Pompano Beach, FL
Everest University-Pompano Beach

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Everest University-Pompano Beach

I absolutely love attending Everest Online classes. As a home schooling mother of 6 children, attending a brick and mortar college is just not an option for me or my family. My husband and I are both enrolled in online classes, there is so much flexibility in our schedules. I work on my assignments during the kids naps and again at night when they go to bed; my husband completes assignments during his lunch break at work during the day and also works on assignments at night with me when our kids go to bed. So no matter our schedule we are able to find time to get our classes done for the week without worry that we have to be in a class at a certain time of the day. Another thing that I love is that there is always someone available to help you if you are having technical issues or questions of any kind. I rarely have to call the school for anything but when I have had questions I rarely had to wait to get answers. They were there every step of the way helping with financial aid, getting classes scheduled, and making sure I was choosing the right degree program for me. Absolutely wonderful.

Flexibility! That is what is the most unique thing about Everest Online. You can still live a normal life without worry that you have to be in a class at a certain time or day, you have 7 days to complete the work for the week allowing you to do it when it is convenient for you.

Describe the dorms.

The best thing about taking online classes is that your dorm is the comfort of your own home, or where ever your able to accomplish your work.

Why did you decide to go to this school?

I decided to enroll at Everest Online because (1) the prices compared to other online schools are phenomenal, (2) because I have children whom I home school and the flexibility of online classes was the only way I could actually obtain a degree (3) of all of the online colleges that I had contacted this was the ONLY one that did not cold call me every day, they did not pressure me, the understood I had a life outside of school and they contacted me only when it was convenient for me.

Being an online college we really do not have an off campus life like brick and mortar colleges. Those of us who attend college online are either working, taking care of families, or handling prior obligations in our off time.

The students at Everest Online are students from all over. We are diverse in where we come from and what the reason are why we chose an online college. We come from different backgrounds, lifestyles, etc. but we all have the same goal: to complete college and get a a degree.

The academics at Everest Online are like no other. Being an online school the academics are very different than those of a brick and mortar school however, they are in my opinion still very highly ranked. The professors have been wonderful for the most part. Of course like any college you will run into one here or there that you are just not compatible with, but overall I have had some great relationships with my professors. During my college experience thus far, I have had 2 children, the first one I had was born prematurely and I had a professor who helped me outside of class with the issues my son was facing, she took a real concern for his well-being and still contacts me from time to time to check on him and I have not had her for 4 semesters. The last 2 semesters I have had health issues for myself during my pregnancy and my professors have been understanding, willing to work with me, and genuinely concerned for my well being and the well being of my baby. If you let your professors know what is going on in your life in advance most of them will work with you to make sure you get your work done without losing your grade. Another part of academics that I like is that even though we are in online classes we can still make friends in classes, to help each other etc. we can talk outside of class via emails or even social networking such as facebook. I am a Business Administration major, my classes have been perfectly chosen to meet the skills of what I need to accomplish to obtain the specific job that I want. Ninety percent of my classes are core classes for my major and not unnecessary classes that I do not need, which makes it much nicer that I am completing classes I actually am interested in and not ones that have nothing to do with my job type.

Being from an online school with all online classes there really is not a stereotype per say for students who attend. Mainly we are people who for one reason or another cannot attend a brick and mortar school easily. Whether we have families, full time jobs, or other obligations; attending online classes is a choice for busy people who cannot attend classes at certain specific times during the day.

Priscilla

What's the best thing about this school? - Flexibilty and the teachers actually care about the students. Name one thing you'd change. - For the Online course, it would be the updates and I would change anything about the Campus. Is your school too large, too small, or just right? - It's just right, with the great aptitude of people. How do people react when you tell them you go to this school? - The are shocked, some people don't think it's possible to have a family and still go to a school. And eventually succeed because you did go to school. Where do you spend most of your time on campus? - The lounge, has the mix of people and the energy levels are great! College town, or "what college town?" - College Town all the way!! :) What's your opinion of this school's administration? - The School administration team is the best, they give you the tools to succeed and help you when you are struggling. What was the biggest recent controversy on campus? - Nothing that I can tell. Is there a lot of school pride? - Yes, we have those who deck everything out in Everest Colors, or logos and then we have those who have sweatshirts, hats, mugs and just little things to share the love of their school. Is there anything unusual about this school? - No, This school gives you an opportunity to succeed and grow and that's what everyone who goes here is reaching for. What's one experience you'll always remember? -I would say that I would be happy about being invited into the National Society or Collegiate scholars. I was speechless and greatly honored. :) What are the most frequent student complaints? - lack of vending machines.

