Excelsior College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Excelsior College

Darryl

Affordable and assessable depending on your needs, very user friendly.

Kari

This college seems to be very helpful for adults who want to continue their education.

Patrick

This is a great school to deal with. The advisers will help guide you through your path and help achieve your goals. Being a 100% online school the experience is different but well worth the energy, what you put in is what you will get out of it. I can not say enough about the school. If it was not for them I would never have been able to go back and work toward my degree. When the day comes, I will be a proud alumni.

Robert

None it is a great online college. I have just started going and it seems like the staff are very helpful and courteous. I hope to have success at Ecelsior and achieve my RN degree!. So I think with the help of the school I will be able to achieve my dreams

Katrenna

I take all of my courses on line and I am enjoying it. Each of the professors are very quick to respond if you have any questions or concerns. I like the fact that I am made aware when there are webinars available that can help me out with course work or just writing a paper.

Mordechai

Excelsior is a great option for students who have studied at an institution that is not regionally accredited. The school looks at all types of previous education and issues credit accordingly. They are very flexible and accommodating in the modes of learning in the offered courses. Because most of the students learn online they have many excellent online resources that are free of charge.

Thomas

Excelsior College is a superb school for busy, adults who need to complete their degree using a flexible format. The college has award-winning faculty, and student advising. They allow a maximum number of transfer credit from a variety of credit sources including CLEP, ACE, NCCRS, and traditional learning. They are the creator of UEXEL exams.

Lexi

It's a great school with a helpful faculty, interesting and engaging classes, and great academics. The advisors are always available to answer student questions and push you in the right directions. The professors I've had have all been wonderful, making themselves readily available, even after after the semester is over. I've been able to reach out to professors for career and continuing education advice, help on other courses, etc.

Raizy

great opportunity for the average students to excel!

Alison

Excelsior has an excellent online nursing program. Whether you are earning your RN or advancing your degree, it is a great place to attend college. The staff is helpful and available. I would recommend it.

Classes are fine, professors are understanding and respond according. The financial aid department and all communication through the message center is a joke however. No one knows how to answer or what they are doing when you discuss on the phone. I have gotten the go around so many times and ignored by staff for months at a time when it is time sensitive matters. The only member of staff that has been any help at all is the Third Party Billing and they aren't even part of the school... that says something.

Lorianna

I've had a good experience. It is an online only college so there is no campus, but I know there are offices in Albany, NY that I've never been to. They seem to care about their students and offer good resources and advising. I've enjoyed my classes and I graduated with new skills and knowledge.

john

Excelsior College is an online university that is meant to make college accessible to those who are unable to attend traditional college. I was skeptical about online delivery having attended a traditional university earlier in life. I have been very pleased with my experience at Excelsior College though. I have found that while it takes more effort to have meaningful intellectual conversations when the students aren’t physically in class together, everyone is pushing to have those meaningful discussions. I remember from my previous college experience that I could spend an entire semester in class and not engage with my fellow students a single time. At Excelsior College, the information is delivered to each student individually at their own pace, but the format requires students to engage with each other and it brings out some very meaningful insights into the curriculum. I was drawn to Excelsior College’s flexibility during my college search. I am currently serving in the Navy on active duty and I needed to be able to complete course work when I had time available. Additionally, as a Navy Nuclear Propulsion Operator, Excelsior college offers a Nuclear Engineering Technology degree which enables me to be more well prepared to transition to the civilian nuclear power industry. While I was concerned that the curriculum might not be as challenging as the course work completed through my training in the Navy, I have again been pleasantly surprised. The material that I have studied has given me great insight into the differences between my current career and my future career in the civilian industry, and I feel that this knowledge with be invaluable for me. I cannot say enough about how great my college experience has been at Excelsior. The school has taken me from a skeptic to an advocate. I would not trade my experience and knowledge gained for another. Excelsior College is a wonderful school.

Pandora

Excelsior is an online and in person school. My classes are done online because I don’t live in New York. I have had wonderful classes and no problems with asking for help from professors or classmates. At times it’s hard being alone with school but all of us in the courses help each other out