Pompano Beach, FL
Everest University-Pompano Beach

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Everest University-Pompano Beach

rachel

I think that the school I go to is the best. They are always trying to help in everything. I feel my school is just right. When I tell people I go to this school they are like thats cool.

I would have to say that the stereotype of students are Geeks.

Victoria

My Professors are great, having the freedom of doing school work at my own pace is awesome; but I think that the best part of the school is the support system. My advisors in the military affairs department truly care. They make sure you are taken care of and getting all the support you need.

I have had all great Professors. I had one one term, then skipped a term and had him again, and he remembered me and even asked how my military move went, and how my husband and dogs where doing. This is a teacher that never laid eyes on me, but cared enought to truly remember me. I was thrilled to have him as a Professor again. The Criminal Investigation classes have all been really interesting and the core classes have been easy to understand and navigate through. I am a person who has failed algebra several times in the past due to just not understanding it, but I passed this time. Everybody for the most part seems to be dedicated to their studies which helps because we have team projects to complete.

Due to the fact that I go to Everest through their online portal, I have not encountered a bunch of stereotypes. You can make assumptions, however they may not be right.

Jamie
What's the Greek scene like?

What's the Greek scene like?

Its Great ! Being an Ambassador is amazing, you are able to interact with all kinds of people from all over the world. Meeting new people thats part of being in college ....right? You are able to hear their story and tell them yours, and if curiosity gets the better of you; you can try to walk in someone elses shoes for the day. If you get what needs to get done- done and stay on track and remember your dream; why you are going to college in the first place, then one day you will be one of the lucky ones and become an Ambassador yourself. And met the wonderful people that I am lucky enough to meet.

Personally my favorite traditions is being a mother, being able to spend time with my family. Seeing how they are the only reason why I am a college student, and going to college online- is so thatI am able to spend time with them. Everest University-Online allows me to do that.

What are some hot-button issues on campus?

The biggest hot-button issue here on campus, is when to go to sleep! A 2 1/2 year dont want to go to sleep when she is told too.

There is a few things to keep in mind before you start at any college; Take your time, relax, and Dont worry so much- you have a whole team of supporters. Dont take on more stress thats not needed. When I started here at Everest, I was a mess. I wanted to make sure all my classes were taken care of that night. Big Mistake! After a week into it, I realized that I had no reason to be overwhemled. I had pently of time to do all my work, I had a whole team of supporters. I put myself under alot of stress for no reason. After the first week of college (here at Everest, or any college) you will see that the stress you put on yourself was unecessary! And you will then be able to relax. The first week, is the hardest, all because you are unsure of how to get things done. But you never have to worry about things here at Everest University-Online.

Everest is the type of college where you can attend on your own time, in your own personall enviorment; your house. Everest has professor's that are currently working in the field. What could be better then that? Everest isnt just another college. Its a college that provides to your every need. There are so many words to chose from when trying to explain Everest, but a few words that will sum it up is: Fast, Easy, On your Own Time, Great Professor's/Students, Womderful, and Amazing!

Describe your school to someone who's never heard of it.

What's the dating scene like?

Here, the dating scene is 1 on 1 time with the man Im in love with. Sit back, relax with a huge bowl of popcorn, put on a 'scary' movie and pretend that Im afraid while in his arms. If not that, then its 1 on 1 on 1 time :-) me, Abby, and Don going out to eat, play around a little while, then come back home.

Describe the best and worst parts of the social scene on campus.

The best social scene on my campus, is where its just me, my babies, and coloring,playing with toys, etc. There is no better campus then your own home. Thw worst scene, is when my daighter is fighting sleep. Thats never a good thing!

Here at Everest University -Online, there is no stereotype, we are not labeled. And if we were, the answer would be yes, it is accurate; if Everest was label one of the most amazeing schools to go to, where all students would have their foot in the door of their field of cjoice before graduating.

Lucky for Everest University- Online there is No stereotype. Let me ask you a question; Why does one go to college? To give out false 'labels' or to make a better life? We are all adults who are looking to make a better life for ourselves as well as our children. We dont wish to give out false 'lables' ... we just want to learn what we must inorder to get a great job.

What do students complain about most?

Things that students complains about; is not recieveing emails from their advisors stateing that there material is on its way (all the time.) When a person see's a box or two on your door step do they leave it alone or take it? Most of the time people take it, therefore, causing problems for you. The adviosors are taking control back for their studens; now they call or email you to tell you that your material is on its way. It doesnt happen all the time (the complaining) but there have been a few misunderstandings. However, the problem is fixed.

Describe a typical weekend.

A typical weekend for me, is waking up with my child, feeding her, playing with her, run for her, and continuing having a great fun day. It doesnt matter if its on a weekend or weekday. After hours upon hours of playing, I put her down for sleep time. After that its one on one time with me and my college work, and students who needs my help.

Describe a day on campus you'll never forget.