Do students in dorms leave their doors open? -Yes for those who live on campus, it's very family oriented environment. If you're awake at 2am on a Tuesday, what are you doing? - Going to Denny's, we are regulars and eventually the waiters and waitresses remember your name and what you order. How often do people party? - Every other weekend. :) No shame in letting loose. . What can you do on a Saturday night that doesn't involve drinking? - Movies in the lounge or just go out and bowl with your friends. What do you do off campus? - Be with my family, exercise and enjoy the moment.

What are your experiences with racial, religious, LGBT, socio-economic, and/or other groups on campus? - I am a Member of the LGBT and NSCS on campus and online. People here are very welcoming and non judging. What kind of student would feel out of place at this school? -Those who have been home-schooled majority of their life would feel some anticipation but everyone here does their best to make you feel welcomed and comfortable. What do most students wear to class? - Those who are seriously wear ties and suits but those who are just laid back wear the PJ's and slippers. It totally depends on the student. I wear PJ's to my night classes and then jeans and a nice shirt to my morning or after noon classes. Do different types of students interact? - Yes we all interact with each other and with language barriers we help each other understand what one person is saying in a foreign language and translate it. There are four tables of students in the dining hall. Describe them. - Table one: The engineers and their toys, Table two: the Computer geeks and their programs, Table three: mixture of medical and health students and Table Four: A mixture of everyone talking and hanging out. Where are most of the students from? -Majority of our students are locals or Military. What financial backgrounds are most prevalent? -Middle class to Richy rich. Are students politically aware / active? Are they predominantly left, right or center? Do students talk about how much they'll earn one day - We are politically aware we have demonstrations we have a handful of lefts and rights and independents. And no, students here are very modest about how much they make or will be making after they leave school.

Do professors know your name? - Yes, and they know my daughters name as well. Tell us about your favorite class. Least favorite? - My favorite class would be critical thinking, and my least favorite would be English How often do students study? - Students seem to be studying all the time, but we do take breaks to give our brains a rest. Is class participation common? -Class participation is very common, that how we learn and remember what we are being taught is by interaction. Do the students have intellectual conversations outside of class? - You will here conversations about class work and something they read in the books almost all the time. There is no shame in learning something new. Are students competitive? - Very, Like they want to be the first person to get a post or turn in homework. Then we have class competitions. It's very interesting. What's the most unique class you've taken? - I would say that the most unique class I took was Psychology. Tell us about your major / department. - I am getting my associates in medical billing and coding. I will be the person interacting with the patients and insurance carriers. Taking care of the payments and the patients balance for healthcare. Do you spend time with professors outside of class? - Through email yes but not physically, having actual outside time with my professors is quite hard even if I make an appointment. How do you feel about this school's academic requirements? - They are fair, now a days if you don't have a high school diploma or GED they don't let you begin college courses. But Everest works with you to get you GED and then help you through the process of enrollment for college courses. Is the education at this school geared toward getting a job, or learning for its own sake? - Both! This school is all about teaching those who want to learn and help them get that job towards the specific degree program they are going for. Everest doesn't skimp out on helping their students.

I believe that the stereotypes are all wrong for Everest University. Their not Jocks, Stoners or even Preps, honestly they are frat kids who party hard and work hard, then the geeks who work hard and don't seem to really party that much. I guess you can say I am a real frat kid with a major disorder of geekiness. Though if you decide to be at Everest University you won't be disappointed.

Latshia
Describe the best and worst parts of the social scene on campus.

Describe the best and worst parts of the social scene on campus.

Best and Worst Parts of the Social Scene on Campus The best part about doing classes online is that you can make time to visit friends and family. Your social life does not have to change at all.

What do students complain about most?

What do students complain about most? Students don't complain about anything at Everest. They tell me that Everest is a good college because they can work at their own pace.

The first thing you need to do is to make a passing score on the ACT.This test will get you into college and Grad school at Everest University Online.The second thing you need to know is what majors the college has to offer that interest you. You need to know what classes you will have to take the most of pertaining to your major. If these classes are your weakest subjects, you need to change your major, because you want to make sure that you succeed. You need to find out if you qualify for financial aid, and if you qualify for it, you need to fill out an application.

There are no stereotypes at my school. Everyone is treated like they belong. There is no in crowd or out crowd. Everyone feels secure, loved, and everyone strives to learn. That what college is all about "LEARNING" and making memories that last a life time.

What's the dating scene like?

I basicly flirt with anyone I choose to flirt with. Some of the guys are from out of town. We usually go out to eat, go to the movies, or go bowling. Online classes do not affect your dating life at all. If you have a boy friend or a girl friend, they can visit you whenever you want them too. Like any other college, it is up to you to make time to date.

