Phoenix, AZ
Everest College Phoenix

1 Rating

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Everest College Phoenix

Allissa

I love the small classes. The staff and teachers make me feel like they are there for me. I am very happy with the classes and the professors that I've had so far.

This if my first year attending so I really don't know.

Deanna

What is unique about Everest college phoenix is the support system they provide. It is more like a family enviorment. They also have so may programs to help you along the way of learning , and they give you a computer if you and your family can't afford one . So far no otherschool has came closs to offering anything of the sort.

If i could travel back in time to visit me as a senior grearing up to go to college my first words of advice would be "Stop and take the time to apply for scholorships" never take the first loans givin to you without finding all the info about repayment . Always take the help offered to you from your student services advisor . There here to help you make the best decisions . That's what they are trained to do . The transition from high school to college is learning how to live life as a adult training to go out into the real world.All of the late nights with friends needs to slow down to almost a hault and more nights of studying .You dont want all the money you and the state had put out for the education your recieving to be for nothing. Keep in mind Knowledge is power. I't will be a big transition , but take it slow and listen to all the authorities around you there your team and they have your best interest at heart.

The kind of person that should attend Everest College Phoenix is the average working adult that has a busy schedule . This school is great about working around your life . They have great programs as well.All the people that are there for you during the admission process and finanical aid process are great. The student services cooridanter that get's assigned to you to help you get through the first part of the college experience is the best groop of people i have ever had the honor of knowing. They go above and beyond to make sure you are knowledgable .

Steven

My school is best known for its medical assistant and nursing programs.

My school is best known for its medical assistant and nursing programs.

Knowing what I know now, I would go back and tell myself as a high school senior to stay focused in setting out the foundation of your career and personal path by taking initiative to volunteer to better accumulate with professional environments and people that can be a mentor to serving your community and helping others. Giving myself knowledge about the importance of surrounding yourself with positive people who take a great deal of pride and appreciation for the work they they do, and the education they've obtained, will ultimately influence a way of leading your own life and the paths to take to achieve the same goals and aspirations in life to better serve you and the people around you.

The cost of attendance is high in comparison to community colleges and state universities.

Natalie

Look into your career early and see what credits you will need for your degree. Take as many dual enrollment classes in high school toward your degree as you can to get ahead, but don't stress yourself with credits that you won't need. Also, take some summer classes at the local college during high school. They are free while you are in high school !! Read the program packet for your degree to check for shots, physicals, tests, or other required certificates like CPR, etc. that you can go ahead and get. Talk with an advisor at the college to see how long the waiting list to get in the program will be once you have completed all your prerequisites so that all the things you get done ahead will still be allowed. You may be able to start your career a semester or two before all your high school friends do !!

dricko

It is an unique uniersity they provide all the toolsi need and has a great teaching system

I would tell me to keep up with my academic scores i would tell me to prepare for college alot soon

Patricia
What's the dating scene like?

What's the dating scene like?

This is another question that I am unqualified to answer. Attending college online doesn't expose me to the things that are happening on campus. So I really cannot give an answer as to what the dating scene is like.

What are some hot-button issues on campus?

As with a few other questions, this one really doesn't apply to me, because I do not attend school on campus. I attend online, and I am not exposed to the information about hot-button issues on campus.

Attending Everest University Online is absolutely, by far, the best decision that I have ever made. Going to college online is so convenient, it can even travel with you. The faculty at Everest are totally super, they are always there for you, and eager to help with any issue that may arise. They want you to succeed, and they show it by offering solutions to help you to meet your goals. I feel that they have become an extension of my family. Believe it or not, you actually become friends with classmates even though you don't actually meet them face to face. I have made a few friends at Everest, and we stay in touch even after our class together ends. My student advisor has become my friend even, as well as members of administration, and a few Professors and I have become friends. All of the Professors are there to help students succeed, and I must say that they are very good at it! I love my college!

What's the Greek scene like?

Again, since I attend college online I have no idea what the Greek Scene is like.

Where is the best place to get work done on campus?

Since I am attending Everest University Online, the best place for me to get work done, I would have to say it would be the quietest room in the house, I have no answer as far as the campus goes, but my guess would be the library.

Tell us about the food and dining options.

Again, since I attend Everest University Online, the food and dining options are totally up to me. The cafeteria is my own kitchen, therefore my food and options are whatever I have bought, and feel like eating. No limits!

