Albany, NY
Excelsior College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Excelsior College

Mordechai

Excelsior is a great option for students who have studied at an institution that is not regionally accredited. The school looks at all types of previous education and issues credit accordingly. They are very flexible and accommodating in the modes of learning in the offered courses. Because most of the students learn online they have many excellent online resources that are free of charge.

Raizy

great opportunity for the average students to excel!

great opportunity for the average students to excel!

Kari

This college seems to be very helpful for adults who want to continue their education.

Laura
What are your classes like?

Classes are intense and highly informative. Lots of homework and essays.

What are your classes like?

Classes are intense and highly informative. Lots of homework and essays.

One stereotype is that it's mainly a college for people in the military, but there is a very diverse student body from working moms to single young college students. A variety of ethnic groups attend and the male to female ratio seems pretty even. Though I think many of the males are military men. Overall, its a pretty good cross section of people in the student body.

There are honor societies that you can join and there is a board on the Communities page where you can find study buddies.

It is an online school so you get to know your classmates through class discussion boards and the colleges community discussion boards. Everyone seems eager and ready to learn. No slackers here, from what I can tell.

The academics are fantastic, they have tons of resources like an extensive online library where you can do your research. The classes are challenging and the professors more than apt at their jobs. The classes are intense and textbooks are very informative.

Jeremy

The school is fast paced, highly focused, and committed to graduating students that are prepared to succeed in their career.

No matter what do not give up, find something you love, and go all in. Put every ounce of your energy into achieving the goals you set once you've discovered your passion. Nothing will ever be handed to you expect to work hard.

Jacquelynn

Don't be afriad to take risks. Big risks, like applying for your dream college or your dream job, and small everyday risks, like trying a new class or hobby and pushing yourself to be your best. Don't be so hard on yourself - as long as you are trying new things and doing what you love every day, you ARE growing! Enjoy every moment of your day, even the bad ones, and recognize the people who are there for you and there to help you meet your goals. Express your needs, talk about your goals, get excited about who you are and who you want to be!! Focus on what you CAN control, not on what you can't. There will always be circumstances that are not expected, but if you stay who you say you are through all of them, you will feel victorious at the end.

Tracy

This school allows you to do what you need to do and also find time for work and family.

College will be the best time of your life but you need to take it seriously. You need to be able to manage your time so that you can get the things done that you need to do but also allow for fun!

Adults who work full time and want to complete a program at their pace

Jean

I am currently 42 years old and I am currently taking courses to get my Associate Degree in Nursing. If I could go back in time and speak to myself as a high school senior I would encourage myself to take college seriously and I would encouarged myself to work hard and get my college education sooner. Had I known the importance of a college education when I was a high school senior I would have graduated from college a long time ago and be settled into a career. I would stress to myself the importance of a college education and what it would mean to my future. I would also tell myself that it would be harder to transition into college as an older adult. The transition into college life would be easier as a high school graduate. As an older adult in college I feel as though I have wasted many educational years and I wish I could go back in time and tell myself all of these important things.

The best thing about Excelsior College is that you can learn at your own pace and the staff is always available when needed. I take credits by exam and I am able to test on as many subjects as I can at the time. The Academic Advisors have always been great in guiding me educationally and I have never had an issue with any aspect at the school.

I really have not had a bad experience at Excelsior College thus far. The staff has been very helpful when needed and in a timely manner. If I have to say one bad thing is that Excelsior is a distant learning type of college and I work from home under the guidance of instructors and advisors. There are times when I miss the classroom education.

kedra

Again, being a new student, I am still figuring this out as well. Being an online student can be very isolating if you allow it. I tend to focus on my course and the time frame I need to complete my work .

Being an online student, you are very independent with your studies. Excelsior College has many online communities and discussion sessions for students to "meet".

Being a strictly online campus however, they offer support groups, on line communities and the professors are available via email, on line chats ect if needed.

karen

I am thankful for Excelsior college. I am able to work and attend college within the convenience of my home.

I am currently doing online courses. If I was on campus, meeting people of different culture would definitely be number one.

The academics at Excelsior college are well structured.

• $0

Excelsior College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.