What's the Greek scene like?

The Greek scene is great at Everest University Online. One of the programs that I consider to be Greek is being an Ambassador. This gives me the opportunity to communicate with a lot of students with different nationalities, religious veiws, and personalities. Everyone mentors other students, communicates by e-mail on a daily basis, and we even have our own T-Shirt that is labeled the "Igniters." Everest gives you a chance to gain a bond with other students that can last a lifetime.

Where is the best place to get work done on campus?

Since I am going to college online, the best place to get my work done is in my bedroom where my computer is. My bedroom is the most quiet place in my home. I think that it is best to find a quiet area in your home or library so that you can concentrate on successfully completing your class assignments.

Why did you decide to go to this school?

I decided to go to this school, because I had been seeing commercials about students who graduated from Everest, and afterwards finding a job in their field of study. After graduating from a four year college in Mississippi, I contacted a variety of colleges that offered MBA degrees. They all required the GRE test. This was stressful to me because the GRE cost hundreds of dollars. When I first talked to an admissions counselor at Everest, they told me that I did not have to take the GRE in order to get into Grad School. That was right down my alley, because I could not risk failing a test and sitting at home with out a job. Everest gave me the opportunity to have a refund check from my financial aid money that was left over, and at the same time I am learning valuable skills in my Business Administration MBA program.

Tell us about your professors.

The professeors at Everest University Online are excellent. They make sure that you know everthing about your classes by posting what is expected from you as a student, and what is expected from them as a professor. They make sure to have all of the assignments listed from unit 1 through unit 6. This is a good thing, because once you finish one unit, you can start on another unit. The professors also has a class discussion board for the entire class. This discussion board is good for people that are shy about asking questions. Once you write a question on the class discussion board, it can be viewed by the professor as well as the students in your class. The professor answers these questions that are listed on the discussion board, and not only do you help yourself, but you also help your fellow class mates. If you have something private to ask your professor that you don't want anyone to know about, you can always e-mail them by clicking their name only. There is no way that you can talk to your professor face to face, or from a phone so make sure that you contact them ahead of time. The professors respond quickly to questions and responses so feel free to communicate.

Describe your school to someone who's never heard of it.

My school is my home in Aberdeen, MS. My classmate, and professors contact my by e-mail only. My advisors contact me by phone and e-mail. I do my classes at home, at my own pace.

Describe the dorms.

My dorm is a four bedroom home in Aberdeen, MS where I have lived at for eleven years.

Describe a day on campus you'll never forget.

I will never forget when I was chosen to be an ambassador at Everest University. I met a lot of new facebook friends that were also ambassadors, and we started sharing our thoughts about how we could help new students and students that were not new at Everest.

Describe a typical weekend.

A typical weekend for me would be to spend time with friends and family by going to the mall, and bowling.

My favorite campus traditions are spending time with family and friends.

Tell us about the food and dining options.

All of the food that you would want to eat can be purchased in your home town where you live. You can eat while doing your work online if that's what makes you comfortable.

I get to do my classes online while being in the comfort of my own home. I also have the books right in front of me for tests, discussions, and teamwork assignments.

When you step off campus what do you see?

I am doing classes online while still in my home town Aberdeen, MS. I don't know what Florida is like off campus.

Tell us about the sports scene on campus.

Since I am going to Everest online, I am not participating in sports. I still have enough free time to play sports, even though I am attending college online.

It is a home based setting because I am doing my work in the comfort of my own home.

What are your classes like?

All classes are online. You get a chance to work at your own pace.

The most popular groups are the NSCS and Ambassador. I am in both of these groups, and they both deal with mentoring other students. These bonds last a life time. I have never stayed on campus at Everest University. I met my closest friends by attending the NSCS and Ambassador groups online. If I am awake at 2 am on a Tuesday, I am on the computer chatting with my ambassadors and mentees. I am never on campus, because I do everything online. Last weekend I spent time at home doing online classes. On a Saturday night I chat online.

Carrie

My opinion of this school is that is a wonderful school to go to. I have accomplished so much in the year and a half that I have been here. I have been on Honor Roll since I started, I have been chosen for other programs due to my GPA. I would not change anything about this school. I believe this school is just right for me and for anyone else that attends it. When people ask me about this school, I would tell them that it is a great school and that I am glad that I chose it. I am an online student, so I have never been to the compus itself. There is a lot of school pride with Everest and I am proud to be a student here. The most amazing experience that I will never forget is that I made it to the National Society of Collegiate Scholars. This has been an amazing experience for me.