What are your classes like?

My classes are exremely interesting. Even though my college is online, we still have a lot of interaction between the students as well as with the Professors. There are class discussions, this is where we discuss the subjects for each week, usually everyone in the course takes part in these discussions, including the Professor. Also, we occasionally have teamwork assignments, this is where all students work together on an assignment, and we usually have a team leader that takes all of the information, and prepares one paper with all of the information that the class contributes. The classes also (depending on the course) have learning activities, individual work, and occasional quizes.

Describe a typical weekend.

A typical weekend for me is spending valuable time with my family, and friends. I also love to play with Tara, my little Boston Terrier. She is a very playful pup, & goes pretty much anywhere that I go. Tara is a very important part of my family.

Describe a day on campus you'll never forget.

This question doesn't exactly apply to me because my college is online, and I do not attend on campus.

What do students complain about most?

Honestly, I have not heard any complaints from the students at Everest University Online. Everyone seems to be just as happy as I am with our college. They also seem to believe that they chose the best college in Everest. I have no regrets, and they do not seem to, either.

When you step off campus what do you see?

The same thing that I see on campus, except for the school's computer screen. My campus is home, my college is online. Everest University Online.

The unique aspect of my campus is that it goes wherever I take it. My computer, and internet access is all I need. My campus is where I want it to be at any given time. I do not have to run from classroom to classroom, I travel between classes by the click of a mouse. It is great!

How often should I phone home? Is once a day too much?

I never have to phone home. I attend college from home, online. No long distance phone calls home when attending Everest University Online.

Do you feel like you changed a lot?

I feel like I have changed immensely! I have more pride, more confidence in myself, and a great sense of accomplishment that I never want to go away. Oh yes, I have definitely changed, and it is all for the better!

What do people really wear to class?

I attend Everest University Online, so I wear whatever I want to wear. Usually it is something comfortable, a lot of times I go to school in my pajamas. I am at home, so what I am wearing to school really doesn't matter.

I don't drink. Will it be hard for me to go to parties?

I really can't answer for anyone else, because everyone deals with peer pressure differently. Speaking for myself, I rarely ever drink, if I do it only consists of 1-2 drinks. Even that is rare, and I have no problem going to a party, and having a great time with my gatorade in hand.

What's the hardest thing about freshman year?

The hardest thing about freshman year for me was learning all of the details in APA formatting, citing sources, reference page, etc.

This section, for the most part, does not really apply to me, because I attend online. I am not on campus, and have never been to the campus, the campus is in Colorado, I live in Florida. I recently became a member of The National Society of Collegiate Scholars, which is how I found Unigo. Everest University Online nominated me for membership into NSCS which is a premier honor society for high-achieving first and second year undergraduates. They said that fewer than 10% of the students receive this honor, I am very proud of this accomplishment. Being a member has quite a few benefits, such as scholarships, career opportunities, discounts on a variety of items, study abroad opportunities, and much more. If I am awake at 2 a.m. I can go to school.

Angie

I think Everest is a great school. I have been completely satisfied with everyone I have come across. Especially all of my teachers. They have all been really helpful and interested.

I don't really know being an online student. Most everyone I talk to concerning classes don't really have time for activities pertaining to the school. Most students have a job and home life with children to take care of. So their schedules are pretty full.

I'm not really sure about the academics that are involved at my school. I take online classes and have just recently became a member of the NSCS. I haven't been able to be as active as I like due to class assignments, but I am hoping to take full advantage of what it has to offer and mingle with others in the near future.

Carol

I would tell myself to stdy hard and follow the instructions that are given. Strive for for what you want. If you try and give it all the effort it deserves , anything is possiable that you put your mind to. Read each question very carefull before you answer and make sure you are answering the question that is given to you.

Someone who is ready and willing to put everything can and all their time they can. Also someone who wants to have a good career for their future.

Someone that doesn't want a career in their life or someone who has no plans for a future.

Charlotte

I like the the way everything from financial aid to class is handled. Staff is great and the instructors are friendly.

If I was able to go back to high school with the knowledge I have today I would have learned how to learn better. I would have studied harder and focused more on the studies and not fear. I wouldn't let fellow student humiliate me and I wouldn't have tried to blend in so much. With not allowing that to happen I could recieve more opportunities for school, known more, and had a better life for my girls and I.

I have not found anything that I would concider bad with the school.

Everest College Phoenix administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.