope of life, give it your all and you will get the benefits of leisure time afterwards. If you have a problem in any class, go directly to the teacher. They are willing to help and they want you to succeed because it makes them look better. Teachers are there to teach and if you are not processing the information, you have to open your mouth.

I love that before we even started classes at Evangel we had an event called EU Launch where freshmen students get to meet other freshmen students. Today I still hang out with people from that group and I even got to meet other people through bigger events. Our school puts their effort of making sure that the students have things to do during the weekends. For example, we have DVD Bingo every other week where we get to have fun and meet other people. I have asked my friends if their school does this and they don't.

The community on campus is tight nit. It’s easy to get to know a lot of people and the school activities and function thrive on you making long term relationships and lifelong friends. Your professors are easy to talk to and most make the extra effort to make sure that you are doing well in class and in life. It is an invaluable attribute to have at your disposal as a student. There is no way to describe the comfort knowing that you have people around you who are there to make sure that you are prepared for life.

Evangel University is a great school to attend. The school excels in disciplining their students both academically and spiritually. I would have to say that the best thing about my school is how the professors truly do care about their students. For example, my advisor will ask me how I am doing- physically, mentally, and spiritually and always has his door open if I have questions. Overall, the Evangel faculty is here to serve their students. It gives me a peace of mind knowing that I am at the right school!

I think the best thing has got to be the professor's passion for teaching. The fact that they care for each and every one of their students and want to see them succeed means alot. They exemplify this by staying after hours and coming in early. They are always available for questions and are willing ot set up extra class time for students to do well in their class. I am glad I was not just a number amongst a room of 500 students but that all of my professors throughout 4 years knew me personally.