Everest University Online is a great school. I have been with the school since May of 2010 and I have decided to go back to get my Bachelors Degree through this school. The professors are great. We have a great Student Services team, We have an awesome Ambassadors Mentor Program that just started up, the Career Services are always available to help you in any way possible as well!

Tell us about your professors.

Being in an Online Evironment, the professors are a bit tougher. The professors are great though. They take their time to sit and explain everything to you step-by-step if you need them to. They are very understanding when it comes to something unexpected happening to you and you need more time to complete an assignment.

The only way I can describe my school is that I am in an online schooling.

I met most of my friends from class online or on Facebook. I have met a lot of my friends from the Ambassador Mentor Program at Everest University. It is a great program. If I am awake at 2am on a Tuesday, I am sitting on my couch or my bed doing my homework.

Considering I am part of the LGBT community, I do what I can for that community. I am not a racial person when it comes to anything. I can be friends with anybody. I realy couldn't say what kind of student would feel left out at this school because I do not go to school on campus. I do all of my schooling online. I do not know who wears what in this school eother. Me, I can wear anything from my clothes to my pajamas while doing my homework. It is pretty cool. I believe all students interact in this school. I am not sure about the financila background for everyone, but the one that suited me the most was Financial Aid. It has helped me a lot. I have also gotten student loans to help out with my schooling. I have never seen or heard a student talk about how much they will make one day from going to school and earning a degree.

The professors try their hardest to remember everyone. With an online course, I think it is hard to remember all that is in class. My favorite class was Law Office Management. I learned a lot in that class. It was awesome. My worst class haveing was my Algebra class. I had a hard time with the class but stuck with it. In an online class, they expect you to study at least four hours a day. It is not that much, but there are times that you study more than that, especially when you are doing some kind of research. I have met a lot of the students out of class through facebook. We all talk online quite a bit when we are not in class. It is a great way to make new friends. I believe the students are competitive. They are fighters when it comes to maintaining a 3.5-4.0 GPA. The most unique class I have taken is American Literature. It has been difficult but very interesting. I have become to really enjoy the class. I am currently in my Associates in Science in Paralegal Studies. It is amazing. I have not really associated with my professors outside of class considering I am an online student. I think that the academic requirements are fair to all students. I have no issues with any of the requirements. I believe that this school prepares you for the job. I have a Career Services Counselor that helps me with my resume and everything else you need to prepare for the outside world.

At Everest University we have a program called Ambassadors Mentor Program. THis program is intended for students that need of a mentor. A Mentor will keep contact with that student to see if they need any kind of help in their classes. This is such a great program. I am actually one of the Mentors, and I love being able to help the students. We also have an organization that is starting called the World Book Drive. This organization has already been in the making but we are gathering students from Everest University to help in this book drive. We have great Student Services for the students. If a student needs anything, they can help in any way possible.

Christopher

Everest is like my educational support system. They were there for me every step of the way guiding me through things like registering for classes, sticking to a major and answering any questions I had regarding my major. They truly cared about me and that I succeed as a student. I get at least one phone call when it's getting closer to the end of the week and I have not finished an online assignment. They motivate me to finish my work and get it turned in on time. Everest University is truly the best because they are giving me the necessary materials I need for when I start working in my career field.

The students are very open minded. They understand why we attending the school. We are all working towards a common goal so it is very easy to have a conversation with other students. Everest University Students coming in different ages, race, and backgrounds and this makes for one interesting school.

There is different classes set up for what ever major you might be interested in. The professors are there to help when you need them. They are constantly giving you feedback on assignments to make sure you do better next time. My favorite classes are all my Criminal Justice classes because that's my major. I also enjoy the Career Building classes and English classes. Class participation is recommended and is part of your class grade. It is great to interact with other Everest Students.

The stereotype for students taking online classes is that we are too lazy to go to class. This is not very accurate. I choose Everest Online because it went with my busy schedule. I work full-time and have love ones to support there is no way I could fit going to campus classes and going to work. But, I still do just about the same work if not more than people who go to campus classes.

