Everest University-Pompano Beach

« See more reviews of Everest University-Pompano Beach

What is the stereotype of students at your school? Is this stereotype accurate?

Considering I take online classes the only stereotype I have come accross is that online learning is easy, therfor not as beneficial. I am not sure the correct term for this, maybe not "real" college students. I do not feel that this stereotype is accurate. I was a campus student in the past, and I feel that my online learning at times becomes more difficult. In most instances online students have to communicate via email, or discussion boards. It is easy to get frustrated when the material is not understood, and it is harder to learn without a "professor" teaching the class. We have a lot of reading material, and basically the professor to ask questions to, and is involved in the discussions at times.

At Everest University we have a program called Ambassadors Mentor Program. THis program is intended for students that need of a mentor. A Mentor will keep contact with that student to see if they need any kind of help in their classes. This is such a great program. I am actually one of the Mentors, and I love being able to help the students. We also have an organization that is starting called the World Book Drive. This organization has already been in the making but we are gathering students from Everest University to help in this book drive. We have great Student Services for the students. If a student needs anything, they can help in any way possible.

I am in school online. However, there is still a stereotype. I have been in school there for almost two years and have noticed more than anything that the kind of students there are usually older than right out of high school. Most students work as well as attend school. Majority of the students are either married with children or have children. Being in school online helps out because we don't really have a lot of different "groups." Most students are there to further their career and provide a better life for our families. We don't worry about the jocks or the preps or nerds for that matter. At Everest, we are one big group.

Some common stereotypes of studnets at my school are that we are lazy. This is far from the truth. Some of us just simply do not have the time to make it to an actual class or we do not have the money to live on campus. We are not lazy because unlike other college students, we do not get summer break, and spring break, we go to school almost all year long with the exception of christmat break and thanksgiving, and we get a week between terms.

I attend college online so my opinion of my peers is all I have to establish this answer. From my point of view, everyone comes from different walks of life and is here for one reason; to obtain a degree in their desired field and better their future. Online we all work together to complete individual assignments and teamwork assignments. Those involved really help each other by provided their educational experience and motivation.

Being from an online school with all online classes there really is not a stereotype per say for students who attend. Mainly we are people who for one reason or another cannot attend a brick and mortar school easily. Whether we have families, full time jobs, or other obligations; attending online classes is a choice for busy people who cannot attend classes at certain specific times during the day.

The stereotype for students taking online classes is that we are too lazy to go to class. This is not very accurate. I choose Everest Online because it went with my busy schedule. I work full-time and have love ones to support there is no way I could fit going to campus classes and going to work. But, I still do just about the same work if not more than people who go to campus classes.

I believe that the stereotypes are all wrong for Everest University. Their not Jocks, Stoners or even Preps, honestly they are frat kids who party hard and work hard, then the geeks who work hard and don't seem to really party that much. I guess you can say I am a real frat kid with a major disorder of geekiness. Though if you decide to be at Everest University you won't be disappointed.

Lucky there is no stereotype here at Everest University-Online. We are all adults, who are looking to make a better life style. Some of continuing their education for them selves, while other; like me, are continuing their education for their children. Here at Everest University-Online we all have been welcome with open arms and no 'titles.'

My school is an online program, so therefore most stereotypes would be people who are good with technology. Would this be considered geeky? It doesn't matter what life style you have as long as you know how to use electronics and are able to figure out the internet easily. Through the internet, stereotypes don't really exist as much.