Everest University-Largo Top Questions

Misty

If I could return in time to my senior year, I would tell myself to focus on academics more than the athletics that I was focused on. The focus on athletics did pay off, as I did receive a full-ride scholarship to the University of Arizona to play softball. Unfortunately, on the way to my senior prom I was in a motor vehicle accident. There was no alcohol involved. The accident left me paralyzed from the neck down. I was told I would never walk again. Needless to say, U of A did not hold my scholarship. After almost two years of physical therapy I did learn how to walk again. Not only did I learn how to walk again, but I went on to become a Firefighter/Paramedic that was one of many volunteers at 9/11. Though my accident cost me an athletic scholarship, it also ended up allowing me to save people’s lives, which is an accomplishment that cannot be outdone. It also made it to where I did not have an opportunity to receive an academic scholarship. Therefore I worked three jobs and put myself through college. My advice to myself, focus on academics.

Tricia

I would tell myself to listen to your parents they do know what they are talking about in life. Don't make dumb mistakes and keepmaking them. Work hard and save your money don't spend it on non important items. Have one credit card for emergencies only and no more. Don't get caught in the debt catagory. Have a family when you have finished school and if you do have one before continue on with the education. Education is so important now to do anything in the working world. Alos live life to it's fullest and have fun.