Evergreen Valley College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Evergreen Valley College

Jacqueline

EVC is full of diversity and opportunities. Although campus life is not as active as that of other colleges, there are many enjoyable clubs/programs to join, especially academic programs. The professors are really helpful and insightful, making classes interesting and engaging. Many professors are very approachable, making it easy to have intellectual conversations or ask for help on any part of the lecture or lab. There are many helpful services provided by the college such as free tutoring services to students; clothing, food, and hygiene pantries; counseling and health services; and many more! EVC made my college experience full of great moments with students I met around campus and with professors I had for each of my classes. The campus life definitely does add to the joy I feel whenever I am on campus.

Martin

Evergreen Valley College helped refined my abilities to succeed in my classes, my social skills, leadership roles, and networking with learning disabilities. I love the support from faculties and new buildings. I was proud to graduate from this school.

marisol

Evergreen Valley College is a great community college to start off your education. The teachers are very attentive, caring, and knowledgeable. The professors care about their students personal and academic lives and will go out of their way to be available to help their students however possible. The campus itself is beautiful and boast of up to date facilities. The variety of classes offered is great and any student who attends this college is in good hands!

Valeria

Great college

Tiffany

Overall, I think that Evergreen Valley College is a great community college. I was just taking online classes before and I learned a lot from my professors. I don't have a lot to say on campus because I mostly do my homeworks online and I only go on campus for orientations and finals but I would say that EVC is a good school.

The campus is nice and clean. Most of the professors are friendly and willing to help. The administration is extremely inefficient. There are not a lot of student activities, so if clubs and student life is important to you, go somewhere else. It is quite hard to make friends because of the lack of clubs and activities. Most students are commuters just trying to get their credits and graduate.

viviana

I think that Evergreen Valley College has the correct resources and if you ever need anything all you have to do is talk to a counselor and they will gladly do their best to help you out.

Camille

I like Evergreen, especially the instructors there. The professors that I met are nice and very passionate about their subjects. Some of the faculty can be intimidating, which will be troublesome when they don't help in some situations. However if you are prepared on what to ask, then there won't be much of a problem. I spent most time in classes or in the library, which I felt were satisfactory with services and open hours. I wish they had buildings open until the last public bus arrives to the school since I primarily ride the bus. There are no fights, drinking, or any theft reported nor alerts from the school. There are problems with finding a parking spot, but the school is currently doing construction.

maryann

I'm attending Evergreen Valley College since 2017 because it's the nearest to my house. Evergreen is a safe place to be at, there's always security for anything. Evergreen has many majors for you. Whenever the class is full and you already enrolled in other classes you could easily go to san Jose city college because of sister schools. It's also a small school that your classes are not even far. Overall, it's a great school. Many people get involved in activities.

Thu

The school is good, it was located in a safe zone. Classes size is very well about 30 student or less. For new students, It is harder to find social activities to attend, and the school should do something to inform social activities or short picnic for students.

saida

my overall opinion for evergreen valley college is that students always get involved but I don't get too much involved in some activities because I just barely started this year. and I really like the campus the environment is so active, positive there are so many sources where you can achieve your goal, counselors help me a lot, they are so patient with every single student. I just love Evergreen Valley College.

Kaia

Academically, on average the professors have consistent and reliable office hours, will dedicate their effort and time to answer any questions, and typically strictly follow their syllabuses. The school tries to provide additional help to the students, such as free tutoring and rentals. The student body is also small in comparison to other community colleges, therefore it is easier to get into the classes that you need, though core classes often have longer waitlists. There are many places to study; the library has study rooms and private desks, and is quiet. Beside the occasional cultural event, the school spirit is basically nonexistent. In the two years I have been there, I still cannot definitively say anything about sports teams or the role of the student council. The clubs are few in number, yet there is a very active Kpop dance club. The cafeteria food is average and the prices not too outrageous. However, a short stroll away from the school leads to a small plaza that contains Starbucks, Le Boulanger, Iguanas, etc... On safety, I have left my car in the parking lot until 11:00 at night for night classes and have never feared getting it broken into, though you should always be cautious when walking alone in the dark. Overall, Evergreen Valley College is an alright school if you want to get through all your courses and build a strong foundation, but lackluster in terms of building community.

Nehemiah

It is OK. I've never had to do anything I didn't want to, but I am wary of counselors. Most of them discourage people from trying, yet they have what they need to aim for their future goals. The cultural events are worth attending, and the food/ clothes pantry help out a lot.

evergreen valley college is a great community college. there are a lot of amazing educational, as well as social, opportunities. furthermore, there are various clubs that include people of color. for example, seaase for south east asians, aspire for asian and pacific islanders, enlace for chicanx and latinx, and, lastly, affirm for african american students. overall evergreen valley is a wonderful community college.

Aileen

Evergreen Valley College offers nursing program that is superior to other community colleges in the SF bay area. The pass rate is higher than other schools that offer the same program. The instructors are very knowledgeable and supportive to students.