Jacki

In my experience with Everest University Online, I have probably learned more here than in regular school – 26 years ago!! If you are considering going to college fresh out of high school or if your returning to the classroom after a long “adult” break, say no more...Attending a university that offers online courses such as Everest, is your ticket to making that lifelong career move. I was apprehensive at first especially since it had been 26 years since I was in school. However, it has turned out to be the most rewarding idea I've ever had. I also know that some of you are thinking “I definitely don't want to be going back to a campus life”, and if you're like me, I absolutely did not want to be walking around an on-ground campus amongst a horde of 20-25 year old's!! Or, you may be saying that you have kids, a family, a job! Well, that's the advantage of attending Everest Online...You can work at your own pace, you don't have to sit in a classroom nor set foot on a campus!! That's right! You won't accrue any additional costs for commuting to and from school, or for daycare, etc. Deciding NOT to choose to better your life by continuing your education would be a dead-end street. But, deciding to forward your career or start anew by enrolling in online classes – like Everest – would probably be one of the most enriching feats you could ever achieve. I did it – So I know you can too!! And I did it through EVEREST UNIVERSITY ONLINE....

Angel

The best thing that I can say about Everest online is that it makes it easier to continue my education. I can not think of anything that I would change unless it would be to actually attend a campus. People are very surprised when I tell them that I am going back to school and in their minds, I know that they are thinking if she can do maybe I can too. The school's administration is terrific, any time that I have had a problem, they were there to help me with it. I will remember that it was Everest that helped me achieve my back to school goal. I don't recall any complaints that I or any other student have had.

I would tell anyone that is interested in a school, that they should go to the campus website and check it out,

I would highly recommend to anyone that is wanting to go back to school that Everest has been very satisfactory for me. I really enjoy it.

Why did you decide to go to this school?

I decided to go back to school because it was something that I have always wanted to do and Everest has given my that opportunity,

What are your classes like?

I really enjoy my classes online. It gives me the freedom that I need in my busy schedule to further my education. My family and friends are behind me 100%.

This question doesn't pertain to me, because I don't attend a campus.

I have no answer for this question, because with going to school online we do not interact personally only for the classwork.

Every term, I am introduced to each one of my professor's and they are always there to let you know whether you are doing things correct or not. I enjoy my Law classes, but my least favorite was Algerbra. I study about 1 to 2 hours a night. Class participation is required. I guess students could be competitive, but it is really hard to tell with classes online. I don't believe that I have taken any unique classes, the classes I take are core and classes for my major. The school academic requirements are equivelant to other schools. I started online classes at first just for learning sake, but as I go along it could turn into getting a good job.

Since I have started going to Everest online, I have found that each student is an individual and that they are just like me wanting to further their career's and do better for the families.

I've been at Everest for 2 years. I have had a wonderful time. I know there is quite a few students at Everest but with campuses all over the country and even online students, I don't think there are too many students. Most of my classes have roughly 20 people in them and we still get a chance to communicate with everyone as well as the professors.

As far as the academics go, I love it. We might cram one full class into 12 weeks of work but the teachers are right there to help you. I am a criminal justice major and one of my professors is a Supreme Court Judge in California. I like seeing that even as a judge, he is still willing to take time away from his life to help students. Being an online student, I don't think that we have to study as much as others. We have our entire course right in front of us from day one. Being a criminal justice major, Everest has already helped me try to figure out exactly what I want to do when I graduate. They offer a chance to find a career in my field as well as furthering my career and degree.

Seeing as how I am an online student, I don't actually "talk" to the students much. We have our team assignments and have to interact with each other on the computer. However, even though we don't talk, I have never had a problem getting along with other students. We might have a difference of opinion on something but we can state our opinions and work it out or agree to disagree. There has never been a point where students could not get along.

I am in school online. However, there is still a stereotype. I have been in school there for almost two years and have noticed more than anything that the kind of students there are usually older than right out of high school. Most students work as well as attend school. Majority of the students are either married with children or have children. Being in school online helps out because we don't really have a lot of different "groups." Most students are there to further their career and provide a better life for our families. We don't worry about the jocks or the preps or nerds for that matter. At Everest, we are one big group.

Melissa

There is no racial issues the only issues are with the students who do not do their work. I will never understand why someone would pay to go to college and not do the work to the best of their ability.

The academics are great. The professors push you to do your best but they are also there for you if you ever need any help.

I enjoy going to everest online and it has helped me better myself and my families life.

I didn't really like it, to be honest. It took people forever to get back to me when I called or emailed. I ended up graduating late because they 'lost' some of my records so I ended up having to take classes over that I had already completed. The team work set up was ridiculous. I am much happier at the school I am with now. I plan on being with them for as long as I am furthing my education.

There weren't really any because I was enrolled in online courses.

In an online envronment, student participation was a must in order to pass the class. However, the input that was given was not always that intellectual or in depth, but most of the professors did what they could lead it in the right direction. I do not remember any of my professors names, however, I do have detailed reocrds of the classes I took as well as who taught them for my personal records.

It is really hard to tell because all my class were in an online evironment.

Everest University-Pompano Beach administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.