One day a few months ago, I went to enter into my edu email and there it was. A email stating that only 20% of college students have the honors to enter into a great opportunity; to be honored for your hard work as well as finding programs that can help you with college, and helps pay for college. Im talking about the NSCS (National Society of College Scholars.) I was took by suprise, and left breathless. A few day after hearing the news that I was accpetted into the NSCS, I recieved another email from Everest, stateing that I am a member of a special term; Ambassadors. To help students with whatever their needs are, etc.

Where is the best place to get work done on campus?

The best place to compelete your work is in the environment you are at your best; relax, comfortable, etc. If you are the type who can work with everything around you at its crazy-ness then anywhere is fine. However, if you are the type who can learn better in a quite room, your bedroom with the door close is the best place for you. Its your choice, its on your own rules.

What are the most popular classes offered?

In my opinion; aslo the facts, the most popular field is Criminal Justice. There are all kinds of classes to take in this field; Crime Scene Photography, Crime Scene Dynamics I & II, Graphics and Documentation, etc. The list will go on and on. These classes breaks down all the necessary information one needs inorder to be sucessful in this field.

Tell us about the food and dining options.

The food is amazing... as long as you know how to cook or pick up the phone and order out. :-) You are able to eat when you wish and eat whatever you wish; whatever you mind needs. There is no 'eating whatever is cooked' in a lunch room. You are able to pick your favorite foods and sit back, relax, and continue learning.

When you step off campus what do you see?

When I step off of campus I see my own yard, filled with my childs toys.

Tell us about the sports scene on campus.

To be honest the only sports there is - is what you watch on TV.

Tell us about your professors.

My professors have been great. There have been some better then others but when you break it all down.... they teach you what they know. The professors at Everest University online has and still is working in the field you are majoring in. They have first hand experience. So I ask you one question... are you welling to take a class with professors that dont have first hand experience or take a class with professors that knows the field inside and out?

The unique thing about my campus is that its my own home. I study online- where in the comfort of my home.

Why did you decide to go to this school?

The reason why I decide to go to Everest University- Online is because not only am I able to get my education but also continue being a mother to my child. I am able to make a better life for her as well as keep an eye on her at the same time. Everest has the program that I have been interested in since I was a little girl; Criminal Justice. These two reasons fit perfectly together.

Everest is just like anyother school....but its online. The campus is your own personal enviroment. What could be better then that?

What are your classes like?

They are fun and interactive. You are able to learn as much as possible in one day; from the students and the professors. There is no 'putting' anyone down. We are all there to learn.

Just like any other colleges, athletics are always popular. I meant two close friends though Everest. One is a single mother, while the other is a single father. If I woke up at 2 am on a Tuesday morning, I would either be studying, playing with my child, or talking to my friends.

Here at Everest- it doesnt matter what you like or who you are (race.) We are college students that want to learn not put each other down nor give 'titles.' All races, sex, etc., all ages would filled out the forms needed in order to attend here. And they should. All students interact with one another; single parent interact with students that dont have kids, etc. Same-sex students interacts with 'striaght' students. Students come from all over the world. There isnt just one place where students come to attend Everest.

Yes, the professors know my name. My favorite class would have to be General Psy. This is where I learnt alot about how human beings mind works, and also meant a great man. My least favorite class would be the writting classes. Yes, students all the time have conversations with other classmates and professors all the time outside of class. My major is Criminal Justice; Criminal Investigations. The reason why I chose this field is because I have a little child, and if I am able to help put him/her away so that they are not able to commit anymore crimes, I would be okay with that. Also, I would like to help the victim(s) and their families at a time they are not able to help them selves.

Lucky there is no stereotype here at Everest University-Online. We are all adults, who are looking to make a better life style. Some of continuing their education for them selves, while other; like me, are continuing their education for their children. Here at Everest University-Online we all have been welcome with open arms and no 'titles.'

Kristina

My overall opinion about this school is that I like it alot. The people and the professors are very nice and willling to help out in any way. There really isn't anything that I would change about this school as I like it and don't think that there is anything to change. I take online courses and I have had a great experience with the online classes. All of my classmates have been very friendly and wonderful. It is a great school.

What are your classes like?

My classes are wonderful. They are really not too hard and not too easy. I like them.

I can't really answer this question about other students on my campus as I don't go to school on campus. I take online courses and the students in my class are great and very helpful and nice. I am sure the ones that are on campus are as well also.

At this school everybody knows your name and they are very friendly. My favorite class is my Basic Thinking Skills. My least favorite class is my Advanced CPT coding class. I take online classes so I really don't spend anytime with my professors but I email them and they are very quick to get back to me. This school is a good school.

The stereotype of the students at my school I think is very good. All of the students are very eager to learn and to help others out in any way that they can. Their attitudes are always positive and never negative. They are always willing to put other students first and their needs and to help them out in any way possible.

Everest University-Pompano Beach administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.